X28 "Restoration" update

Via Garibaldi 8

Well like I said, we won the fight because we have the X17 stopping there for now in the near future. Bringing the X28 back down the road on weekends is still the ultimate goal though and we feel that when the economy improves ridership will improve as well. As for the X12, I would tend to disagree with you. Many X12 riders use the X10 so if the X12 was extended it would see some usage. FYI, it runs outside of rush hours and the last bus is usually packed (20:00 bus). I know because it was my late bus when the X30 and X14 stopped running.

As for your claims of wanting the X27 back I don't buy it. In previous threads you complained about why Bay Ridge and other affluent areas of Southern Brooklyn like Dyker Heights needed express bus service all because your X90 was cut. Sorry but I didn't forget. As much as I support bringing back the X90, the if I can't have my express bus service no one else can attitude doesn't fly with me.

I didn't have the ridership statistics at the time, and i was comparing the X27 and X90 because they both served a residential streets that were both about equally as far from the subway as each other. But even so, my past comments that I made a year ago shouldn't matter at all, and anyways they weren't about the X28 from what I remember, only the X27.

And why do you keep dodging the fact that RIDERSHIP STATISTICS PROVE THAT BARELY ANYONE USED THE X28. Why do you fail to recognize this and keep advocating for X28 service back with expanded hours?? It doesn't make any sense to me.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't have the ridership statistics at the time, and i was comparing the X27 and X90 because they both served a residential streets that were both about equally as far from the subway as each other. But even so, my past comments that I made a year ago shouldn't matter at all, and anyways they weren't about the X28 from what I remember, only the X27.

And why do you keep dodging the fact that RIDERSHIP STATISTICS PROVE THAT BARELY ANYONE USED THE X28. Why do you fail to recognize this and keep advocating for X28 service back with expanded hours?? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Cause he lacks reason when it comes to express buses. Same BS I deal with in NICE forums sad no shred of reasoning at all. It's better to not bother arguing about X28 everyone with a shred of sense knows X28 does not need weekend service.

*Ding ding! Here comes Wrestlemania 100 between Gorgor and VG8! I can the steam coming from VG8 already lol on his precious express bus. He makes former NYCTF member Forest Glen seem rational on express buses. Taking out the popcorn and step aside. :o:D

Actually good job QJ with your points! However be prepared for Hurricane VG8 when he explodes on need to run the X27/28 6am-midnight 6 days a week.

Network coverage is complete crap if no one is using it it doesn't need to run plain and simple. X27 is used X28 isn't get over it it's useless. If a bus only has on average 5 riders per bus it does not need to run get that through your head the women argument is utter CRAP.

Unlike X28 on weekends ppl actually use BXM lines like BXM2. However before any change is made to express bus service all express lines that don't go to SI need to be shown on the subway map as thin lines to increase visibility. Then let the ridership speak for itself. However I might have a compromise extend X27 on weekends and off peak via the belt to make stops at cropsey canal then non stop to emmonds making some BM3 stops up on batchelder or knapp to back roads to garritsen beach ppl will be allowed to travel between sheepshead and bay ridge on it. but the (N) does that to an extent.

BULL I used to use X28 on weekends it's useless barely anybody on it get real women who refuse to use the subway are beyond PATHETIC I laugh in their face for such a stupid logic seniors I can understand women have no excuse the subway is safe However some lines like BM1 are nowhere near the subway and do in fact need more service even at the cost of services ppl do not use will not mention lines you know. In queens QM18 HA HA HA plz (E) is WAY FASTER QM18= useless I barely see ppl on it. Q10 LTD ain't exactly helping the QM18's case.

Err no not the X12 because it mimics X10's Manhattan routing and is a bit close to X10. If you were to add weekend service to any route it should be X42 cause then midtown riders get a faster trip as for former X28 folk midtown service is better than no service reaching downtown has too many alternatives S79 to X1 yes some ppl do it. But I do think X17 can handle it but I would prefer the X42 those looking for downtown will transfer to X1 at fingerboard from X42. But I would let X17 and X42 serve bay ridge at the same time to allow transfers between the 2 lines. Prevosts are needed on X17 plz mta.

I'm not dodging anything. The fact remains that we have the X17 serving 7th & 86th on weekends and DOWN THE ROAD we'll look to restore the X28 when the economy improves, which could be years from now. That makes perfect sense and sounds quite reasonable.

I'm not dodging anything. The fact remains that we have the X17 serving 7th & 86th on weekends and DOWN THE ROAD we'll look to restore the X28 when the economy improves, which could be years from now. That makes perfect sense and sounds quite reasonable.

So it makes sense that as soon as we get extra money we should just go all out and completely waste it on not only bringing back a service that nobody used, but increase the service hours so that there's an even bigger window of time where nobody uses it? I'm pretty sure that almost everyone will agree that it would be much better to put that money to work in bringing back certain rush hour only express buses that had much higher passenger-per-bus ratios than that of the X28 on weekends. Buses such as the X29 and X51 definitely carried more riders than a weekend X28.

So it makes sense that as soon as we get extra money we should just go all out and completely waste it on not only bringing back a service that nobody used, but increase the service hours so that there's an even bigger window of time where nobody uses it? I'm pretty sure that almost everyone will agree that it would be much better to put that money to work in bringing back certain rush hour only express buses that had much higher passenger-per-bus ratios than that of the X28 on weekends. Buses such as the X29 and X51 definitely carried more riders than a weekend X28.

Uh excuse me, but we'll be able to determine how useful the X28 will be on weekends by the usage it gets with the X17, so your point is moot.

Uh excuse me, but we'll be able to determine how useful the X28 will be on weekends by the usage it gets with the X17, so your point is moot.

We already have ridership statistics from when the X28 previously operated. That's the whole reason why it was canned: low ridership.

We already have ridership statistics from when the X28 previously operated. That's the whole reason why it was canned: low ridership.

Yeah and it's funny that the MTA wants to restore it... Perhaps that's because they realize it is needed and those numbers you have don't tell the entire story. Furthermore for all of your ******* about monies being spent for the service, Senator Golden has allocated monies from his own budget to have the X27 and X28 run on weekends in the past, so this nonsense about "wasting money" is just that. Unlike your community which got X90 service at the sake of other services, these communities don't mooch off of other communities for their service. Now suddenly you care so much about express bus service in the outer boroughs?? Yeah right. You're not going to get out of this one buddy. If you're going to slam our efforts to get express bus service back I'm going to pull out all of the stops on you.

Yeah and it's funny that the MTA wants to restore it... Perhaps that's because they realize it is needed and those numbers you have don't tell the entire story. Furthermore for all of your ******* about monies being spent for the service, Senator Golden has allocated monies from his own budget to have the X27 and X28 run on weekends in the past, so this nonsense about "wasting money" is just that. Unlike your community which got X90 service at the sake of other services, these communities don't mooch off of other communities for their service. Now suddenly you care so much about express bus service in the outer boroughs?? Yeah right. You're not going to get out of this one buddy. If you're going to slam our efforts to get express bus service back I'm going to pull out all of the stops on you.

How many times have I said that this is not about the X90 at all? Furthermore, I'm going off of ridership statistics that prove that rush hour express buses in the outerboroughs that were cut carried more people than weekend X28 buses. I'm not advocating restoring service to those; I'm saying that if the MTA acquired extra money then it would be better to restore service on those routes than provide weekend service to people who practically don't even use it.

And I wouldn't call adding an X17 stop "restoring" service, but I AM COMPLETELY SUPPORTIVE OF THE DECISION. I think that an extra stop there is a perfect compromise.

And mooching off of other communities? So basically you can say that your entire Riverdale community and every single other community is mooching off of the communities that don't have express buses because express buses cost so much more to operate than the fare that they collect.

And mooching off of other communities? So basically you can say that your entire Riverdale community and every single other community is mooching off of the communities that don't have express buses because express buses cost so much more to operate than the fare that they collect.

LOL. We all know his next comment is going to be some BS about taxpayers and all that crap.

Well the profanity filter works...

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. :lol:

I just got a headache reading everything in this thread after my last post.....

So the main argument here is basically if the x28 should run on weekends, and if so, how often.......

I'll say this much.... right now, at best, it should run on saturdays; no worse than hourly headways & really no better than every 20 minutes.....

Brooklyn (meaning the x27/28 & the BM's) doesn't really need express service on sundays....

I just got a headache reading everything in this thread after my last post.....

So the main argument here is basically if the x28 should run on weekends, and if so, how often.......

I'll say this much.... right now, at best, it should run on saturdays; no worse than hourly headways & really no better than every 20 minutes.....

Brooklyn (meaning the x27/28 & the BM's) doesn't really need express service on sundays....

Brooklyn can use some express service on Sundays, for me it would be the X27 and the BM1

Brooklyn can use some express service on Sundays, for me it would be the X27 and the BM1

Here's the ridership statistics for Saturday express bus usage:

BM1: 9.3 riders per bus, 24 buses, 224 riders

BM2: 8.9 riders per bus, 24 buses, 214 riders

BM3: 10.1 riders per bus, 24 buses, 242 riders

BM4: 3.9 riders per bus, 20 buses, 78 riders

BM5: 5.2 riders per bus, 17 buses, 88 riders

How many times have I said that this is not about the X90 at all? Furthermore, I'm going off of ridership statistics that prove that rush hour express buses in the outerboroughs that were cut carried more people than weekend X28 buses. I'm not advocating restoring service to those; I'm saying that if the MTA acquired extra money then it would be better to restore service on those routes than provide weekend service to people who practically don't even use it.

And I wouldn't call adding an X17 stop "restoring" service, but I AM COMPLETELY SUPPORTIVE OF THE DECISION. I think that an extra stop there is a perfect compromise.

As was stated before Senator Golden has allocated monies from his own budget to run weekend service for the X27 and X28 so there is mooching going on. As for your other comment, well if you've got so much problems with it find the bloody money to provide alternatives! You want to provide cheaper services?? Okay I'm listening... The alternatives in many cases would be astronomical in cost and would not adequately suite the communities in question. Your community is a perfect example... Let's see how long it is going to take the build the (T) and how much it will cost AND if the project is even completed...

Uh-oh... community attacks? This will not end well... we already have these two express bus fanatics going at it...

Look, just restore everyone's damn service. We all want that right? But there's an object that is in short supply: money. Some people can't get that..

Uh-oh... community attacks? This will not end well... we already have these two express bus fanatics going at it...

Look, just restore everyone's damn service. We all want that right? But there's an object that is in short supply: money. Some people can't get that..

Oh we get it and as I've said now SEVERAL times, the weekend service provided for the X27 and X28 CAME FROM SENATOR GOLDEN'S OWN BUDGET! If a community wants to run service and their representative wants to allocate the funding for it then that's their right. That's my point. Therefore there is no mooching going on.

Oh we get it and as I've said now SEVERAL times, the weekend service provided for the X27 and X28 CAME FROM SENATOR GOLDEN'S OWN BUDGET! If a community wants to run service and their representative wants to allocate the funding for it then that's their right. That's my point. Therefore there is no mooching going on.

What the hell? I was making an objective statement... jesus...

What the hell? I was making an objective statement... jesus...

It's a moot point because you're saying we have to find the money for it and I'm saying if the community is paying it themselves then there is no point in making that point. That's the thing that is lost. You see buses running and automatically assume that it is coming from taxpayer dollars. Not always the case.

You keep saying that, but isn't that still tax payer's money? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying build an alternative, but people can just use the bus to get to the subway or to the X27. The X28 used to operate at a cost of $30 per passenger on weekends previously, which is just outrageous and should not go on.

You keep saying that, but isn't that still tax payer's money? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying build an alternative, but people can just use the bus to get to the subway or to the X27. The X28 used to operate at a cost of $30 per passenger on weekends previously, which is just outrageous and should not go on.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of people that give contributions to politicians for the community and programs and such. Your statement about people just using the bus to get to the subway is just as ignorant as the statements folks made about the X90. It isn't as easy as you think it is. Furthermore, currently the X28 is NOT running on weekends and will not until monies can be allocated for it, so your point is moot. That is why the compromise was made for the X17 to make the stop at 7th & 86th.

If anything, maybe you should be advocating for your lazy representatives to get funding for the X90 instead of ranting about what other communities are trying to do to improve their transportation. That's the real issue here. You're SO concerned about waste, but you weren't concerned when you had the X90 running like water... Yeah right.

Archived