X28 "Restoration" update

Via Garibaldi 8

Not necessarily. There are plenty of people that give contributions to politicians for the community and programs and such. Your statement about people just using the bus to get to the subway is just as ignorant as the statements folks made about the X90. It isn't as easy as you think it is. Furthermore, currently the X28 is NOT running on weekends and will not until monies can be allocated for it, so your point is moot. That is why the compromise was made for the X17 to make the stop at 7th & 86th.

If anything, maybe you should be advocating for your lazy representatives to get funding for the X90 instead of ranting about what other communities are trying to do to improve their transportation. That's the real issue here. You're SO concerned about waste, but you weren't concerned when you had the X90 running like water... Yeah right.

FOR THE LAST TIME this has nothing to do with the X90. You're not addressing any of my points, but rather just using this X90 thing and stuff I've said 2 years ago to try and prove my points invalid, which isn't working.

But getting back to the topic on hand. So you're saying that there are private individuals who donated money that they know will go towards restoring weekend service on the X28? If the entirety of the funds are provided by donations and absolutely no tax payer money, then by all means go ahead.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOR THE LAST TIME this has nothing to do with the X90. You're not addressing any of my points, but rather just using this X90 thing and stuff I've said 2 years ago to try and prove my points invalid, which isn't working.

But getting back to the topic on hand. So you're saying that there are private individuals who donated money that they know will go towards restoring weekend service on the X28? If the entirety of the funds are provided by donations and absolutely no tax payer money, then by all means go ahead.

Oh I'd beg to differ, but let's put that aside since you insist... When one donates money it can go to whatever the community needs. Haven't you see the amount of money collected by Obama and Romney? In any event, you should also notice that Senator Golden has only focused on restoring service to the communities that he directly serves which is all of the X27 in Bay Ridge and only Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst and Bath Beach for the X28 and that's because he finds a way to see that the monies are there for the service.

Ok, if it's using strictly only money that was willfully donated and no tax payer money, then I have no objections.

When you kept saying it was coming out of his budget, I thought you meant that he was using money directly from the government and not from the MTA, which would both still be tax payer money.

Here's the ridership statistics for Saturday express bus usage:

BM1: 9.3 riders per bus, 24 buses, 224 riders

BM2: 8.9 riders per bus, 24 buses, 214 riders

BM3: 10.1 riders per bus, 24 buses, 242 riders

BM4: 3.9 riders per bus, 20 buses, 78 riders

BM5: 5.2 riders per bus, 17 buses, 88 riders

I know that, but the BM1 does way better and provides service that more riders took than other lines. Besides Brooklyn has a damned coverage system anyway. Sunday express bus service can be greatly appreciated.

Here's the ridership statistics for Saturday express bus usage:

BM1: 9.3 riders per bus, 24 buses, 224 riders

BM2: 8.9 riders per bus, 24 buses, 214 riders

BM3: 10.1 riders per bus, 24 buses, 242 riders

BM4: 3.9 riders per bus, 20 buses, 78 riders

BM5: 5.2 riders per bus, 17 buses, 88 riders

NO WAY!!! BM3 has more ppl than BM1 HOW??!! BM3 is a bit redundant to the (Q). Was this when the (B) was screwed up?

BM1 :1,470 riders, BM2 :1,051 riders

BM3 :1,104 riders

BM4 : 802 riders BM5 : 597 riders

Currently this is weekday stats on the BM routes

Sadly I had a feeling BM5 had less but then again only a few mid low income ppl will try express bus but BM5 has later service from manhattan than BM4. No surprise BM1 has the most as its more isolated than any other.

Sorry but the service is needed for network coverage. To put things in perspective, the X27 and X28 have the highest ridership of all express buses in the MTA New York City Transit system after the X1, X17 and X10, coming in at 4th and 5th respectively. Many seniors rely on those buses and not having them created a hardship not only for them but for the entire community. Senator Golden and I along with the affected communities understand the importance of maintaining express bus service for Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst and Bath Beach and thus we've been vocal in keeping the service unlike your fellow express bus riders in Yorkville/Upper East Side.

As many others have already stated, the X27 and especially X28 are not needed for network coverage. There are local buses connecting with the subway.

There are seniors in every part of the city, but most neighborhoods don't have express bus service.

Look, just restore everyone's damn service. We all want that right? But there's an object that is in short supply: money. Some people can't get that..

Don't you understand? Express bus riders are more important than those stinky subway and local bus riders. Express buses should have priority over all!

Oh we get it and as I've said now SEVERAL times, the weekend service provided for the X27 and X28 CAME FROM SENATOR GOLDEN'S OWN BUDGET! If a community wants to run service and their representative wants to allocate the funding for it then that's their right. That's my point. Therefore there is no mooching going on.

If Senator Golden were offering to pay for the X28, then the MTA would gladly take the money and run the X28. But Senator Golden is not currently offering to pay for the X28, which is why it isn't coming back on weekends.

Be happy with your X27 and X17.

If Senator Golden were offering to pay for the X28, then the MTA would gladly take the money and run the X28. But Senator Golden is not currently offering to pay for the X28, which is why it isn't coming back on weekends.

Be happy with your X27 and X17.

And that's what I stated before. No need to repeat what I stated earlier. When the monies are available to allocated funds to run the X28 again it will be done, as he has done in the past.

Archived