Hurricane Sandy: NJT Discussion Thread

mfs NJT459

SevereWeatherInfo2012.jpg

"As Hurricane Sandy moves into the region, NJ TRANSIT is closely monitoring Hurricane Sandy's movements along the Atlantic Coast and preparing the system to minimize service suspensions and delays as much as possible. Current reports estimate Hurricane Sandy beginning to affect New Jersey late Sunday evening with the storm intensifying Monday into Tuesday."

Read more: Source

As of 11 AM Saturday morning, Governor Chris Christie declared of state of emergency, with mandatory evacuations for the barrier islands from Sandy Hook, NJ to Cape May, NJ by 4 PM Sunday

it would be good idea to shut it down for at least tommrow if the impact is worst btw how does cross honoring work like a bus pass get yous in a train or train on bus or even path on bus i know its for situations of this kind never have used it though becuase it not neccesay in my situation though

it would be good idea to shut it down for at least tommrow if the impact is worst btw how does cross honoring work like a bus pass get yous in a train or train on bus or even path on bus i know its for situations of this kind never have used it though becuase it not neccesay in my situation though

Cross Honoring:

You usually travel between Rutherford and New York on the 190 bus. Instead of taking the 190 you use the train to New York.

I'm kinda curious to know how PATH cross-honors tickets hough.

It is more than likely that the local buses on the barrier islands will be suspended (500 series) (313, 315, 552 in Wildwood, Cape May), 553 service beginning/ending at Hamilton Mall, 551 service beginning/ending at Avandale Park/Ride, similar situation on the 554, 559, 319 .... as well as the 317 and 800 series in North Jersey Coast because of the evacuations off the all barrier islands by 4 PM, while buses will be shuttling people to shelters

all of that before the full potential system wide shutdown

remember the difference between this storm and Irene is that it is not summer, so the islands are not as crowded as they were before/after Irene

Camden bus service will operate tomorrow

http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=PressReleaseTo&PRESS_RELEASE_ID=2801

details

Bus Service:

• Bus service will remain suspended until further notice, with the exception of limited service in Camden only.
  • NJ TRANSIT bus service will operate in Camden ONLY and on a regular, weekday schedule tomorrow, Wednesday, October 31, ONLY the following routes:
    • Full Service: Nos. 400, 401, 403, 404, 405, 406, 407, 408, 410,412, 414, 418, 419 (with detour at Rancocas Creek), 450, 451, 452, 453, 455 (with detour between National Park and Paulsboro), 457, 459 and 463
    • Partial Service: Nos. 402, 409, 413, 419, 455
    • Note: The Walter Rand Transportation Center (WRTC) is closed due to no power.

Rail service remains suspended until futher notice due to major infrastructure damage, especially on the NJCL & ACRL.

Light rail service also is suspended till further notice

*Newark Light Rail suffered damage from Penn Station (flooding of platforms) to Branch Brook Park (trees on line)

*HBLR sustained washouts at West Side Ave & Port Imperial stations. Tonnelle Ave has trees on the overhead wire

*RiverLine has no power between Trenton & Camden

Rail service remains suspended until futher notice due to major infrastructure damage, especially on the NJCL & ACRL.

Light rail service also is suspended till further notice

*Newark Light Rail suffered damage from Penn Station (flooding of platforms) to Branch Brook Park (trees on line)

*HBLR sustained washouts at West Side Ave & Port Imperial stations. Tonnelle Ave has trees on the overhead wire

*RiverLine has no power between Trenton & Camden

I thought Riverline was DMU is it electrified?

ohh ok IC would electrification make LRT riverline cheaper to run?

kinda curious for the future

Maybe but this is better than dealing with the overhead wires on the NLR & HBLR (never been on the riverlne so idk, just stating my opinion)

Archived