Which one doesn't belong (Subway edition)

Q43LTD

Incorrect. Not the answer I was thinking of and also far too easy about the bus free transfer.

Also, I said 86 Street (N) not 86th Street (R).

Rockaway Parkway could be the answer for another reason, though. The answer has nothing to do with buses. Look at the hint again.

Rockaway Parkway because you can transfer to more than two buses. (At the other stations, you can transfer to exactly two buses.)

Good answer, but not the one I was thinking of. Nothing to do with buses. Just something about the station.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rock Pkwy because it's the only terminal station. Also, it's the only station outdoors at street level.

Incorrect. What you say is true but the answer is not that obvious. I already stated that the fact there are no stairs at Rockaway Parkway is not the answer and all the stations are outdoors, so Rockaway Parkway is not unique because of that.

Not what I was looking for. If that were the answer, Rockaway Parkway could also be the answer because there are no stairs there making that station also unique among the four choices.

Let me know if you want me to extend the deadline to 3 PM or want the answer at 2.  If no one responds they want an extension, I will post the correct answer in 30 minutes at 2:15.  There is actually a second correct answer with a different choice unrelated to station egress or bus route connections.  I will post both of them. 

Okay. Here is the correct answer since no one guessed correctly.

The correct answer is Avenue X (F) because it is the only station among the choices with more than one stairway leading from different parts of the platform to different locations on street level, at least on the southbound side. The second exit was added several years ago due to crowding when Stillwell Terminal was reconstructed and has become permanent. The exits at the other three stations all take you to the same location on the street outside of the fare control.

Another acceptable answer which I thought of later would be Avenue J (Q) because it is the only station without track switches either north or south of the station before the next station.

I do not wish to go again, so I will pass the next turn to P3F, since his answer of Rockaway Parkway (L) could be considered correct because it is the only station that connects with more than two bus lines and the other stations connect with exactly two buses, something I did not think of. Shame on Me.

Thank you all for playing.

Court Sq, the only terminal.

Uh uh.

74th, since you can connect to both the BMT, the IND, and the IRT.

Nada.

Here's a clue...look at how the transfers at each station are done. Group the E,M & G together if that will make it easier to picture.

Here's another clue:

9th St 4rth Ave (F)(G)(R)

23rd St Court Square (7)<7>(E)(G)(M) is the only station with a moving sidewalk.

No, sorry.

Look at each station. There's something exactly the same in all five: moving from underground to above ground or from above to under to make your connection.

One of the five has something unique from the other four. What is it?

Archived