So upset

rfortyslant

Yep I remember growing up used to have to go downtown via my (6) line to the (F) and waiting at Broadway-Lafayette always watching the slants on that (B)ravo going by hoping to ride one sometime when the time was right...

So Needless to say first time I went to Coney as a Kid I Picked the (B)ravo as the way to get there, that was back in the "(B) via west end" days..then on the way back the slant set on the (N)ovember sitting in STL had to take that too of course...being a kid, those were the first cars I could look out front with out the aid of a parent...always liked the way they ran and the sleek design myself though

That said I see why they need to go, but I'm still going to MISS them...

And unconfirmed from a source, the set that might be saved for the museum might be 4192-4193, same set that was on display when the Arnines were out to Stretch their legs back around Christmas time...but I wouldn't expect it to be on display any time soon...of course that could change but just passing along "the word"...

Also R44's are slated for SMS not a GOH, just thought I'd clear that up..

I had bad experiences with the slants. Back in 1996 a packed (L) train I was on was taking off from New Lots, right as we hit ground level, we hit a dog hard!!! It made me fly halfway across the car. Just a few months ago, I was on a R40 (Q) train and got stuck between the slant end while riding over the MannyB.

But it ain't all bad, I had my first kiss on a R40 (N) train and I met Giovanna, the girl of my dreams on the (W) when it still had R40s.

I had bad experiences with the slants. Back in 1996 a packed (L) train I was on was taking off from New Lots, right as we hit ground level, we hit a dog hard!!! It made me fly halfway across the car. Just a few months ago, I was on a R40 (Q) train and got stuck between the slant end while riding over the MannyB.

But it ain't all bad, I had my first kiss on a R40 (N) train and I met Giovanna, the girl of my dreams on the (W) when it still had R40s.

Suck between cars going over that bridge would be a bit of a thrill ride.

- Andy

I was on a R40 (Q) train and got stuck between the slant end while riding over the MannyB.
PWNT!

I hope when the R40s go, they will keep the R40M running on the (B), I hate 68s. Stupid 68s. :mad:

I will maybe railfan the (B) next week and catch R40 Slants and R40M's and maybe R68/R68A's

I'm going to do that after lunch at whole foods columbus circle, and before that, staten island ferry!!!!

- Andy

Railfanning the R40 slant cars was the best part of riding those Slanted cars on the (B)(N)(Q) and (W). Try to ride in front of the (B) R40 slant train from Harlem to Brighton Beach. That rail fanning experience is sick! Too bad that is the last year that the R40 slants will be around.

I don't know if the R40 slants are still on the (W), all I've seen is a few R160B's and R68A's on the (W). Darn. :mad:

Railfanning the R40 slant cars was the best part of riding those Slanted cars on the (B)(N)(Q) and (W). Try to ride in front of the (B) R40 slant train from Harlem to Brighton Beach. That rail fanning experience is sick! Too bad that is the last year that the R40 slants will be around.

I don't know if the R40 slants are still on the (W), all I've seen is a few R160B's and R68A's on the (W). Darn. :mad:

correct that R40 Slants are running on the (N)(W) if there is a real emergency. and R68 and R68A run on the (W). you can spot R160A on the (W) doing transfer runs of the (N) and (W)

correct that R40 Slants are running on the (N)(W) if there is a real emergency. and R68 and R68A run on the (W). you can spot R160A on the (W) doing transfer runs of the (N) and (W)

Most R160A's are on the (L) and (M). The (N) only has one 10 car set of R160A's numbered 8653-8662. Alstom makes the R160A's. The R160B's numbered 8713 and going into the 9000's. R160B's have appeared on the (W) since June of this year.

R160A's run on (L)(M) and one set on (N)

R160B's run on (N) and (W).

Most R160A's are on the (L) and (M). The (N) only has one 10 car set of R160A's numbered 8653-8662. Alstom makes the R160A's. The R160B's numbered 8713 and going into the 9000's. R160B's have appeared on the (W) since June of this year.

R160A's run on (L)(M) and one set on (N)

R160B's run on (N) and (W).

as i posted in my own thread, people on subchat are saying that there is a R160B starting at 57th st. at 6am on july 14. do u believe that. here is the link.

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=647298

Suck between cars going over that bridge would be a bit of a thrill ride.

- Andy

Its great on the arnines!

as i posted in my own thread, people on subchat are saying that there is a R160B starting at 57th st. at 6am on july 14. do u believe that. here is the link.

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=647298

Can't believe you fell for that and posting all over here left to right.....

Fair enough! Keep the 160s away from my 68/68A (Q)uincies... or is it (Q)uincy's? oh well.... B)

If the R160B or R160A run on the (Q) some R68 and R68A cars may be displaced and run on the (B) mostly. The (Q) will still have some R68A cars running. I don't see the (Q) using an all R160B fleet anytime soon.B)

Archived