Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094 and received a letter to take BOSS exam for TA

lawkev

Make sure you ask if you take the MTA BUS job,you still will be allowed to take the TA BUS job when they get to your number!!!!!!!!!

I think I made that clear in my previous post.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be starting class on the first for TA Bus, not MTA Bus

and my list number is 168*....so when it comes to list number, thats irrelevant for B/O. Flowerpwr is 163*. I dont know how they are doing their hiring.

I think they mean something but not everything. After completing the training I will reinstate myself for TA. You are not out of the woods until you complete the traning. We are all happy for the opportunity but it ain't over till its over. Wish you all the best.

What the major difference between the 3 divisions MTA Bus, TA & Mabstoa (OA) is starts in the benefits (rate of pay, pass privileges, pension etc) and of course as you know in OA you are limited to drive in certain areas. Also with MTA bus right now they are offering PT positions and this will also limit where you will be able to work as there are limited PT bus depots and goes straight back to benefits MTA bus is not giving passes, there is no NYCERS pension and you are being offered $17+ /he instead of $20+ /he..

If I left out something or made any mistakes in my discriptions someone please correct me as I don't want to pass on incorrect information.

Good for you Syrenity! As for your previuos post then MTA bus does give you a pass but it is a surface pass. I think that means that it is only good on the bus. Maybe only on MTA buses. I'm not sure. I am sure of the fact that they are hiring full time. The College Point depot starting pay rate is 21 an hour. That is the same as TA's starting rate. However, TA and OA are better.

OK, so I looked at the original letter I got re: the bus operator survery and it's from the MTA New York City Transit - and the letter states starting pay is 20.96 for BUS OPERATOR TA...so it seems to me (and I could be very wrong) that the MTA and TA bus operator are the same thing where MABSTOA is different...please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 

On another note, I am going down tomorrow to retake the drug test because the original I took on 5/21 has expired (for exam 8094 bus op).  I will try to get more info as to where they are in calling for bus ops and conductors and post as soon as I know (if I find out anything).  I am also taking all my paper work with me (the 20 page application) just because, hey you never know maybe they'll want more when I am there if i have it. LOL...

Also, I have been taking driving lessons for the CDL and am ready to take my road test so I am hoping to schedule that ASAP so that will be one less thing to worry about if and when i get called.   This whole process is very nerve wracking. 

Thank you. There will still be a wait for final processing but a step closer and i'll take it. I only said the pass thing because when I reported for my second BOSS survey they passed out that paper for PT B/O offer for MTA Bus. And on it they indicated we would not receive transportation passes of benefits. The hr's were Mon-Sat end the pay was $17. xxx/ hr. Some got the same letters in the mail.

Good for you Syrenity! As for your previuos post then MTA bus does give you a pass but it is a surface pass. I think that means that it is only good on the bus. Maybe only on MTA buses. I'm not sure. I am sure of the fact that they are hiring full time. The College Point depot starting pay rate is 21 an hour. That is the same as TA's starting rate. However, TA and OA are better.

Good luck tomorrow. Yes I am doing the same @ CDL lessons and also planned to take paperwork just in case.

OK, so I looked at the original letter I got re: the bus operator survery and it's from the MTA New York City Transit - and the letter states starting pay is 20.96 for BUS OPERATOR TA...so it seems to me (and I could be very wrong) that the MTA and TA bus operator are the same thing where MABSTOA is different...please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 

On another note, I am going down tomorrow to retake the drug test because the original I took on 5/21 has expired (for exam 8094 bus op).  I will try to get more info as to where they are in calling for bus ops and conductors and post as soon as I know (if I find out anything).  I am also taking all my paper work with me (the 20 page application) just because, hey you never know maybe they'll want more when I am there if i have it. LOL...

Also, I have been taking driving lessons for the CDL and am ready to take my road test so I am hoping to schedule that ASAP so that will be one less thing to worry about if and when i get called.   This whole process is very nerve wracking.

Your questions are answered here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/32152-is-it-a-really-big-difference-between-mabstoa-and-ta-bus-operators/

and here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/1610-difference-between-mta-bus-company-and-nyc-transit/

My starting rate with MTA bus is 20.96 for full time.

i got no info while i was down there - they really didn't want to any questions while i was there and honestly i was in too much of a rush (i had to get back to work) to really press the issue...they just eluded to the fact that I am getting very close to being called but of course couldn't tell me when.  we shall see

on another note - my husband hasn't heard anything from the B/o selection survey he took June 12th - now we wait for him to get that letter to go down for the pre employ drug test ....waiting is NOT my strong suit LOL :wacko:

still waiting myself smh...went down for drug test on may21st and still no call back...list# 1750s

My opinion: I think you need to make a visit or phone call bright and early Monday morning based on your list number. Since a training class starts Monday that's a wrap however, there's talk of another class on the 15th maybe you will be able to get in that one. Only saying so because i'm unsure in what order they are calling numbers but, mines is 39xx and I'm going in for DT tuesday and I've seen some with numbers in the 28xx range start final processing and are about to begin training so you should have been called for final processing {provided you've passed your DT}

Good luck and keep us posted.

My opinion: I think you need to make a visit or phone call bright and early Monday morning based on your list number. Since a training class starts Monday that's a wrap however, there's talk of another class on the 15th maybe you will be able to get in that one. Only saying so because i'm unsure in what order they are calling numbers but, mines is 39xx and I'm going in for DT tuesday and I've seen some with numbers in the 28xx range start final processing and are about to begin training so you should have been called for final processing {provided you've passed your DT}

i did call and she said i will receive a notice in the mail...but doesnt kno when? smh.

Yeah that sounds like a brush off answer. Personally I'd be concerned. Not sure who you spoke with but, they (obviously) just may not be the gate keeper and/or have a difinitive answer they choose to share. It just seems really strange that the numbers that are being called are all over the place and not in sequence (none that any of us waiting can make sense of anyhow) even if it's just for DT or for medical. I remember this process when I went previously and DT/medical was the same thing and done on the same day. However I guess it was changed for a reason. Makes no sense to waste time and $ on a medical if a person doesn't pass a DT is probably the train of thought.

As far as the list numbers go it doesn't make sense to call a bunch of folk's in too early past the numbers you expect to reach in the immediate future only to have them in a situation where they will have to retake the DT which is what i'm seeing quite a few have had to do so far. Unless this is another hiring strategy that's also a waste of money. Honestly I don't want to have to take anything twice but if it expires and the situation calls for it so be it.

You should find out whats going on, because I have to report for my drug test on Tuesday 7/2 which my list number is 29XX.

Exactly! @ transit bx.

@ TransitMan23: There is clearly an unexplained reason why transit bx has 29XX and I have 39XX and we both have to report this week for DT while you haven't been called in for a DT and your number is in the 1750 range.

To my knowledge folk's with numbers in that range and the early-mid 2000's range have already finished processing and most if not all have gone through training (some might have had medical or other holds to clear up) However something is definitely up. Find out what that is by any means.

Yeah that sounds like a brush off answer. Personally I'd be concerned. Not sure who you spoke with but, they (obviously) just may not be the gate keeper and/or have a difinitive answer they choose to share. It just seems really strange that the numbers that are being called are all over the place and not in sequence (none that any of us waiting can make sense of anyhow) even if it's just for DT or for medical. I remember this process when I went previously and DT/medical was the same thing and done on the same day. However I guess it was changed for a reason. Makes no sense to waste time and $ on a medical if a person doesn't pass a DT is probably the train of thought.

As far as the list numbers go it doesn't make sense to call a bunch of folk's in too early past the numbers you expect to reach in the immediate future only to have them in a situation where they will have to retake the DT which is what i'm seeing quite a few have had to do so far. Unless this is another hiring strategy that's also a waste of money. Honestly I don't want to have to take anything twice but if it expires and the situation calls for it so be it.

Yeah, the two and three drug test thing is crazy. Then they tell you to keep your job. Most jobs don't allow all of these days off at short notice. Who knows they might be trying to get the drug addicts out of the way first by calling you months before they are ready.

@TransitMan23 Call (347) 643-8223

Yeah, the two and three drug test thing is crazy. Then they tell you to keep your job. Most jobs don't allow all of these days off at short notice. Who knows they might be trying to get the drug addicts out of the way first by calling you months before they are ready.

It is crazy to split it up the same tests & processing has to be done whether it's 1 day or 2. maybe it was too much for them to handle in one day or they are stretching it out time wise to coincide w/ expected training classes who knows. Your right at taking so much time off folks could wind up jobless just trying to process. You have a good point @ drug addicts Lol, what's so funny is there are so many of them already on the payroll system wide.

I took the dt already waiting for medical...but the dt expired...im going to call today again and find out whats going on..I called them twice and they keep saying a letter will be sent smh...

They may not have forgotten you. There are others who number is 16xx and just took a second drug test.

If someone finds out what number they are up to for training please post.

Thanks

Archived