IND Subway Line Turns 80

Guest MTA Bus

Guest MTA Bus

[float=left]post-5097-0-08012100-1347288390_thumb.jpg[/float]If you wanted to catch the(A)train on September 9th, 1932, you would have been out of luck. It started running a day later. That's right, the Eighth Avenue Subway, at times also known as the Independent, IND or Municipal Subway, celebrates 80 years of operation on September 10th.

To this day, the simple design, durable construction and high-speed characteristics of the Independent Subway remain models of first-rate subway construction.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-08012100-1347288390_thumb.jpg

I read this up on (MTA)'s website, it was a good read. I guess they will be celebrating that anniversary like it's first day in service, business as usual.

BTW, unless my computer calendar isn't right, September 10th is Monday, not tomorrow.

I read this up on (MTA)'s website, it was a good read. I guess they will be celebrating that anniversary like it's first day in service, business as usual.

BTW, unless my computer calendar isn't right, September 10th is Monday, not tomorrow.

I was thinking the same thing LOL That would be great if the (MTA) celebrates the anniversary

Seriously, it would be sweet though if they, to celebrate the milestone, ran the Arnines on its initial segment of 207-chambers from 10am to around 3pm. 3 round trips local, this way the cars don't get overwhelmed.

Chambers? No where to turn them unless the last stop is either Canal or WTC. Let them run all the way to Far Rock why not? Or Leffy's

Archived