I must have the worst luck

PinePower

8:30am 319 departure from PABT, bus 7181. Everything seems fine then we get pulled over by NJSP just past the Driscoll Bridge. The officer goes up to the bus and asks for license and registration. We sit there for 20 minutes where I notice some other buses pulled over, but then they leave. The driver speaks again with the officer and says "his wallet is missing and he doesn't have his driver license on him". We wait for another 35 minutes before it  is "faxed over" to the NJSP. Then the police talk with him some more and give him paperwork and we finally proceed, only to stop again at the Cheesequake Rest area where we sit an hour. The driver says it would only be 15 minutes for a relief to come, but while we paced around the rest area, NJT took their sweet time. Eventually by 10:20am a supervisor showed up, and some mechanics. There seemed to be alot of confusion, eventually the supervisor counted everyone on the bus, and said that another bus is coming. You'd think they'd have been able to accomodate us on one of the other 319's coming through, but we had to wait for a bus from Howell to pick us up. Was supposed to arrive in Toms River at around 9:55am, didn't get there until 12:15pm. You just can't make this stuff up. I have the photos to prove it, if you want. 

post them something doesn't sound right?

Yeah I would want to see those pics.

Doesn't make sense at all for NJSP to be randomly pulling over NJT buses like that... the last time he told us a story about something like this the bus was pulled over by a NJSP SWAT team on the Turnpike that came on the bus with machine guns pointed at everyone, only to let the bus leave a few minutes later. 553 came on later and said he knew the B/O and Piney wasn't telling the truth.

Yeah I would want to see those pics.

Doesn't make sense at all for NJSP to be randomly pulling over NJT buses like that... the last time he told us a story about something like this the bus was pulled over by a NJSP SWAT team on the Turnpike that came on the bus with machine guns pointed at everyone, only to let the bus leave a few minutes later. 553 came on later and said he knew the B/O and Piney wasn't telling the truth.

That actually happened, but I wasn't gonna take pics of that. No driver would want to talk about an experience like that. Today, however, I have photos. The first is from us pulled over along with other buses just south of the Driscoll (you can see the police lights if you look closely). The others were at Cheesequake.

njtpullover_zps07f2e44a.jpg

7181cheesequake_zps62dab129.jpgIMG_3847_zps34471f12.jpg

The driver was DOT'd, and he forgot his driver license caught 2 birds in one stone. Thanks to him being irresponsable now all 319 drivers must show their dls before leaving.

Dot checks are nothing new and happens all the time. You just happened to be caught in one. Usually buses are empty unless the driver was speeding, but IF YOU SAY other buses was pulled over then it was dot checks.

Your time seems a bit off. Your basically saying njt held you and its pax hostage for nearly 4hrs? Howell is not that far.....

The driver was DOT'd, and he forgot his driver license caught 2 birds in one stone. Thanks to him being irresponsable now all 319 drivers must show their dls before leaving.

Dot checks are nothing new and happens all the time. You just happened to be caught in one. Usually buses are empty unless the driver was speeding, but IF YOU SAY other buses was pulled over then it was dot checks.

Your time seems a bit off. Your basically saying njt held you and its pax hostage for nearly 4hrs? Howell is not that far.....

Usually they have the check station down by Wall Twp, but its been closed lately. No the delay wasn't 4 hours, it was 2 hours and 20 minutes. But the trip almost did take that long, left PABT at 8:30am and didn't arrive in Toms River until 12:15pm. It didn't help the 2nd driver didn't go above 50mph the whole trip, but I can't blame him, NJSP were pulling alot of ppl over. 

I havent been near the 319 because of the njsp. They pull anything over. We get dot checks on the ace also, but its not often but you better have your paperwork in order. Driving w/o your cdl is pretty much a date in court, big fine and/or suspension.

I havent been near the 319 because of the njsp. They pull anything over. We get dot checks on the ace also, but its not often but you better have your paperwork in order. Driving w/o your cdl is pretty much a date in court, big fine and/or suspension.

Wow, things have changed since I driven. NJSP never pulled me over even when I had a un-governed bus. But, you gotta have your LIC and Medical Card with you at ALL times. That's insane

Speaking off NJT pulled over by NJSP, now today's my Manhattanville B/O Friend and I witness driver on CitySight NY #876 PULLED OVER BY NYPD for license with full of tourists inside.  It around 17:25 near 90s.

What going with some bus drivers LATELY?

this is my theory after reading this forum. I believe they are pulling these buses over more then you think ever since all these bus crashes out there especially the BRONX incident. They probably checking all the drivers for safety to make sure they are fully alert to drive. Now with that driver who forgot his license is an idiot. It should been in wallace in his pant pocket not his backpack in depot. what a moron.

Reminder is just a theory of all these buses being pulled over. I can be wrong.  

Speaking of valuables, even riders who are deep into tech such as cell phone, I-phone, they're not aware of their surrending, even when they paid their fare on bus; on train.

I even see people put their valuables in back pocket, even MTA and other officers asked them to put in front where they could see.

Archived