T/O schedule - 8098

answers

So.....it looks like the ball started rolling...good for the ppl waiting for the past few years!!! :)

And my questions below:

Assuming you passed all prelim. tests

1st day of schoolcar.....

- how many ppl per schoolcar

- how many hour do you get to actually "drive" every day

- how long is the schoolcar training

- do you need to pass a test at end of schoolcar

- how "difficult" are the instructors?

Now, assuming you are done with school car and it is your first day of work:

- what are the hours you work

- what are days off

- what line do you work on? ( do you get to choose at least the borough if not the line? i mean, lets say you

live in brooklyn or staten island...would you have to go to Bronx for example

to start your day?)

- what shift do you get

- when the medical ins starts?

- what is the base pay?

- do you get overtime?

- I heard that at the beginning all new employees get " split hours" like the work 2-3 hours then the sit

around doing nothing for couple of yours and then work again few hours and so on which makes the

work day to be actually more like 12-14 hours ( you work a total of 8 hours but all the sitting around in

between adds up!!!) - IS THIS TRUE ??????? and if it is...are you getting paid for the "waisted" hours?

- how long is the probation period?

- do you have to buy your own uniform

Well...that's all I can think of so far...hope this will satisfy many ppl curiosity :huh::blink::o

and how is this link helping ??? there are 17 or so pages on that thread not related to the above...not talking about list #'s here or the preliminary process....

Just wanted to get a feel of how things work as many ppl will have to change their life style so to speak once they get this job and would like to know what to expect and try to make some sort of planning of sorts....

That thread answers atleast 90% of your questions. The rest can be found by using the search feature within the transit career section for the term "train operator". This is why people dont want to type the same thing over and over when its been discussed repeatedly within this forum.

That thread answers atleast 90% of your questions. The rest can be found by using the search feature within the transit career section for the term "train operator". This is why people dont want to type the same thing over and over when its been discussed repeatedly within this forum.

THANK YOU..

Geez people want folks to hold their hands .... <_<

let me put it this way...

if you do not have time to answer the question as asked....then do NOT....the same works for me and some other ppl out here: we DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO read hundreds of postings from hundreds of other threads and so on and so forth....

I asked SPECIFIC questions because I do not want to "browse" through nonsense to find out a bit here and there...

THAT's ALL !!!

SO please..... IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS TO THE TOPIC OR YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO ANSWER...PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER WIKTH ANY OTHER COMMENTS.... I understand a lot of ppl come here just to pass the time but some of us are actually leading full busy lives and we are using this forum to find details and/or news about specific topics/subjects...

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

dont catch an attitude with us. we arnt going to repeat the same posts answering the same questions over and over. its up to you to do th research and read through all of the posts to find the info you need. if you donthave the time then dont complain when no one wants to answer your question that has been answered in previous posts.

with 22 posts, 'Answers' is holding court, step to it! LOL!

NYCTA will adjust that attitude quickly, or you'll be just a rider again, plenty of people behind you..

Forget planning anything, its a bit like the military everyone has wants, you do as TA needs..

They'll tell & teach you all you need to know one way or another, if you can take the time out of your buzy schedule..

Welcome to the TA! :P

let me put it this way...

if you do not have time to answer the question as asked....then do NOT....the same works for me and some other ppl out here: we DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO read hundreds of postings from hundreds of other threads and so on and so forth....

I asked SPECIFIC questions because I do not want to "browse" through nonsense to find out a bit here and there...

THAT's ALL !!!

SO please..... IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS TO THE TOPIC OR YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO ANSWER...PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER WIKTH ANY OTHER COMMENTS.... I understand a lot of ppl come here just to pass the time but some of us are actually leading full busy lives and we are using this forum to find details and/or news about specific topics/subjects...

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

You take that attitude down here and you wont have enough time to Get past Schoolcar.. :lol:

once again...

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME OR DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE ABOVE QUESTIONS...............

DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON THIS THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THAT SIMPLE !!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT HAVE AN ATTITUDE.....BUT IT SURE LOOKS LIKE YOU DO HAVE A COMPREHENSION PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!

KEEP YOUR UNWANTED COMMENTS TO YOURSELF, PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Wow, you got some nerve disrespecting people who are trying to help you and have actually went through and passed schoolcar and work for Transit...

Plus, on a public forum, you are enticing the public to reply in any way they see fit.

Tell your instructor or your supervisor that he has a comprehension problem and see how quickly you will be unemployed.

lucky me i do not need this job ... as a matter of fact i have not taken this exam or any other exams...got a pretty good job

am trying to find concise info to help some people i know who do not use computers....

So you see now, why I am asking the questions and why I would like the answers in one place....

If anybody got offended....i am sorry...but the same goes for myself when i see ppl criticizing right off the bat not knowing what the situation is

However...the link provided above for some reason took me to a different post which had nothing to do with i had asked for..

i just went through and read another thread.....which did give me an idea about how it works in terms of days off and shifts and base salary...

However, there is no answer to the first part of my posting :

- how many ppl per schoolcar

- how many hour do you get to actually "drive" every day

- how long is the schoolcar training?

- do you need to pass a test at end of schoolcar or you are considered hired on 1st day??

- how "difficult" are the instructors? do they actually take the time to explain everything properly or do they expect you to somehow know what to do?

- what's the hardest thing to learn?

ANSWERS IN BOLD

So.....it looks like the ball started rolling...good for the ppl waiting for the past few years!!! :)

And my questions below:

Assuming you passed all prelim. tests

- how many ppl per schoolcar -34

- how many hour do you get to actually "drive" every day YOU DRIVE 1 HOUR PER PERSON

- how long is the schoolcar training 16 MONTHS

- do you need to pass a test at end of schoolcar NEVER

- how "difficult" are the instructors? AWFUL THEY SUCK

Now, assuming you are done with school car and it is your first day of work:

- what are the hours you work - 16:00 to 200

- what are days off - Sat/Sun

- what line do you work on? ( do you get to choose at least the borough if not the line? i mean, lets say you

live in brooklyn or staten island...would you have to go to Bronx for example

to start your day?) You work the F line

- what shift do you get - Late shift

- when the medical ins starts? - ASAP

- what is the base pay? - $10 an hour

- do you get overtime? - NEVER

- I heard that at the beginning all new employees get " split hours" like the work 2-3 hours then the sit

around doing nothing for couple of yours and then work again few hours and so on which makes the

work day to be actually more like 12-14 hours ( you work a total of 8 hours but all the sitting around in

between adds up!!!) - IS THIS TRUE ??????? and if it is...are you getting paid for the "waisted" hours?

THIS IS VERY TRUE, YOU WORK 14 HOUR BUT GET PAID FOR 8

- how long is the probation period? 3 YEARS

- do you have to buy your own uniform YOU BUY EVERY PIECE OF YOUR UNIFORM

Well...that's all I can think of so far...hope this will satisfy many ppl curiosity :huh::blink::o

wow the level of maturity on this forum is certainly something not to brag about...

Considering you are the One with the CAPS...

Look in the Mirror you know that Pot Kettle thing

BTW if you dont need this job so much why should you care about it?

Thanks for playing "Senior Member".. :lol:

Archived