Commuters' Wasted Time in Traffic Costs $121 Billion

CenSin

Those who think that an army of cars can efficiently replace a bus or train any day should think about it carefully:

• A car is about 33% to 50% wasted space—33% if you don't count legroom as wasted space. That wasted space extends from your windshield to the license plate on the front. That space could have seated 4 to 6 people.
  • Every single car comes with its own independent parts (engines, wheels, batteries, etc.). For a machine that only works for the benefit of up to 6 to 8 people at a time (usually 1 or 2 in practice) the people to parts ratio is incredibly low. That's pretty wasteful.
  • A car needs to be maneuvered by a person (for now anyway). Given a dozen cars and a bus, each transporting an identical amount of people, the party of cars needs more people to drive. A bus needs only one. A single driver doesn't have to contend with himself, but with a dozen drivers, the probability of conflict increases.

The thing is that in New York a trip by car can be about 5x faster than a trip by bus, and I'd say at least 95% of the time the bus doesn't go exactly where you want, so you either have to do some additional walking or transfer to another bus/train.  Buses also get stuck in traffic.

Driving will always be the fastest mode of transportation, but it's the idea of parking that deters many.  If I could park my car downtown for a reasonable rate (garages are about $22+ for the day) I'd never take public transportation ever again.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is that in New York a trip by car can be about 5x faster than a trip by bus, and I'd say at least 95% of the time the bus doesn't go exactly where you want, so you either have to do some additional walking or transfer to another bus/train.  Buses also get stuck in traffic.

Driving will always be the fastest mode of transportation, but it's the idea of parking that deters many.  If I could park my car downtown for a reasonable rate (garages are about $22+ for the day) I'd never take public transportation ever again.

You take cabs to get to work, but you wouldn't park your car for $22.00 a day? Is it the cost or are you too afraid to have some moron mess up your car?? I had co-workers that would drive in and park when I worked over in Chelsea.  For me I would only have a car if I could park it in a garage and my commutes weren't centered around Manhattan.  There are plenty of garages here in Riverdale so getting one reasonably priced wouldn't be a problem but parking in the city is a whole different animal. I just think it's impractical to drive to the city esp. when I can walk to everything here in Riverdale in 5 to 10 minutes, including the express buses, shops and restaurants... So much easier to take the express bus, relax and let someone else do the driving.

The thing is that in New York a trip by car can be about 5x faster than a trip by bus

I suppose I could interpret the first sentence as a possibility seeing how you used the words "can be." Cars can be faster, but only under certain conditions. When you have too many cars, there are traffic jams (caused by increase probability of accidents and deadlocks).

and I'd say at least 95% of the time the bus doesn't go exactly where you want, so you either have to do some additional walking or transfer to another bus/train.

It's one of the off-putting qualities of public transportation, but because of its very nature, it must be optimized for the best used routes (though I have doubts that the MTA has done its job doing that); transfers will be unavoidable for many.

Buses also get stuck in traffic.

Buses get stuck behind cars and trucks… and then they get delayed enough that they end up getting stuck behind buses that got stuck behind cars and trucks. And when buses get stuck, crowds build at bus stations… You get the idea.

It will be mostly fast and at a cost to society as a whole.

You take cabs to get to work, but you wouldn't park your car for $22.00 a day? Is it the cost or are you too afraid to have some moron mess up your car?? I had co-workers that would drive in and park when I worked over in Chelsea.  For me I would only have a car if I could park it in a garage and my commutes weren't centered around Manhattan.  There are plenty of garages here in Riverdale so getting one reasonably priced wouldn't be a problem but parking in the city is a whole different animal. I just think it's impractical to drive to the city esp. when I can walk to everything here in Riverdale in 5 to 10 minutes, including the express buses, shops and restaurants... So much easier to take the express bus, relax and let someone else do the driving.

I take the crosstown bus to the Lexington Avenue subway line.  There's only been a few instances where I've taken a cab down, and $25 every few months doesn't hurt anything.  Doing it every day would make a small yet noticeable different.

I take the crosstown bus to the Lexington Avenue subway line.  There's only been a few instances where I've taken a cab down, and $25 every few months doesn't hurt anything.  Doing it every day would make a small yet noticeable different.

I don't get why you're so anti-bus though but you'll jump in a cab or would consider driving if you could get cheap parking Downtown.  They get stuck in the same traffic that buses do and also buses aren't stuck in traffic 24/7 but that's the illusion you give off.  It's quite exaggerated to say the least. There are only certain times of the year that I'm stuck in traffic on the express bus... When the U.N. is in session, during the spring time here and there and days before holidays.  Otherwise it's just normal traffic.  Nothing insane.  

I don't get why you're so anti-bus though but you'll jump in a cab or would consider driving if you could get cheap parking Downtown.  They get stuck in the same traffic that buses do and also buses aren't stuck in traffic 24/7 but that's the illusion you give off.  It's quite exaggerated to say the least. There are only certain times of the year that I'm stuck in traffic on the express bus... When the U.N. is in session, during the spring time here and there and days before holidays.  Otherwise it's just normal traffic.  Nothing insane.  

Except when I take a cab or if I were to drive downtown I would be going 60mph on the FDR rather than an average (to be extremely generous) 10mph on the M15 SBS, or an average (again being extremely generous) 25mph on the (4)(5)

Buses take local roads and make many stops.  Driving lets you take the highways and you avoid making stops like a bus would.

Except when I take a cab or if I were to drive downtown I would be going 60mph on the FDR rather than an average (to be extremely generous) 10mph on the M15 SBS, or an average (again being extremely generous) 25mph on the (4)(5)

Buses take local roads and make many stops.  Driving lets you take the highways and you avoid making stops like a bus would.

lol... You're being extremely generous with how fast you would be going on the FDR as if it doesn't get backed up... 

lol... You're being extremely generous with how fast you would be going on the FDR as if it doesn't get backed up... 

So now are you trying to say that a bus can travel just as fast as a car?

I've occasionally gone to New Jersey during the AM rush hour and have never once been caught up in any traffic.  I would average about 55-60mph, and so would the deadheading MTA express buses.  One time I hit 70mph on the 23rd street overpass. 

The X90 never got caught in traffic during the AM rush, and only a few times during the PM rush.  It's not hard to do 60mph on the FDR.

When you lived in Staten Island did your express bus take the FDR up to Midtown?  If so then you should know that there's never any southbound traffic.  (Northbound during the AM rush there can be some traffic, but it's still moving pretty well)

So now are you trying to say that a bus can travel just as fast as a car?

I've occasionally gone to New Jersey during the AM rush hour and have never once been caught up in any traffic.  I would average about 55-60mph, and so would the deadheading MTA express buses.  One time I hit 70mph on the 23rd street overpass. 

The X90 never got caught in traffic during the AM rush, and only a few times during the PM rush.  It's not hard to do 60mph on the FDR.

When you lived in Staten Island did your express bus take the FDR up to Midtown?  If so then you should know that there's never any southbound traffic.  (Northbound during the AM rush there can be some traffic, but it's still moving pretty well)

No, I'm just saying that I'm sure you have drive in normal traffic before you get on the FDR and yes I took the FDR when I lived on Staten Island... Northbound isn't too bad as you said and the Southbound does move but still.  I'm sure you still have to drive along the streets after and before the FDR, then find parking, etc. Not that quick...

Yeah but with cabs or privately owned automobiles the driver along with it's passengers simply travel from point A to point B without interuption (understood that road conditions will vary). Meanwhile a city bus have to stop to pick up and drop off passengers at the designated bus stops. Along with the loading time , it all adds up to a slower commute in terms of time then driving by car respectively, regardless of the traffic conditions. I think that's the point Gorgor is trying to make.

Buses take local roads and make many stops. Driving lets you take the highways and you avoid making stops like a bus would.

Yeah but with cabs or privately owned automobiles the driver along with it's passengers simply travel from point A to point B without interuption (understood that road conditions will vary). Meanwhile a city bus have to stop to pick up and drop off passengers at the designated bus stops. Along with the loading time , it all adds up to a slower commute in terms of time then driving by car respectively, regardless of the traffic conditions. I think that's the point Gorgor is trying to make.

Of course.  I'm not saying it doesn't but let's not sit here and act like driving a car in Manhattan is so convenient and practical because it isn't, esp. if you don't have a place to park. The time you save driving is usually eaten up trying to find parking.  I have a friend who lives in NJ and always drives in when we hang out.  Last time we met over dinner at one of my high end Spanish spots to chat about him starting up his own side business and it took FOREVER to get parking. Drove and around and around trying to decide to get metered parking or park in a garage since we weren't sure how long dinner would be and I like to take long dinners... European style... Wine, food, more wine, dessert, digestivi, etc... You get the idea...  A PITA to say the least.  He eventually settled on metered parking since it was closest to the restaurant we were going to in the Midtown/Park Av area  and just put enough for two to three hours. lol

Now that's something to consider, the time wasted fighting for a parking spot. Catch 22.

It most certainly is... And some neighborhoods... Forget it... When I'm his (Gorgor's) neck of the woods there on the Upper East Side and we drive over there for dinner or something... It's insane...  I know he mentioned having a garage to park his car in at home, but if you're looking for street parking (even metered ones), you can go around circling for quite sometime before you find an open spot and then you still have to walk sometimes further than you would like to where you're going.

To be honest, I don't see why people should drive into the city at all. IMO it does nothing but add to the traffic problems in the city. Most of the people I know outside of my family would rather use public transit into the city than driving. I'm with them, driving into the city is too frustrating. And I don't plan on doing it when I get my license. No need in wasting all that money on gas and tolls, when I can just spend $11 to go have a nightlife in good ol' NYC.

It most certainly is... And some neighborhoods... Forget it... When I'm his (Gorgor's) neck of the woods there on the Upper East Side and we drive over there for dinner or something... It's insane...  I know he mentioned having a garage to park his car in at home, but if you're looking for street parking (even metered ones), you can go around circling for quite sometime before you find an open spot and then you still have to walk sometimes further than you would like to where you're going.

Indeed. Sometimes for even 30 minutes or more in change, it can get absolutely ridiculous sometimes getting a spot, forcing you to take the gamble and double-park risking getting a ticket if you're desperate enough.

If I'm on a bus that's stuck in traffic i'm also a part of this $121 billion as well, so I don't see why cars are taking up so much of the discussion here and also $121 billion is about 1% of U.S. GDP if that. Not a big deal.

Quote of the century here!

----

Honestly though, yeah if there were less cars on the road, buses wouldn't be in traffic.  But are you seriously thinking mass transportation will delete the existence of cars? No way in hell man.

I was going to quote VG8 as well but I got lazy, and to back up his point, I honestly can get to destinations quick via car rather mass transportation.  For example, Sheepshead Bay to Flushing will take me 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic, maybe even less if no traffic at all.  Subway/bus?  Try 2 hours at least if there are no GO's or unforeseen incidents.

But all in all, I'm tackling this topic in the POV of a New Yorker and can't justify for other cities.

Honestly though, yeah if there were less cars on the road, buses wouldn't be in traffic.  But are you seriously thinking mass transportation will delete the existence of cars? No way in hell man.

But all in all, I'm tackling this topic in the POV of a New Yorker and can't justify for other cities.

In the sparsely-poulated areas outside NYC and out of state, there is no way around it, you got to drive. It is what it is.

There are also even people who need to get to places where there is a lack of adequate mass transit and cannot afford to purchase a car and deal with maintainance costs and insurance, forcing them to rent a car.  It's that bad out there in many areas out of state.

Luckily I was able to purchase that 1994 Toyota 4runner from my cousin, fully paid for in cash so I did'nt have to deal with that.  It was a rude awakening for me when I moved out of NYC back in 1999 before my return to Boro Park Brooklyn. Man I was relieved to be able to once again take advantage of a versatile and reliable transit system when I came back to the Big Apple, among other reasons, being homesick because I sorely missed being in a true melting pot, a densly populated and busy multicultural city, but that's for another discussion.

Quote of the century here!

----

I was going to quote VG8 as well but I got lazy, and to back up his point, I honestly can get to destinations quick via car rather mass transportation.  For example, Sheepshead Bay to Flushing will take me 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic, maybe even less if no traffic at all.  Subway/bus?  Try 2 hours at least if there are no GO's or unforeseen incidents.

Cars are simply quicker the majority of the time(outside of rush). Especially for the Non-Manhattan Trips. I can leave my home and get to the Bronx in 20 mins. Using mass transit I might still be waiting for the bus in that same 20 mins, as I'd have to walk to the bus stop and wait for the bus, then take the bus to the subway, then ride to Manhattan and transfer to a Bronx bound Line. Or, I could take the Q27 and the Q44 or any other combination. But that's about 2 hours of travel vs 20 mins.

Driving from Hempstead Turnpike and the Cross Island Parkway I was in NJ in about 50 mins (Cross Island > LIE > BQE> Williamsburg Br>Holland Tunnel) Sorry, Mass Transit cannot compare.

On the flip side, I was on my way to Manhattan a couple of weeks ago and the LIE was backed up from the Tunnel to Queens Blvd (Thank you Google Maps), I parked at Union Turnpike and took the (E).

That's one of the problems,  people don't have to park 4 feet from where you're going to be hanging out or eating, you save a lot of stress just going away from busy parking destinations and walking. If I'm on the west side I just go straight towards 10th ave , park and walk. I usually wait until after 7PM when parking is free though. 

Just like parking garages in White Plains, for example, Whole Foods. You have idiots causing congestion trying to find a spot on the first level, a virtual standstill, when they can just go up one level, easily get a spot and take the elevator or stairs down one level.  

Highway congestion can be prevented if people actually knew how to freakin' drive.  But coming as a New York driver's perspective, we're pretty reckless and impatient.

Public transportation may be a solution, it isn't THE solution though.  Seriously what are buses going to do?  Create more traffic.  Though creating rail lines may in the long term turn down traffic.  Still I'd say 75% of people would still favor cars over public transportation..(Or at least 75% of the people I know.) 

Sadly, many people drive like chickens with their heads cut off. The 401 in Toronto is particularly bad for this - one guy swerves and the entire f**king highway comes to a standstill.

Until people learn to drive, I would take public transit any day of the week.

Right, most of the congestion I see and experience is because people don't know how to drive.  There is either a slow poke or two slowing down the whole highway, the usual dopes that don't know how to merge, or the nosey fools who are rubbernecking.

I mean, even yesterday, this lady in front of me in the left lane of a two lane highway slowed down because she saw break lights.... on the car in the right lane lane.... slowing down while entering the exit lane to get off the highway........ :mellow:

And those are just highway stories, the secondary roads are scary as well!
You have the guy making a right turn from 217th st without looking at oncoming traffic, with his hazards on, right into the left lane. Then you have the guy cruising up 188th Street, going 20mph AND taking up two lanes, making a few others miss the light. I catch up at the Hillside Ave Signal, we both make the left towards the subway, he's still going 20 and still doesn't seem to know what lane markers are for, I have to honk for him to chose a lane. 

Any slight obstacles causes havoc, you have one vehicle stopped to double park or make a left turn and everyone just sits there, as if their steering wheels don't work, it's really amazing. :blink:  And its compounded in NYC as the lights are timed, so then you are all now sitting at a red light because people zoned out. 

And if you've heard of "Sunday drivers", It's true, absolutely horrible. They drive one of two ways, either they have nowhere to go, or they have no idea where they're going.  :P  :(  :angry: . Ripe day for sudden lane changes. Speaking of which, Here's another cause of congestion
Sign: "NYC Transit Forum Blvd,  Exit 1 Mile", so instead of maintaining speed, putting on their signal and moving over to the appropriate lane, they essentially jam on their breaks to move over as soon as possible.  Even if they were about to pass a vehicle that had no vehicle in front of it, they'd slow down to get behind them causing a chain reaction of congestion even though the exit is one mile away...

Unless that bus also takes the highways and avoids local stops. :P

Cars are simply quicker the majority of the time(outside of rush). Especially for the Non-Manhattan Trips. I can leave my home and get to the Bronx in 20 mins. Using mass transit I might still be waiting for the bus in that same 20 mins, as I'd have to walk to the bus stop and wait for the bus, then take the bus to the subway, then ride to Manhattan and transfer to a Bronx bound Line. Or, I could take the Q27 and the Q44 or any other combination. But that's about 2 hours of travel vs 20 mins.

BINGO

Driving from Hempstead Turnpike and the Cross Island Parkway I was in NJ in about 50 mins (Cross Island > LIE > BQE> Williamsburg Br>Holland Tunnel) Sorry, Mass Transit cannot compare.

On the flip side, I was on my way to Manhattan a couple of weeks ago and the LIE was backed up from the Tunnel to Queens Blvd (Thank you Google Maps), I parked at Union Turnpike and took the (E).

LOL

That's one of the problems,  people don't have to park 4 feet from where you're going to be hanging out or eating, you save a lot of stress just going away from busy parking destinations and walking. If I'm on the west side I just go straight towards 10th ave , park and walk. I usually wait until after 7PM when parking is free though. 

Just like parking garages in White Plains, for example, Whole Foods. You have idiots causing congestion trying to find a spot on the first level, a virtual standstill, when they can just go up one level, easily get a spot and take the elevator or stairs down one level.  

Right, most of the congestion I see and experience is because people don't know how to drive.  There is either a slow poke or two slowing down the whole highway, the usual dopes that don't know how to merge, or the nosey fools who are rubbernecking.

I mean, even yesterday, this lady in front of me in the left lane of a two lane highway slowed down because she saw break lights.... on the car in the right lane lane.... slowing down while entering the exit lane to get off the highway........ :mellow:

And those are just highway stories, the secondary roads are scary as well!
You have the guy making a right turn from 217th st without looking at oncoming traffic, with his hazards on, right into the left lane. Then you have the guy cruising up 188th Street, going 20mph AND taking up two lanes, making a few others miss the light. I catch up at the Hillside Ave Signal, we both make the left towards the subway, he's still going 20 and still doesn't seem to know what lane markers are for, I have to honk for him to chose a lane. 

Any slight obstacles causes havoc, you have one vehicle stopped to double park or make a left turn and everyone just sits there, as if their steering wheels don't work, it's really amazing. :blink:  And its compounded in NYC as the lights are timed, so then you are all now sitting at a red light because people zoned out. 

And if you've heard of "Sunday drivers", It's true, absolutely horrible. They drive one of two ways, either they have nowhere to go, or they have no idea where they're going.  :P  :(  :angry: . Ripe day for sudden lane changes. Speaking of which, Here's another cause of congestion
Sign: "NYC Transit Forum Blvd,  Exit 1 Mile", so instead of maintaining speed, putting on their signal and moving over to the appropriate lane, they essentially jam on their breaks to move over as soon as possible.  Even if they were about to pass a vehicle that had no vehicle in front of it, they'd slow down to get behind them causing a chain reaction of congestion even though the exit is one mile away...

Now you know what my proposals try to fix buddy if bus lines took these fast paths being fed from major hubs then going direct to other places they can be as fast as cars if structured properly.

Unless that bus also takes the highways and avoids local stops. :P

Now you know what my proposals try to fix buddy if bus lines took these fast paths being fed from major hubs then going direct to other places they can be as fast as cars if structured properly.

A hub network could work. Do you mean like a Jamaica-Flushing-Fordham Plaza type route?

In the sparsely-poulated areas outside NYC and out of state, there is no way around it, you got to drive. It is what it is.

There are also even people who need to get to places where there is a lack of adequate mass transit and cannot afford to purchase a car and deal with maintainance costs and insurance, forcing them to rent a car.  It's that bad out there in many areas out of state.

Luckily I was able to purchase that 1994 Toyota 4runner from my cousin, fully paid for in cash so I did'nt have to deal with that.  It was a rude awakening for me when I moved out of NYC back in 1999 before my return to Boro Park Brooklyn. Man I was relieved to be able to once again take advantage of a versatile and reliable transit system when I came back to the Big Apple, among other reasons, being homesick because I sorely missed being in a true melting pot, a densly populated and busy multicultural city, but that's for another discussion.

Insurance for most middle-aged adults isn't  that expensive, especially away from a city, so there's nothing to complain about.  If I had insurance at my aunt's out in suburban Jersey, I'd be paying $700ish a year which is amazing compared to my $2000ish premium a year here in NYC.

Maintenance is a different story, if you know how to drive and don't over exceed the limitations of the car, you don't need to worry about constant maintenance unless it's the mandatory oil changes and such.

I also lived out in Minneapolis and it wasn't that bad, same for the areas outside Chicago and in Pennsylvania, it's not as bad as you are depicting it.  Another note, renting cars are a bit easier then the past now with ZipCar and such.

--

Through and through, I'd only prefer mass transit if mass transit's expected travel time is less than of which if I can drive over plus driving conditions.

Like I said in previous posts, driving to Flushing from Sheepshead Bay owns taking mass transit.  Where as taking mass transit into say Lower Manhattan would be a better choice because of parking and people who seriously can't drive (hesitant drivers especially, if you are one, please avoid driving in Manhattan and save other people headaches.)

I'm on the Gowanus Expressway watching F trains and G trains zip by. We're travelling from Coney Island to Flushing.

Go take your F train from Coney Island, I guarantee 10000% I'll make it to Flushing a good hour or more before you.  Even during rush hours.  If you think taking the highway is the only solution, you haven't driven in New York long enough then.

If they were to expand the regional Rail network and get more people who are driving in off the highways this region would be a even better place.    Theres about 5.5 million who drive in this region , for reasons like theres no transit where they live or its overcrowded....theres about 15 Million who use transit in this region and theres about 1.1 million who walk or bike for commuting , you can make a dent in the driving habits by upgrading and improving services in the following areas...

North Jersey 

Extend the Northern Branch LRT to Teanfly and then further up towards Piermont , this would relieve overcrowded bus services and encourage town to town commuting along the corridor

Build the West Shore line , Hoboken to Newburgh , this would do the same as the Northern Branch LRT only faster and service more towns

Build the Bergen - Passaic LRT , Ridgefield Park (West Shore line) to Hawthrone (Main line) , this line would connect 2 large North Jersey cities along with 5 regional rail lines and over 17 bus routes along with towns in between.   By Linking together 5 growing lines and bus lines you can lower the amount of people who drive into Paterson or Hackensack.

Upgrade the Pascack Valley line from Wood-Ridge to River Edge , Provide bi-directional service every 30 mins , this would greatly enhance the many developments in Hackensack along with encouraging reverse commuting up to Hackensack and River Edge there's an estimated 30,000 who currently drive into Hackensack to work , this would be a step in reducing that.   

Build the Northwest Rail link and connecting branches - Hawthorne - Warwick , this would service a growing corridor in Northwestern Jersey and Orange County NY which relies on bus service for the most part and that is sometimes strained.    Service would be more commuter rather then Regional Rail like most lines in this region.    About 2,700 use the current bus services , while 60,000 drive along Route 23 and the back roads the run next to the corridor.    Most commuters in this part of NJ , commute down to Newark or NYC mainly driving.    Enhancing transit and taking even more commuters off the highways and roads would greatly benefit the overburdened highways and roads which cannot be expanded.

Build , Newark - Paterson LRT , this line would service a dense Urbanized part of New Jersey which aside from a few areas near Paterson has no Rail Service.    The Light Rail would reuse abandoned / lightly used freight tracks meaning it would be grade or traffic separated the entire way meaning for a fast commute.   Theres also numerous neglected areas along the route which with a Rail link in place would boom.    Most people drive along this corridor to Paterson , Clifton , and Newark which accounts for most of the corridors congestion.    An Estimated 350,000 drive along Garden State Parkway , NJ 21 , NJ 19 and numerous feeder roads , making it easier for people to commute by train to Newark , Clifton and Parkway would greatly reduce congestion in this part of NJ which can be just as bad as Brooklyn or Queens during the evening rush.

Expand , The Newark Light Rail Network to West Orange via NS Tracks from Grove Street , Under Springfield Ave replacing an overcrowded Bus roue, on the Old Boonton Branch between Grove Street and Kearny , and Down to Elizabeth servicing 6 job hubs outside the Downtown.    All of these Expansions would benefit the overcrowded bus network and encourage higher transit usage within Urban Jersey by offering a faster mode of Transit...

Thats just a sample of some of my ideas , Too lazy to type the rest however closing the gaps in the Regional Rail networks in Central , Western Jersey , Lower Hudson Valley , Long Island , and Connecticut will greatly reduce our overburdened highways.    Improving our Urban systems will do the same and relieve the overburdened bus lines , some lines will need to be replaced with Light Rail or a Subway extensions , others will just need a Bus Rapid Transit upgrade.    Alot of the Boulevards in Queens , Staten Island , The Bronx and Brooklyn are wide enough for Light Rail or Bus Rapid so there's really no excuse not to have it , money can be found.     You also need to speed up time travels in this region the Urban areas like from the Rockaways or the Oranges or Elizabeth takes about an Hour to parts of Manhattan it shouldn't take that long  when your so close.

Archived