NICE(aka formely LI Bus) Proposals/Ideas 2012

Threxx

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We Had the JB24, Jamaica-RF-JB, but very low ridership

N89: Roosevelt Field - Jones Beach via Meadowbrook Parkway.

The route should be from Jamaica, picking up at 165th and 179th. Then go to Roosevelt Field, then to Hempstead, then down to Jones Beach. There should definitely be ridership there. To start, the route should be weekends only during the summer.

buses can not be on the meadow brook north of merrick rd plus that would simply make N17 useless

How can a N17 from Rockville Centre to Mineola via Hempstead Avenue and Franklin Avenue be worse than the current routing along N.Village/ Peninsula?

Meadowbrook Parkway...

clearances are too low for buses to use just extend N51 and call it a day. N51 needs the ridership anyway add weekend service for summers only send to jones beach it will be a hit.

How can a N17 from Rockville Centre to Mineola via Hempstead Avenue and Franklin Avenue be worse than the current routing along N.Village/ Peninsula?

cause it duplicates N32/31 thats why. Again let N17 become an express version of N15 to deal with crowds to long beach and help with service levels south of rockville centre. This will cut down wait and travel times for folks heading to hempstead from long beach and may take a load off the N15 in a sense.

The route should be from Jamaica, picking up at 165th and 179th. Then go to Roosevelt Field, then to Hempstead, then down to Jones Beach. There should definitely be ridership there. To start, the route should be weekends only during the summer.

funny no one will use it that's what the LIRR/N88 is for. Let other lines like N40 if you want a hempstead to JB line your better off extending N41/40

How about this: The N89 will run non stop between Roosevelt Field and Hempstead Terminal via Clinton Street and Stewart Avenue. Then, it will make local stops along Main Street from Hempstead to Freeport LIRR, and use Sunrise Highway to get on the Meadowbrook.

I would make a revival of the JB24, called the n86. It would Begin at the 165 street Bus Terminal,make stops until 179 street, then non-stop to Mineola, then stops along Franklin Avenue, non stop from HTC to RF, then Non Stop to via n45 routing, make one stop at Uniondale and Park, then non stop to Bellmore, then via Wantagh State to Jones Beach.

clearances are too low for buses to use just extend N51 and call it a day. N51 needs the ridership anyway add weekend service for summers only send to jones beach it will be a hit.

cause it duplicates N32/31 thats why. Again let N17 become an express version of N15 to deal with crowds to long beach and help with service levels south of rockville centre. This will cut down wait and travel times for folks heading to hempstead from long beach and may take a load off the N15 in a sense.

funny no one will use it that's what the LIRR/N88 is for. Let other lines like N40 if you want a hempstead to JB line your better off extending N41/40

1. I want the N17 to run on the same street as the N16 from Hempstead Terminal to Rockville Centre via Franklin Street, which becomes Hempstead Avenue after the street goes over the Southern State Parkway. I wasn't talking about the Hempstead Avenue that the N31/N32 uses to go to Far Rockaway.

2. I have doubts about sending the N40 and N41 to Jones Beach. That will just make both routes packed from Hempstead to Freeport.

1. I want the N17 to run on the same street as the N16 from Hempstead Terminal to Rockville Centre via Franklin Street, which becomes Hempstead Avenue after the street goes over the Southern State Parkway. I wasn't talking about the Hempstead Avenue that the N31/N32 uses to go to Far Rockaway.

2. I have doubts about sending the N40 and N41 to Jones Beach. That will just make both routes packed from Hempstead to Freeport.

The n17 was revived because of service to the Mercy Medical Center. The n17 could be extended to serve as a limited version of the n15 south of Rockville Centre

2. The n88 should just have 15 minute headways.

Saying the n40/41 Jones Beach is like saying extending the n36 there as well. I would be in favor of a n36 Extention because it's ridership is horrible. A summer Extention can help. However buses should run 15 minute during peak periods on the weekend and 24 off peak, which is more frequent than the n88. Also the n36 would have summer Sunday service as well. Although the n36 is horrible weekdays from what I have seen

(I.e Empty buses leaving from Freeport). It doesn't need to be slashed off peak. During weekday off peak periods, ridership has risen by a bit since the n62 Guy Lombardo Loop was discontinued off peak. Also it has had more people on since the 2010 cuts of MTA LIB since the n65/n66 was cut. All I think is a n36 to Jones Beach, and it actually saves money. The cost per rider on the n36 goes down because more people will take it. However, it will cost more overall if it were to have Sunday Service in the Summer, like the S92 and 10C do in Suffolk. It can attract people actually. Since the n88 will not be around, the money used on the n88 can be transferred to make an n87 as many suggested. Easy solution to n87 revival. N88 dicontinued and replaced with an extended n36, and the n36 cost per rider goes down, leaving the extra money saved from the 36 and the 88 to fund a revival of the n87

The n17 was revived because of service to the Mercy Medical Center. The n17 could be extended to serve as a limited version of the n15 south of Rockville Centre

Saying the n40/41 Jones Beach is like saying extending the n36 there as well. I would be in favor of a n36 Extention because it's ridership is horrible. A summer Extention can help. However buses should run 15 minute during peak periods on the weekend and 24 off peak, which is more frequent than the n88. Also the n36 would have summer Sunday service as well. Although the n36 is horrible weekdays from what I have seen

(I.e Empty buses leaving from Freeport). It doesn't need to be slashed off peak. During weekday off peak periods, ridership has risen by a bit since the n62 Guy Lombardo Loop was discontinued off peak. Also it has had more people on since the 2010 cuts of MTA LIB since the n65/n66 was cut. All I think is a n36 to Jones Beach, and it actually saves money. The cost per rider on the n36 goes down because more people will take it. However, it will cost more overall if it were to have Sunday Service in the Summer, like the S92 and 10C do in Suffolk. It can attract people actually. Since the n88 will not be around, the money used on the n88 can be transferred to make an n87 as many suggested. Easy solution to n87 revival. N88 dicontinued and replaced with an extended n36, and the n36 cost per rider goes down, leaving the extra money saved from the 36 and the 88 to fund a revival of the n87

you make a good point it's a much better idea than a jamacia to jones beach line NOONE will use. But N36 instead try 30 min N36 to jones beach on weekdays then weekends N88/36 to jones beach to deal with crowds. N87 is a waste of money I will say it till I am blue in the face extend N51,74/73 add weekend service 7 day service for summers already submitted that to NICE so yeah what action did any of you take huh?

Or you could just extend the N73 instead, since it doesn't get much ridership anyway. It screws up the interlining with the N79, but there's other ways to interline the routes. If you need more frequent service, you could bring back the N74 as well.

VMM I have a better idea extend N51 & 74/73 to jones beach N74/73 onward to long beach done thats it let N74/73 become new N87. JB24 =FAIL N51 needs jones beach more. no one with a shread of sanity will use a bus from jamacia to jones beach its called LIRR N88

Lines west of Baldwin don't need to go to long beach.

I will agree with qj (surprising, i know right) on part of his 73/74 idea to extend the 73/74 to Jones Beach on Weekends Only and only on every other trip. If ridership increases, service can be increased. And a bus to Jones Beach from Jamaica could work out if you do it right. I would run it from 165th, pick up local until the city line, go non-stop to RF, then non-stop to Hempstead, then get on the Meadowbrook, and zoom down to the beach.

I will agree with qj (surprising, i know right) on part of his 73/74 idea to extend the 73/74 to Jones Beach on Weekends Only and only on every other trip. If ridership increases, service can be increased. And a bus to Jones Beach from Jamaica could work out if you do it right. I would run it from 165th, pick up local until the city line, go non-stop to RF, then non-stop to Hempstead, then get on the Meadowbrook, and zoom down to the beach.

The N74 runs weekdays only (I think it's rush hours only now). But yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with extending the span and sending it to Jones Beach.

The N74 runs weekdays only (I think it's rush hours only now). But yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with extending the span and sending it to Jones Beach.

I don't have a problem with that. Long Beach is not OK from Wantagh. No one will ride it to pay to get on the bus then pay again to get onto the beach.

no matter what you do the JB24 will FAIL the trip just isnt worth it it is wasteful. The reason for N74/73 to long beach is to stimulate ridership and links with lido beach and traffic mitigation. off season it bypasses jones beach. This will collectively interline with busy LB routes to create an even flow of buses. crosstown N50 centennial it adds up my ideas must be used together

2things that make JB24 USELESS again buses cannot I repeat CANNOT safly use the meadowbrook north of sunrise what point do you not get? 2 NOBODY will use a bus from jamacia to jones beach from roosevelt if you want jones beach so badly extend N51. go ahead run a bus on the meadowbrook it would crash and burn literally you know any buses with heights below 8 feet?

no matter what you do the JB24 will FAIL the trip just isnt worth it it is wasteful. The reason for N74/73 to long beach is to stimulate ridership and links with lido beach and traffic mitigation. off season it bypasses jones beach. This will collectively interline with busy LB routes to create an even flow of buses. crosstown N50 centennial it adds up my ideas must be used together

I NEVER PROMOTED THE JB24.

I WAS JUST SAYING IT EXISTED.

The N73/74 to Long Beach and the N50 crosstown to who knows where are unneeded. Just extend the 73/74 to JB and the 51 to JB to attract N87 ridership and new ridership.

Archived