McDonald's and Fast Food News Thread

Shortline Bus

The closest mcdonalds to you is the one over here on kings hwy? where around the 'ville do you live.... isn't there a McD's over there around pitkin/rockaway....

Then again, I can't blame you - I do things like that too (I'd be lying if I say I didn't).... Sometimes I go all the way to the white castle along QB around 46th, instead of the white castle over on empire/utica just for the shear hell of it.... their service is (far) better & the "homeboy" attitude the workers exude isn't apparent like the one over here.....

another WC I go to is that one on QB, around Queens center mall....

Yeah there's that one too but I only went there once, service is always slow and its not that big. I live right across the street from the 35 terminal

Yeah there's that one too but I only went there once, service is always slow and its not that big. I live right across the street from the 35 terminal

aight, gotcha....

of the 4 mcdonalds 'round me (kings hwy/church, utica/clarkson, nostrand/church, flatbush/snyder), yeah, the one on kings hwy is the most efficient..... the one on nostrand is the most expensive, and it's a tie b/w nostrand/church & flatbush/snyder for the absolute rudest hoodrats/cashiers..... while the service is good, only thing I don't like about the utica/clarkson one is you gotta watch ya back comin in & out of there....

there's another one on clarendon b/w kings hwy & ralph, but that one is in the middle of like nowhere.... the locale is just as odd as the BK on knapp st/av Y out in sheepshead....

aight, gotcha....

of the 4 mcdonalds 'round me (kings hwy/church, utica/clarkson, nostrand/church, flatbush/snyder), yeah, the one on kings hwy is the most efficient..... the one on nostrand is the most expensive, and it's a tie b/w nostrand/church & flatbush/snyder for the absolute rudest hoodrats/cashiers..... while the service is good, only thing I don't like about the utica/clarkson one is you gotta watch ya back comin in & out of there....

there's another one on clarendon b/w kings hwy & ralph, but that one is in the middle of like nowhere.... the locale is just as odd as the BK on knapp st/av Y out in sheepshead....

I think they closed that Burger King out there. Never understood why they put it there with the water treatment plant nearby and it always smells like shit over there.

aight, gotcha....

I think they closed that Burger King out there. Never understood why they put it there with the water treatment plant nearby and it always smells like shit over there.

Simple... You've got the movie theatre not too far away and plus there was a building nearby with all sorts of the games, so the idea was that folks would stream in from those two places.

- I don't have a problem w/ breakfast ending at 10am, but I suppose it could be extended to end at 11am, since ppl are still eating breakfast b/w 10-11am..... But I don't agree with expanding the breakfast hour to noon though; that's too late.....

- Serving breakfast & lunch 24/7 is overkill... I have to agree w/ a point Tokkemon & Via made earlier about stocking up on things.... It's inefficient for a restaurant of McDonalds' magnitude to start firing up burgers @ 8 in the morning & heating up pancakes @ 4 in the afternoon....

Being fair, Denny's is not serving as many customers as McDonalds. Mickey D's and these other fast food joints probably get more sales in 1 day than Denny's/Ihop and the other affordable family diners get in a week.

With that they can customer made their breakfast i.e pancakes, 2 strips of bacon and 1 small egg cooked or a hamburger platter whether it's at 2 am in morning or 2pm in afternoon.

IMO that why when i occaional a hamburger(mostly trying to eat healthy and home cook meals)hamburger only joints such as (5) guys in NY area/Northeast US or in Texas, Arizona and Southern Calif. "In & Out" Burgers are so popular. And IMO much fresher than the "Big 3" of Wendy's Burger King and Mickey D's.

http://www.fiveguys.com/

You may be right, now that I think about it.... don't remember seeing it, last time I was in that area...... Walking from gerritsen beach to the B44 is something I'm never doing again (at least, w/o a face mask anyway), I mean my god, it smells like ^@#$ out there along that part of knapp st !

Simple... You've got the movie theatre not too far away and plus there was a building nearby with all sorts of the games, so the idea was that folks would stream in from those two places.

I suppose, but wasn't that burger king there before the movie theatre & Funtime USA ?

(serious question)

Being fair, Denny's is not serving as many customers as McDonalds. Mickey D's and these other fast food joints probably get more sales in 1 day than Denny's/Ihop and the other affordable family diners get in a week.

http://www.fiveguys.com/

Well there you go....

...and yes, I know what five guys is.... lol.....

You may be right, now that I think about it.... don't remember seeing it, last time I was in that area...... Walking from gerritsen beach to the B44 is something I'm never doing again (at least, w/o a face mask anyway), I mean my god, it smells like ^@#$ out there along that part of knapp st !

Yeah they closed it, I was over there last night...still smells like shit over there

Breakfast menu at midnight. Isn't that four or five hours early? Seriously, the vast majority of people at 2 in the morning want a burger and fries while heading home, not a McCafe and hash browns.

Keep in mind people now start work as early 2-3am. As B35 suggested which i agree, they could serve a handful of breakfast food i.e pancakes, sauages and hash browns for instance in addition to full lunch/dinner menu between 2-4am.

I do like the nuggets. It's pretty good. But the other things on the menu leaves much to be desired.Thats my take on my personal preferences on fast food. Looking at it objectively as I said though, Offering breakfast at midnight is a good move on the part of this fast food chain.

I

Good question... That I'm not sure of, but I infact used to eat there on occasion after going to Funtime USA with friends.

I remember the TV commercials they used to have for that place, but I still never bothered to actually go there.... My arcade playing days were long over once that place started gaining notoriety....... I heard that the WWE wrestlers they would advertise as making an appearance there on a particular weekend either never showed, or were look-a-likes/fakes (lol).... don't know how true that is though.......

Yeah they closed it, I was over there last night...still smells like shit over there

The smell is going nowhere, I know that much.....

As for that BK, alright, cool......

Keep in mind people now start work as early 2-3am. As B35 suggested which i agree, they could serve a handful of breakfast food i.e pancakes, sauages and hash browns for instance in addition to full lunch/dinner menu between 2-4am.

That might be my "lunch" time pretty soon if I get hired to this position I applied for; working the night shift; pays slightly more..... To be honest, the older I'm getting, the more I'm growing sick of working 1st shift anyway.... 2nd shift to me is actually worse.... Over the years, I've become more of a "hawk' (a night person) anyway..... My interest in being around people is truly waning......

I remember the TV commercials they used to have for that place, but I still never bothered to actually go there.... My arcade playing days were long over once that place started gaining notoriety....... I heard that the WWE wrestlers they would advertise as making an appearance there on a particular weekend either never showed, or were look-a-likes/fakes (lol).... don't know how true that is though.......

lol... To be honest me and my buddy Jason would just play table hockey there for hours and always a 7 game series minimum. Didn't care for anything else really. I was a sports nut during my high school days. Is that place still open?

lol... To be honest me and my buddy Jason would just play table hockey there for hours and always a 7 game series minimum. Didn't care for anything else really. I was a sports nut during my high school days. Is that place still open?

Nah, funtime USA closed a couple years ago.... sometime around '06-07.....

Don't know what the (real) reason was, although I heard a slew of rumors from acquaintances...... including them having gotten into a lawsuit, going broke after paying off too many guest appearances', the game choices started lessening as time went on - resulting in less ppl goin there, too many fights breaking out there (including parents of kids), games started getting more expensive, cars getting broken into.....

Nobody mentioned this one to me, but now that I think about it, Dave & Buster might have played a factor into it all too..... then again, I don't know when that opened up here in NYC.....

I know where I am going at 12:00AM, lol!

As long as they keep the Lunch/Dinner Items and the Breakfast Items between 12:00AM and 5:00AM, I'm all fine with it! Still, good to see how I can still enjoy some breakfast items before I go to bed... and wake up at 10:00AM just as the Breakfast Items are off the menu, =]!

• 3 weeks later...

Shifting gears but related, McDonalds is back in news with plans to open their first ever all-veggie resturant in India.

vegetarian5n-1-web.jpg

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1151937

I imagine that's supposed to be vegenaise instead of mayonnaise... If so that stuff is amazing. Whole Foods sells it and it is a great alternative in terms of it being healthier and it is tastes better than mayonnaise.

Archived