Threxx

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n19A

Freeport - Babylon

via Merrick Road/Sunrise Highway

Peak Hours Only

The n19A would divert from the n19 at Park Blvd in Massapequa Park, serve the LIRR and follow the n54/55 to Sunrise Mall. After Sunrise Mall, it will stay on Sunrise Highway until NY 109 where it will follow the n72 to Babylon LIRR.

the N50 Crosstown is to attract new ridership. there is zero demand for bellmore. plus other buses can do it the N51 & 46 exist. However I did see some wild white guys with beer getting on the N40 tonight. they are my age

Am I missing something? I don't see what wild White guys on the N40 has to do with anything. :wacko:

My List of Proposals: see map for confusions

1. n15A via Austin Blvd
  2. n15X via Peninsula Blvd. Makes Limited Stops Below RVC and makes the following stops north of RVC. Hempstead Transit Center, County Seat/Supreme Court Drives, and RF Mall.
  3. n19 Re-Routed via Amityville
  4. n19A via Park Avenue and Sunrise Hwy
  5. n33 extended to Point Lookout, replacing the N69 (City of Long Beach)
  6. n37 NEW ROUTE Baldwin Harbor - Hicksville see map
  7. n50 extended to Syosset-Crossways Industrial via Woodbury Road
  8. n52/n53 New Merrick Shuttles see map
  9. n73 combined with n74 (via n73 north of H. Tpke, via n74 south of H. Tpke)
  10. n79 Re-Extended to RF
  11. n89 NEW ROUTE Jones Beach - North Merrick (see map)
  12. n77NEW ROUTE Roosevelt Field-S. Huntington via Jericho Tpke (details below)

Anyway, I have revamped my n77 proposal.

N77 Roosevelt Field Mall - S. Huntington (Walt Whitman Mall)

Runs hourly via Jericho Turnpike/Main Road, Syosset LIRR (Underwood Blvd/Jackson Av), and Carle Place LIRR (Elison Av/Westbury Av/Cherry Lane)

RUNS HOURLY

Westbound Weekday

First westbound trip is 7:00 AM from Syosset LIRR to RF. First Full trip is 7:46 AM from WWM. Last trip is 8:46 PM from WWM to Syosset LIRR.

Eastbound Weekday

First trip is 7:10 AM from Syosset LIRR to WWM. First full trip is 7:37 AM from RF to WWM. Last trip is 8:37 from RF to Main Rd/Woodbury Road in Woodbury.

Saturday service operates in a loop from WWM to Syosset LIRR via Main Rd, Jackson Av, and Underhill Blvd (Eastbound only)

W/B trips depart WWM on the :46 and E/B trips depart Syosset on the :20. Service is rush only (6:46 - 10 :20 AM) and (5:46 - 9:20 PM)

N77 always interlines with itself.

Comments?

1. n15A via Austin Blvd

2. n15X via Peninsula Blvd. Makes Limited Stops Below RVC and makes the following stops north of RVC. Hempstead Transit Center, County Seat/Supreme Court Drives, and RF Mall.

Well if you extend the n89 to Hempstead you got something going on. The prescience of north Merrick makes it feel like it goes nowhere.

The n79 I would extend it it rush hours and evenings

The n33: Proposal, where should I start. I don't know how long beaches Transportation system is gonna feel by that fact that it will totally copy the n69. Now, a merge won't work either, because of the different fares. I don't think the n33 should be extended, not even to Jones Beach. Even if it operates closed door, I don't think it will satisfy LB riders unless you bring the fare to $2.00

The n15 it needs rush hour Limited at times, I agree. But the fact that a route may divert from the n15, might as well make it a branch of the 15.

Also there isn't much a demand of limited stop service South of RVC. Also, just make the n15x and n15L because the 15x will skip too many stops. And it will skip one of the most used stops to Hempstead

Also, just make the n15x and n15L because the 15x will skip too many stops. And it will skip one of the most used stops to Hempstead

The n15X would not skip Hempstead that would be its first stop after RVC. As for the n33... Well, you nailed it.

N7: Hempstead Terminal Bay 9 to Jamaica Center via Hempstead Turnpike and Jamaica Avenue. Jamaica Bound trips will make a left on Merrick Blvd from Jamaica Avenue and a right on Archer. Hempstead bound trips will make a left on 168 Street from Archer and right on Jamaica Avenue.

N17: Eliminated. For service to Rockville Centre, Mercy Medical, and Hempstead Terminal, please use the N16.

N35x: Non stop service between Hempstead Terminal, Roosevelt Field, and Nassau Community College. School Days Only.

N7: Hempstead Terminal Bay 9 to Jamaica Center via Hempstead Turnpike and Jamaica Avenue. Jamaica Bound trips will make a left on Merrick Blvd from Jamaica Avenue and a right on Archer. Hempstead bound trips will make a left on 168 Street from Archer and right on Jamaica Avenue.

N17: Eliminated. For service to Rockville Centre, Mercy Medical, and Hempstead Terminal, please use the N16.

N35x: Non stop service between Hempstead Terminal, Roosevelt Field, and Nassau Community College. School Days Only.

N17: I don't think the 17 should be eliminated. I think the n17 should retain as it is. Also, there is a student non stop service from Hempstead to NCC called the n16x.

N7: Does Jamaica Center really need another NICE route. The n4 itself is fine.

N17: I don't think the 17 should be eliminated. I think the n17 should retain as it is. Also, there is a student non stop service from Hempstead to NCC called the n16x.

N7: Does Jamaica Center really need another NICE route. The n4 itself is fine.

The n17 needs to be eliminated. There's no demand for bus service along the Peninsula Blvd/ N. Village Avenue corridor and Mercy Medical Center doesn't justify the need for this route. People who live on Graham can walk to the N16 for service to Hempstead, or walk to the terminal on foot. Everytime I see the N17 at the terminal, it's either empty or has three or four people on board.

The Jamaica Center does need another NICE route. The n4 alone isn't enough. NICE needs at least two or three more routes that connects Parsons Archer with neighborhoods like Elmont, Franklin Square, or Floral Park to name a few.

A New route: N86

Long Beach-Freeport via Lido Blvd/Meadowbrook Parkway

It's not going to work. NICE buses operate closed doors within the City of Long Beach because the town has its own buses.

It's not going to work. NICE buses operate closed doors within the City of Long Beach because the town has its own buses.

If they can make an agreement with the city to have them cancel the N69 (or have NICE take over the N69 and extend it) then it could work.

I'm not saying I necessarily support the idea of a Long Beach-Freeport route, but I'm just saying it is possible.

You can't have the Hempstead portion work without diverting it on to 1st st and Cambridge avenue. You can't have two directions of 1 line at the same stop.

1. n15A via Austin Blvd

The N77 weekend servie should go to Jericho Quad so passengers can connect to the N48/49 to go to Hicksville.

The N77 weekend servie should go to Jericho Quad so passengers can connect to the N48/49 to go to Hicksville.

Yes... It is quite a walk from 106/107. I will fix it on the map.

Archived