You, a railfan?  Would've never believed it until now.

Some awesome pics and vids I must add.

You gotta visit NYC and just ride the (7) one day. It's a serious joyride on the < 7 > express runs, T/O's hitting 50 MPH+ in some sections of the elevated portions. Just wait until the R188's hit the road with the massive horsepower on the Bombardiar traction motors it's equiped with running on a CBTC equiped system. As it is, the R62's running on this IRT line certaintly run with roaring power with their Westinghouse 1447J motors and Adtranz propulsion systems.

Even with the retired redbirds it was fun just riding the line.

The MTA certaintly is progressing with the IRT Flushing line making it into a mean machine of a rapid transit line. Wait until the IND QBL CBTC project starts, another line originally built for SPEED ......

Cait Sith, this thread is a gem. +1!

You gotta visit NYC and just ride the (7) one day. It's a serious joyride on the < 7 > express runs, T/O's hitting 50 MPH+ in some sections of the elevated portions. Just wait until the R188's hit the road with the massive horsepower on the Bombardiar traction motors it's equiped with running on a CBTC equiped system. As it is, the R62's running on this IRT line certaintly run with roaring power with their Westinghouse 1447J motors and Adtranz propulsion systems.

Even with the retired redbirds it was fun just riding the line.

The MTA certaintly is progressing with the IRT Flushing line making it into a mean machine of a rapid transit line. Wait until the IND QBL CBTC project starts, another line originally built for SPEED ......

Cait Sith, this thread is a gem. +1!

Thanks for the travel advice. If I ever plan to get up back to the NY area I'll make it clear to everyone, lol.

And yes, this thread is great, no doubt.

Archived