120 Protesters Demand B64 Restoration in Bath Beach

BrooklynBus

1) Oh boy... <_< I wonder if they'll still be "big shots" when you want their help. The only big shot was McMahon and we voted him out. I made sure I went and voted to ensure that he was ousted.

2) Sorry, but no one is into the (MTA) like that except for you... :lol:

3) You said convenient... Tell me how one would conveniently get from West Brighton to Eltingville "conveniently" on the weekends if they live near Manor Road and Forest Avenue. Didn't think so. <_<

1) Let's see. Some of them couldn't even be bothered to show up to the meeting in person. They had their representative cut in front of all their constituents and then they couldn't even stay for the whole meeting. So yeah, if they do that, they're a big shot.

2) Well, the MTA should've publicized that it was possible to get a transcript so people weren't under the impression that they had to show up right on time.

3) Yes, because they're already beyond the guidelines. When the S54 runs on weekdays, they're within the guidelines and the trip is fairly easy.

But now that I think about it, you said Forest & Manor, which means they could take the S48 to the S59.

3) Yes, because they're already beyond the guidelines. When the S54 runs on weekdays, they're within the guidelines and the trip is fairly easy.

But now that I think about it, you said Forest & Manor, which means they could take the S48 to the S59.

I said near... Depending on where they are that could require a long walk to the S48, then a transfer to the S59...

They wouldn't be if they had the S54 now would they? <_< What should happen is folks in other communities should make a stink like the B64 folks have.

Uh, and the last time I checked, didn't I say they should strengthen it and bring it back.

In any case, you haven't answered my question, which was "Which areas have service within the guidelines that are in need of more service in terms of coverage"?

Uh, and the last time I checked, didn't I say they should strengthen it and bring it back.

In any case, you haven't answered my question, which was "Which areas have service within the guidelines that are in need of more service in terms of coverage"?

I just gave you an example... What is this like the third inquisition?? <_< And the B4 would be another.... I don't care what guidelines they have there. It is ridiculous to have to take two bloody buses just to get to the subway. Are they giving a free transfer for folks that live in Sheepshead Bay that don't have the B4 and have to make an additional transfer via the B44 to the B36?? For that matter, the same is true with the B64.

I just gave you an example... What is this like the third inquisition?? <_< And the B4 would be another.... I don't care what guidelines they have there. It is ridiculous to have to take two bloody buses just to get to the subway. Are they giving a free transfer for folks that live in Sheepshead Bay that don't have the B4 and have to make an additional transfer via the B44 to the B36?? For that matter, the same is true with the B64.

No because I said it had to be where the people are within the guidelines. On the weekends, the people on the S54 are beyond the guidelines.

As for the B4, they're still beyond the guidelines because the B44 doesn't provide east-west service. And aside from that, if you live along Emmons Avenue, you have to walk between 1/2 & 3/4 of a mile ("Unless you can fly" as BrooklynBus said) to access the B36.

No because I said it had to be where the people are within the guidelines. On the weekends, the people on the S54 are beyond the guidelines.

As for the B4, they're still beyond the guidelines because the B44 doesn't provide east-west service. And aside from that, if you live along Emmons Avenue, you have to walk between 1/2 & 3/4 of a mile ("Unless you can fly" as BrooklynBus said) to access the B36.

So you still didn't answer the question... Is the (MTA) giving an extra transfer to the subway in these instances seeing that the B4 and B64 truncation means one has to either walk or take two buses to get to the subway?

So you still didn't answer the question... Is the (MTA) giving an extra transfer to the subway in these instances seeing that the B4 and B64 truncation means one has to either walk or take two buses to get to the subway?

And you haven't answered my question.

And no, they're not giving an extra transfer, and I never said I agreed with the policy of not giving extra transfers. All I said is that I agree with the guidelines which have nothing to do with transfers or anything like that. It's just that in this case, they're violating their own guidelines.

And you haven't answered my question.

And no, they're not giving an extra transfer, and I never said I agreed with the policy of not giving extra transfers. All I said is that I agree with the guidelines which have nothing to do with transfers or anything like that. It's just that in this case, they're violating their own guidelines.

I already answered it... What more do you want??

No, I said give me an example where the people are within the guidelines and in need of more service. Those people were beyond the guidelines.

And what would be the point of that? We were talking about the B64 which is what this thread is about, which is NOT within the guidelines.

I will say that the B64 actually was somewhat useful prior to June 2010 since it only took about 30 minutes to complete it's trip, but it should at least be restored back down to Coney Island.

Well, definitely. I don't think anybody's denying that it should be extended back to Coney Island. The current swap with the B1 is what's really debatable. I definitely see the need for a Bay Ridge (southern part)-Coney Island route.

Approximately 50 of the demonstrators were Local 100 members.

They don't count because they're not displaced fare-paying passengers. Of the remaining 70, how many were displaced fare-paying passengers and how many were politicians, paid shills, or relatives of the 50 bus drivers?

They don't count because they're not displaced fare-paying passengers. Of the remaining 70, how many were displaced fare-paying passengers and how many were politicians, paid shills, or relatives of the 50 bus drivers?

Your thought of them "not counting" for whatever reasons you put up is ridiculous! The fifty bus operators have just as powerful of a voice as the other seventy people. If they've driven the route long enough, then they can notice the effects of the B64 truncating to Bath Beach. Just before the cuts, I talked with three to five bus operators regarding the B64 truncation, and they each called it a major mistake. Its truncation was one of the MTA's worst cuts because the segment to and fro Coney Island was a major lifeline for the bus route. Those bus operators have just as big a voice as the passengers and politicians because chances are they've driven the B64 and have eyewitnessed the consequences of the MTA's cuts in southwestern Brooklyn.

What does it matter who they were? They cared enough to show up because they felt it was an important issue. Is your assumption that every displaced fare paying person should show up? And if only 30 or 50 were displaced fare-paying passengers showed up, does that mean that only 30 or 50 were affected? How ridiculous? Did everyone who was against the Vietnam War show up at demonstrations? What about those who needed the B64 to get to Ulmer Park which doesn't run anymore and they couldn't walk to the B82? How were they supposed to get there?

Archived