What Profession Works Harder In A Shift?

CPBO

CPBO, you job description doesn't require you to run into burning buildings.

The simple risk of life and limb that your brother-in-law has hanging over his head on daily basis, I don't see how driving a bus back and forth can be considered harder. You don't put your neck on the line every day for complete strangers.

CPBO, you job description doesn't require you to run into burning buildings.

The simple risk of life and limb that your brother-in-law has hanging over his head on daily basis, I don't see how driving a bus back and forth can be considered harder. You don't put your neck on the line every day for complete strangers.

Ok so in his 24hrs he will watch tv for 3-4 hrs than he will get a call for a auto accident....they go to the scene....do what they gotta do....than it's back the fire house...to chill till another call comes in...some times it for just an hr or two...sometimes they go right back out....or it's another 3-4 hrs of chillen...now they get a call for a fire and they go....

for me....I am working my whole shift...dealing with people, traffic, street contruction, people running in front of cars that are pulling into gas station and stop all of a sudden so they don't hit the people running in front of them...(I almost blasted this truck...and when the lady came to the bus with her kids I gave her a yelling) oops side track....I have to have 8 heads all the time....I think my job is the more stressfull and I work harder....

maybe I don't go into burning buildings ........but my job I save lives all day long!!!

Car doors open...I have to see this before it happens....that is why we try to drive with 4 feet spacing....I could go on and on for my case....but hey I just wanted to hear from you all what you think......

Shout out to all that said what's up!!....back at ya

And everyday I go to work it could be my last....I could get stabbed, shot, in a car accident......etc....

Those are hypothetical situations. He can, and has to face a life threatening situation if it comes to him. Quite frankly, you can just jump out of the drivers window of your bus & run...

Both have much psychological stress. Thou I'd have to go with bus operators.

An average firefighter spends most of his/ her day in the fire house, waiting for a call. Ntm many of the calls are auto accidents.

An average bus operators spends most of his/her time on the road. Having to deal with traffic, loud disrespectful high school teens, let's throw in the crazy West Indian van drivers if one is working along Utica or Flatbush, etc.

Can you even compare the two? One's expertise is in transportation, the other in disasters. That's like comparing a busboy to a cop. Sure, they both come with their stressful situations, but you really can't compare them.

I did also say architects and engineers. They have to make sure whatever they do doesn't fail, they work long hours, they are at construction sites even at night, they don't get enough time to sleep, they have to work a lot of math and physics which isn't easy for everyone, their licensing tests aren't easy, and they have to travel.

EMTs and Paramedics. Firemen get to spend their down time (which is a majority of their time) in nice cozy quarters. EMTs and Paramedics in NYC get to spend it in the front seat of their ambulance, parked on a street corner somewhere.

There's a lot more, but I don't feel like going on a rant.

Archived