Huff Post: One Million Moms Attacks JCPenney Over Ad With Lesbian Mothers.

"I don't know whether to be sad, angry, or amused. The group who calls themselves One Million Moms, despite comprising only 40,000 members or so, is after JCPenney again, this time because of their

recent May mailer

, which includes a photo of a lesbian couple with their two daughters.

They feel as if this means JCPenney is somehow taking sides, and they want them to take a "neutral stand." What would those sides be, exactly? Anti-gay vs. pro-gay? Right-wing vs. left-wing? Christian vs. otherwise? What these women are missing is that JCPenney is taking a "neutral" stand.

"JC Penney has laid low in the month of April by airing two different commercials that portrayed them as remaining neutral in the cultural war," OMM

says on their site. In other words, JCPenney did not air ads showing any same-sex couples. And what "cultural war"? You mean the one you're waging for no reason other than homophobia?"

Homosexuality has been documented in over 1,500 species so far and it's been speculated that it occurs universally in all animals; so it is in fact a large part of nature. So I would say that homophobia is irrational. Let's go one further though "Gephyrophobia" is the fear of bridges. By your logic, this documented mental condition isn't actually a phobia: Bridges go against nature so it only makes sense that ponies would be uncomfortable with such a structure.

Homosexuality has been documented in over 1,500 species so far and it's been speculated that it occurs universally in all animals; so it is in fact a large part of nature. So I would say that homophobia is irrational. Let's go one further though "Gephyrophobia" is the fear of bridges. By your logic, this documented mental condition isn't actually a phobia: Bridges go against nature so it only makes sense that ponies would be uncomfortable with such a structure.

Death and violence are also part of nature. Just going to point that out.

I think JCPenney is doing nothing wrong, they are simply helping out the LGBT community, these moms who are anti-LGBT should go sit down and shut up. They can't make a company's decision and a company's viewpoint on Gay and Lesbians, I as a straight guy also support the LGBT community, like JCP and other companies and individuals alike.

Archived