Staten Island Bus Proposal Thread 2012-2013

FamousNYLover

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he is suggesting an S53 Limited.

That's correct... Problem is the (MTA) has not been doing much for the North Shore in terms of any bus service improvements of late, and with the useless politicians representing the North Shore it isn't shocking.  Debi Rose... Useless... Matthew Titone...   Useless... All Debi Rose does is placate to the black community and Matthew Titone is nowhere to be found.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

That's correct... Problem is the (MTA) has not been doing much for the North Shore in terms of any bus service improvements of late, and with the useless politicians representing the North Shore it isn't shocking.  Debi Rose... Useless... Matthew Titone...   Useless... All Debi Rose does is placate to the black community and Matthew Titone is nowhere to be found.

At least your "homeboy" is trying to turn things around out in S.I.

Jokes aside, it's better than just sitting back doing nothing.

Also, some changes are coming in April 2013 and they are north shore related although nothing major.

S40/S90 - extra PM rush hour service (10 to 9 minutes)

S44/S94 - AM peak (9 to 8 minutes) PM Peak (8 to 7 minutes) Late Afternoon Sunday (15 to 10 minutes)

S46 - AM peak (6 to 5.5 minutes) Midday (12 to 15 minutes) ---makes sense 12 minutes headways actually made it harder to catch the ferry and the buses bunch up often meaning 12+ minute waits anyway.

S48 - Late Morning and Evening Sunday (20 to 30 minutes) ---another change that makes it easier to catch the ferry.

Late Afternoon Sunday (20 to 15 minutes)

it doesn't matter cause it makes no sense anyway.

Yeah, you're one to talk about proposals that don't make sense. :rolleyes:

Funny how when I send it to Brooklyn, it's "borderline brilliant", but when I cut costs by sending it to St. George, now suddenly "it makes no sense". Comical shit, man. :lol:  And yet you still haven't told me exactly what "makes no sense". :rolleyes: Just because it doesn't fit well with your "master plan" to make a bunch of "regional rtes" doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

As I said before, new regional routes shouldn't be created by tacking on new portions to existing or new local routes. It works in some select situations but in most cases it just isn't practical to do so. I just wish some of these members would get that through their damn minds.

As I said before, new regional routes shouldn't be created by tacking on new portions to existing or new local routes. It works in some select situations but in most cases it just isn't practical to do so. I just wish some of these members would get that through their damn minds.

it would work on a few S50 series low ridership lines. they have nothing to lose.

Yeah, you're one to talk about proposals that don't make sense. :rolleyes:

Funny how when I send it to Brooklyn, it's "borderline brilliant", but when I cut costs by sending it to St. George, now suddenly "it makes no sense". Comical shit, man. :lol:  And yet you still haven't told me exactly what "makes no sense". :rolleyes: Just because it doesn't fit well with your "master plan" to make a bunch of "regional rtes" doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

your brooklyn idea was better.

Turbo19, could you tell us about the mass transit in Jurupa Valley, CA? &/or at least the bus services anyway.

I'm happy posters here are trying to improve things on/in/for Staten Island mass transit wise. checkmatechamp13 is actually doing alot on that front.

Yes he has. A great commendation from me to him.

And in regard to transit in Jurupa Valley, you can view and discuss in this newly created thread.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/39414-turbos-overview-of-transit-service-in-jurupa-valley-and-surrounding/

Technically it doesn't.  The S93 is not viewed by the (MTA) as the limited stop version of the S53  esp. since it only runs along the actual S53 route for a very short period of time.  

Technically, it is the limited-stop version. In the 2010 service reductions booklet, the S53/93 were listed together. They should be considered seperate routes, but they're not. The same thing with the S59/89.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

I know the S99, S83LTD, et al. are supposed to be part of North Shore improvements, but the MTA should really just get on with it already. The 53 needs its S83LTD supplement (every time I see the S53 the past two weeks it's bloody packed).

Edited by Culver

I know the S99, S83LTD, et al. are supposed to be part of North Shore improvements, but the MTA should really just get on with it already. The 53 needs its S83LTD supplement (every time I see the S53 the past two weeks it's bloody packed).

Yeah well MTA Bus said that the S53 has the S93 as a limited which is total BS.  I don't see how the S93 can be viewed as the S53's limited when it only serves a few stops that the S53 serves.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Yeah well MTA Bus said that the S53 has the S93 as a limited which is total BS.  I don't see how the S93 can be viewed as the S53's limited when it only serves a few stops that the S53 serves.

It's a ridiculous statement on their part, really.

A St. George to Bay Ridge route for the sake of having one, here it is (sorry if others have something like this, but this thread is 30+ pages...).

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202807188220210378870.0004d48e11746ef3900f0&msa=0

Would terminate across the street from the S93LTD as drop-off/layover only, then start its runs at the same stop on 86 St as where B1 starts. Not sure if anybody would actually use this, but I suppose less transfers and all might draw people. If the S79SBS, S53 and S93LTD are all packed in peak directions (both for S93LTD few times I've seen it) during rush hours, why not this shittle route.

BTW, I'm guessing if an S83LTD happened, it would share space with S93LTD, right? S53 being full time gets to keep its own space, right?

A St. George to Bay Ridge route for the sake of having one, here it is (sorry if others have something like this, but this thread is 30+ pages...).

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202807188220210378870.0004d48e11746ef3900f0&msa=0

Would terminate across the street from the S93LTD as drop-off/layover only, then start its runs at the same stop on 86 St as where B1 starts. Not sure if anybody would actually use this, but I suppose less transfers and all might draw people. If the S79SBS, S53 and S93LTD are all packed in peak directions (both for S93LTD few times I've seen it) during rush hours, why not this shittle route.

BTW, I'm guessing if an S83LTD happened, it would share space with S93LTD, right? S53 being full time gets to keep its own space, right?

I proposed extending both the S79 and S53 to 59th street, so I would have the S83 run to 59th street, eliminating the need for the (R) to (N) crap which is painfully slow.  You could have that St. George bus do the same thing.

I proposed extending both the S79 and S53 to 59th street, so I would have the S83 run to 59th street, eliminating the need for the (R) to (N) crap which is painfully slow.  You could have that St. George bus do the same thing.

Or we can have a SI route that skips bay ridge to 59th street directly!!! S66 to lutheran medical via 59th street. It can just reroute via S93's routing en rte to brooklyn but skip bay ridge S79 folks can transfer to it. Due to enhanced ridership service upgrades as well. S66 to the (N) no more (R) baby. Of course grymes hill S66 segment will be transferred to a brooklyn based line either B2 via ave P and bay to belt or new route to coney island via cropsey with LTD stops. 

I sincerely believe it is only a matter of time before the MTA introduces a true and much needed S53 limited route but let's hope they do it right. The original S83 plan had limited buses only in the peak rush hour direction and the most recent S53 busway plan does not mention a limited S53 at all, only that it will be extended to a "Mariner's Harbor Transit Center" of some sort. The best S53 limited would run at least 6 days a week and in both directions for the better half of the day.

Extending any of the staten island routes to 59th street would be nice but it would only make the lines more unreliable. I say instead maybe the MTA can introduce a 24/7 bus, preferably express between Atlantic Avenue-Barclay's Center and Staten Island.