What a redbird (1) would look like

pelhamlocal

Personally I don't like the Redbirds, but this would be amazing if they refurbished it, and added moquette to the seating. That would be comfy. :)

Y..you don't like the Redbirds? How can anyone not like them? :o

I'm arguably the biggest Redbird foamer on this site and its not hard to see why some people would dislike the Redbirds..

Like the families of the people that got caught in the doors of those trains and dragged.

The C/Rs because of the small cab

And the same reasons people disliked the 32 - 42 fleets in recent years, when the age of those trains really started showing.

They still are my favorite railcars ever, kudos to the OP for posting these awesome pictures! :D

I start to reminiscence when I see those redbirds. I got my first kiss from a really cute girl on a R36 Redbird, Main Street, Flushing bound during my many adventures called cutting school. I had many adventures coming back from house parties with friends on that #7 line with those redbirds. Yeah for those reasons alone in remembering the seats and internal lighting, roar of the traction motors, the heaters under these seats with the warmth it provided in winter months, etc takes me a good 10 years back, it's a good feeling...

Personally I don't like the Redbirds, but this would be amazing if they refurbished it, and added moquette to the seating. That would be comfy. :)

Huh??? :o They helped to bring an end to the graffiti war and that by itself is enough reason to adore the Redbirds. Of course there are many other reasons to like Redbirds, like over 40 years of reliable service, the red paint, etc.

Archived