Rumors have it....

EliteOperator81

Apologies for the double post, as I couldn't edit my earlier post.

You know I was wondering, would it be possible for an outside contractor to enter and take control of operations at Spring Creek while remaining under the MTA brand?

That would be interesting, seeing a bus in MTA livery, then having a MV or First Decal on the side somewhere.

True that. But I don't know if the buses will continue to be MTA/city property, hell the new company or the City may order an entirely new fleet for this operation especially if the MTA gets bitchy about keeping the buses.

Its not like the Long Island situation where the buses and everything in the depots belonged to Nassau County. I believe MTA owns all the buses that MTAB now operates. If a new company were to takeover operations at Spring Creek, would either have to come with their own buses, or lease them from the MTA.

The MTA or the state? The rumor according to the OP is that the state is saying it's too expensive to run in which case everyone here talking about a selling of property and routes isn't happening because the state has no say what the MTA does. If the MTA says they no longer want to operate S.C. depot then that's different. However, the state will just continue to say that S.C. is too expensive in a long line of things that they complain about being too expensive at the MTA already.

Rumor squasher! MTA already owns S.C. and thus the state doesn't pay anything for it.

Correction, it is currently owned by the New York City Department of Transportation and is leased to MTA Bus. The situation is similar at other former private line depots.

As I said earlier, I'd expect the MTA to step in prior to any takeovers. Maybe they'll shift routes and in the future a new site could be located elsewhere.

I believe a year ago the title was sold from NYCDOT to the MTA. I remember talking to someone who had more knowledge and they told me that S.C. was officially transferred over to the MTA, as was JFK, FR and Yonkers.

I'll keep that in mind. If that is indeed the case it's more likely for the MTA to shift Spring Creek's routes and staff around to other depots if the operation costs are that high.

At this point I feel there is to much baseless assumption though, so I'll wait it out for a while.

I'll keep that in mind. If that is indeed the case it's more likely for the MTA to shift Spring Creek's routes and staff around to other depots if the operation costs are that high.

At this point I feel there is to much baseless assumption though, so I'll wait it out for a while.

as part of the take over the depots were leased by the ta for a time from the companies that previosley owend the realistate were the depots stand. as for sc and cp which were built by the city (dot) and now owned by the mta outrite i believe.

In a perfect world, this would happen:

B100, BM1, 3, 4-Flatbush

B103, BM2, 5-East New York

That's if this "rumor" is true

BC-TA transfers prohibited, not to mention ATU throwing a fit.

Like I said, they really can't move anything around to/from SC without some union throwing a fit. The privatization rumor doesn't sound so far out because of that, even after the MTA Bus merger is completed there's not much they'll be able to do with SC because the unions will remain the same.

Wasn't the Q8 suppose to split with SC when it got extended to Spring Creek. The B100 I can clearly see being cut to allow a boost on the B2 and they may extend it to the Current B100 terminal. Idk about the B103 but that route has grown a lot from the Command days. The merger needs to hurry up so MTAB depots can be relieved like LGA.

Wasn't the Q8 suppose to split with SC when it got extended to Spring Creek. The B100 I can clearly see being cut to allow a boost on the B2 and they may extend it to the Current B100 terminal. Idk about the B103 but that route has grown a lot from the Command days. The merger needs to hurry up so MTAB depots can be relieved like LGA.

It was, then ATU 1179 (JFK) and 1181 (SC) got involved and the plan got scrapped.

It's funny, these aren't different unions per se, just different locals of the ATU and they still manage to fight with each other. <_<

It was, then ATU 1179 (JFK) and 1181 (SC) got involved and the plan got scrapped.

It's funny, these aren't different unions per se, just different locals of the ATU and they still manage to fight with each other. <_<

ATU 1181 might as well be an entirely different union, especially given their former history involving criminal acts.

When is this merger suppose to be complete wasn't it 2014 or 2015?

What is the difference between the depot being leased to the MTA and it being owned by the MTA. Things still seem the same and the bus signs are still the same in Queens in Brooklyn and Bronx they were replaced a long time ago.

I obviously know if the Depot is owned by the (MTA) they control it but is there more to it.

When is this merger suppose to be complete wasn't it 2014 or 2015?

What is the difference between the depot being leased to the MTA and it being owned by the MTA. Things still seem the same and the bus signs are still the same in Queens in Brooklyn and Bronx they were replaced a long time ago.

I obviously know if the Depot is owned by the (MTA) they control it but is there more to it.

Rumor has it that they're waiting for the last of the ex-pbl employees currently working for MTA bus to retire or quit..

Archived