How to improve IRT weekend service...

Threxx

See, this is what public forums are about. You disagree (even roughy) is no problem. I just find it funny of how Threxx doesn't show off an attitude to BrooklynIRT, TheSubwayStation etc but when it comes to people like me, its problem. Funny that....And even everyone else gets more upset with me even though I mess up sometimes..........

But anyways, cheapest is to make all IRT lines run every 8 or 10 minutes IMO. That's all I'm gonna say.....

Another Weekend improvement thread...?

As we all know, the (1), (2), and (6) trains are plagued with poor weekend service, and the segments of route which they service on their own feel the repercussions.

For the (2) and White Plains road, I think the (3) should run at least to Neried Avenue and have shuttle buses/train run b/w 148th Street and 135th Street on weekends...

The (3) does not need to go to the Bronx, the (2) is good as it is. With the (5) already helping out. I know its a b9tch when it comes to suspended (5)s, which leads to packed (2) service. Which I think the (MTA) should consider sending (5)s to 149th St, IF Lexington Avenue requires (5)s to be suspended. Now if the (2)s are running express in the Bronx, then the (5) can stay cut to 180th. Or just lower the headway number as Trainmaster5 says.

For the (3) to the Bronx, have you've been really active on the (3) to say you should move it there on Weekends? Thats a bad idea, there are some good numbers of passengers (not a lot compared to the (2)) who rely on the (3) to Harlem. So that should stay put.

To tell ya the truth I don't think you can improve IRT (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7) service on weekends. So I say leave it be.

The only improvement is just increasing headways for some route. Restore Late Night (2) service via Express, since the line is pretty long or extend the time it operates express, similar to the (4).

Late nights, I say cut the (3) to Chambers St, and send the (4) to New Lots.

No, that'd just hold up the (2) and there's no need for the service. The (3) only needs to go one stop further to 34th Street for the connection to the railroads...

Every 10 minutes IMO...Every 8 minutes = empty trains for some lines...

With the exception of the (3) and (5) (which can be every 12 minutes) every 8 minutes on every other lines would mean decently filled trains. The (1) and the (6) could even do with every 6 minutes...

No, that'd just hold up the (2) and there's no need for the service. The (3) only needs to go one stop further to 34th Street for the connection to the railroads...

The (2) does not run Express in the night smarty. And the next stop is 14 St. It would not hold up anything. And the (4) has a straight shot to New Lots.

The (2) does not run Express in the night smarty. And the next stop is 14 St. It would not hold up anything. And the (4) has a straight shot to New Lots.

The switch is before Chambers Street, and the (2) has to switch to the express track to reach Brooklyn smarty... the (3) terminating will hold up passing (2) trains. It only needs to go to 34th Street. The (3) already goes to 42nd Street late nights, it needs to go the extra stop, that's all....

The name of this thread should also be changed to off-peak service....

I'm pretty sure that if the (3) terminates at any express stop besides 42 St, the (2) can't run express at night like people want.

The (2) doesn't need to run express at night, it just needs to run express LONGER. The (3) overnight service would be cooked if the (2) ran express late nights. The (3) needs to go to 34th Street for the connections. (Maybe the MTA doesn't want to remove the gates over the stairs at 34th? lol)

The (2) doesn't need to run express at night, it just needs to run express LONGER. The (3) overnight service would be cooked if the (2) ran express late nights. The (3) needs to go to 34th Street for the connections. (Maybe the MTA doesn't want to remove the gates over the stairs at 34th? lol)

Jesus then why don't they cut the (3) at nights, send the (4) to New Lots, and let the (2) run Express? Oh is it because of 145 St, and 148 St?

BTW, Threxx, how do you know all of this about what stops have demand and which don't? Do you really go riding trains all through the night to calculate your own ridership data? :lol:

Jesus then why don't they cut the (3) at nights, send the (4) to New Lots, and let the (2) run Express? Oh is it because of 145 St, and 148 St?

Man, you just answered your own question REALLY well. This is where I have to say your favorite line, "READ THE MOTHERF***ING THREAD before you post" :lol:. We just talked about the importance of serving 145 and 148 Sts.

Archived