A few comments about disapperance from NYCTF

R68 Subway Car

I have not posted here frequently for some time. I have posted elsewhere, but I am glad to be back here. I have been busy with school and have gone on a vacation out of the city to Las Vegas. I have not taken train photos in a long time, but I still have some interest in the hobby. I am about to start the process to save up for a DSLR, so I can really get back into the hobby. I just felt the need to share some thoughts on numerous issues:

On politics:

I have personally become disgusted with how the Republican Party has conducted themselves in recent times. Out of that disgust, I have registered as an independent and I did vote for President Obama on Election Day. I am personally glad that President Obama was reelected. He has kept this country safe from terrorism and there are small signs that the economy is recovering. I have become disgusted with the Republican Party because it has been hijacked by conspiracy theorists and radicals who are unwilling to compromise on the most basic of issues, including taxes and the rights of the disabled. I also found Mitt Romney to be expedient. I may not always agree with President Obama, but I respect his authenticity, which is something that was lacking in Mitt Romney. I personally hope that the Republican Party will come to their senses and do so for the good of the country.

On Newtown:

Like all Americans, I was shocked, saddened and stunned by what happened last week in Connecticut. I think the need for tough control is obvious. We should not be fearful of going to school, a church or a movie theater. This madness must stop. If there is no strict gun control legislation enacted after 20 innocent children were slaughtered, then I have no idea of what it will take to do so.

On Hurricane Sandy:

The hurricane was a powerful experience to deal with. My house here in Brooklyn was blacked out the night of the hurricane, and we as a family had to rely on radios for the latest information on the storm. The thing I loved the most about the aftermath of the hurricane was the sense of unity and togetherness, perhaps best illustrated by President Obama and Governor Chris Christie putting politics aside and coming together.

On Sports:

I was so glad to see Lebron finally win his first title. It was well deserved. He truly was the Sportsman of 2012. I really love Houston, Denver and Atlanta’s chances to win a Super Bowl. Peyton Manning’s performance this year is truly worthy of an MVP award. The Jets had a bad season and it is not surprising. They had no defense, no offensive line and a messy quarterback situation. When they put aside the headline and attention grabbing moves and actually focus on building a football team, they will be a contender for the Super Bowl. On the Giants, they need to win these last two games and put up a hard-fought effort in the playoffs. If they can do that, they can be champions again. I think the Mets made the right move trading for two top prospects in the RA Dickey trade. Toronto will have a solid pitcher and the Mets will have two prospects that will likely be stars on a future and likely more competitive Mets team. I think the Yankees just need to get big hits in the post season and they will be in good shape. They do not need to make any changes. I really love how the Knicks are playing. They may not be the Heat, but I think they can certainly compete with them. I love that Brooklyn has a professional sports team with the arrival of the Nets. I do not think they can win a championship, but I think they will be a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference when they are playing at their best.

I am personally happy to be back as a regular poster here.

Glad to see you back -- we've had our disagreements in the past, but I just have to say I'm impressed at your ability to introspect and reconsider the Republican party around you...my words don't hold much weight being a Democrat, but I just think that party is changing incredibly fast -- I had a lot of respect for Republican politicians of yesteryear, and now some of these radicals are just so racist, sexist, and elitist it shocks me. Good for you for being able to move beyond party lines, wish more people how the intellectual capacity you do to analyze how the political situation in America. Agree with you on everything you said -- 'cept for RA Dickey! I say the Mets should have kept him: knuckleballers can play forever, and those prospects just don't look that great. But anyway, glad to see ou back.

Archived