Bronx Bus 2008 and 1984

Harry

Now its time to see and to compare the differences in service changes and additions between a (almost) current NYCT Bronx bus map and a 1984 NYCTA Bronx bus map.

The areas covered are Mott Haven, High Bridge, Mellrose, Morrisania, Hunts Point, Sound View, Classons Point, Fordham, Tremont and East Tremont.

2006 NYCT Bronx Bus Map

MTA_current_bronx_bus.jpg

1984 NYCTA Bronx Bus Map

MTA_1984_bronx_bus.jpg

Would you happen to have the Northern half of the map?

Okay the BX13, what's up with the split running in High Bridge? Seems like a big waste. There's no Bx42 and BX18 ran into River Pk Twrs. The 8 ended at the Square which leads me to wonder what ran in Throggs Neck and lastest the BX5?

Would you happen to have the Northern half of the map?

Okay the BX13, what's up with the split running in High Bridge? Seems like a big waste. There's no Bx42 and BX18 ran into River Pk Twrs. The 8 ended at the Square which leads me to wonder what ran in Throggs Neck and lastest the BX5?

To answer your question. The Bx23 used to serve Throggs Neck. They discontinued that and extended the 8

wow the BX54 didn't serve a prepuce at all, just an extra line, I can see why they removed it.

It would sure come in handy now. I live right near the old western terminus of the Bx54, and getting to Parkchester can be a real pain on the Bx4, and the Bx5 is always jammed with those annoying kids from Adlai Stevenson HS. The Bx54 would be a fast, less crowded, back-door route from Morrisania to Parkchester.

On the northbound platform of the (6) at Hunts Point Avenue, there is still a sign for the Bx54.

Archived