Yet another shooting: this time in NJ

mfs NJT459

He just affiliates with the Republican party too much. This is how politics f**k with your mind. It alters your thinking. Like I said, sheep.

Well the reality is that too many people are being brainwashed today lacking the critical thinking skills to sift though the propaganda bullshit hurled at them in the schools and on the media on the networks or on the net. Going with the flow of the status quo. It's quite troubling to me how some mindlessly go with so called popular opinion in droves. I'm saying this from a POV of one who does not affiliate himself with any political party but rather focuses more on judicial and human rights issue which i take a keen interest to..

Say the conservatives out to make firearms everyone's business. Can't they shut the f**k up and keep it in their basement (metaphorically speaking) like everyone else?

As long as the left tries to trample the 2nd Amendment, the right will be here to defend it for the good of the American people.

As long as the left tries to trample the 2nd Amendment, the right will be here to defend it for the good of the American people.

Then in effect you support the 2nd amendment. Not that I am personally taking it the wrong way but you are inconsistent with your comments. Because you lean to the right as a tea party aligned conservative am I correct?

He just affiliates with the Republican party too much. This is how politics f**k with your mind. It alters your thinking. Like I said, sheep.

The sheep here are most of Liberal America. The MSM (existing far beyond MSMBC, including MTV, modern music, celebrities and the like) tells the people what they think is "right" and the world just goes along and thinks the same. Conservatives are free thinkers who take the time to do their own research and make up their own minds, not going along with whatever the MSM says. Not to say there aren't smart liberals who do the same, but they certainly have brainwashed more people than the right.

Then in effect you support the 2nd amendment. Not that I am personally taking it the wrong way but you are inconsistent with your comments. Because you lean to the right as a tea party aligned conservative am I correct?

Don't know if you read my above post but I always supported the 2nd Amendment. Never, ever stood against it.

Don't know if you read my above post but I always supported the 2nd Amendment. Never, ever stood against it.

An astute American citizen who is conservative, who is in support of the second amendment, would support decent gun control measures. Do you need a AK-47 to hunt down some deer in Idaho? Answer me.

An astute American citizen who is conservative, who is in support of the second amendment, would support decent gun control measures. Do you need a AK-47 to hunt down some deer in Idaho? Answer me.

To say that the 2nd doesn't apply to AK-47s is like saying the 1st doesn't apply online or on TV. The founders never saw them coming!

Besides, the ability to own weapons like that is necessary for an overthrow of an oppressive government, the right of the people to do when necessary. Once government attempts to restrict them, it shows said government is or is going to be oppressive and is preparing itself for an overthrow. I am NOT threatening violence against the US Government, I am simply pointing out the right of the people to overthrow oppressive government.

Well the reality is that too many people are being brainwashed today lacking the critical thinking skills to sift though the propaganda bullshit hurled at them in the schools and on the media on the networks or on the net. Going with the flow of the status quo. It's quite troubling to me how some mindlessly go with so called popular opinion in droves. I'm saying this from a POV of one who does not affiliate himself with any political party but rather focuses more on judicial and human rights issue which i take a keen interest to..

Yes, exactly. People need to shift focus from a consistent view pertaining to one sole political party and step out of the norm now and then. Contrary to belief, as a left leaning person I do tend to take an independent stance every so often on a wide variety of issues. Even on the subject at hand, as I did explain earlier today.

The right is meaningless. Soon all these affiliations will be meaningless. Open your eyes to the bigger things on the horizon.

The sheep here are most of Liberal America. The MSM (existing far beyond MSMBC, including MTV, modern music, celebrities and the like) tells the people what they think is "right" and the world just goes along and thinks the same. Conservatives are free thinkers who take the time to do their own research and make up their own minds, not going along with whatever the MSM says. Not to say there aren't smart liberals who do the same, but they certainly have brainwashed more people than the right.

Do you even grasp the context of what the hell you're saying? I'm willing to bet you're just saying half of this crap because Google/YouTube blocked some content of Viacom's (MTV, CBS, etc.) that you wished to access. Now I get it. You're one of those let's rage on Viacom people. Who old are you again, 10?

And besides, listen to yourself, you're following politics cut and dry, leaving no grey area to think for yourself. Man, snap out of it.

To say that the 2nd doesn't apply to AK-47s is like saying the 1st doesn't apply online or on TV. The founders never saw them coming!

Besides, the ability to own weapons like that is necessary for an overthrow of an oppressive government, the right of the people to do when necessary. Once government attempts to restrict them, it shows said government is or is going to be oppressive and is preparing itself for an overthrow. I am NOT threatening violence against the US Government, I am simply pointing out the right of the people to overthrow oppressive government.

The 1st amendment doesn't exactly apply to privately owned websites, that's the first thing. The TOS outlined on social media sites is a legal binding document that protects site owners from lawsuits from users of the site. The media networks have to report to the White House Press Committee under threat of taking away the licences of journalists on the grounds of hearsay if they report in a tone that goes against national interests.

Secondly, today if ever, Democracy is only relative. The US Constitution is not etched in stone. It's how the US Judicial courts interprets the constitution that makes or breaks the rights of each individual citizen. This is why you are seeing state sovereignties misapplying constitutional rights for many in this country through loopholes in the judicial and congressional process. Latest examples: The US Government shutdown. Stop and Frisk ruling overturn in NYC, and many other examples. That is what I am trying to relate to you.

Yes, exactly. People need to shift focus from a consistent view pertaining to one sole political party and step out of the norm now and then. Contrary to belief, as a left leaning person I do tend to take an independent stance every so often on a wide variety of issues. Even on the subject at hand, as I did explain earlier today.

Indeed. In other words: Think out of the box.

Goodness gracious, are you listening to yourself? Your further more patronizing Conservatives, just to make your point relative. At least have the decency to speak for yourself.

Goodness gracious, are you listening to yourself? Your further more patronizing Conservatives, just to make your point relative. At least have the decency to speak for yourself.

The new generation in a nutshell.

The new generation in a nutshell.

The new generation is 90% leftist thanks to MSM brainwashing.

Do you even grasp the context of what the hell you're saying? I'm willing to bet you're just saying half of this crap because Google/YouTube blocked some content of Viacom's (MTV, CBS, etc.) that you wished to access. Now I get it. You're one of those let's rage on Viacom people. Who old are you again, 10?

And besides, listen to yourself, you're following politics cut and dry, leaving no grey area to think for yourself. Man, snap out of it.

Oh man you got me! I was trying to watch Spongebob on YouTube and it got taken down! Now I'm mad at Viacom and the MSM!

Thinking for myself, something half this country can't do, is the whole reason I think the way I do.

PS-notice how I'm being reasonable, not resorting to yelling, name-calling or any other general rudeness. Completely unnecessary.

This is why I don't not support either political affiliation: Really both parties are swaying the public into agendas that does not in reality support the needs of the commonfolk in this country, instead catering to many times global special interest groups comprising of the wealthy at the expense of the lower middle class and the poor. Either way, supporting foreign wars in order to bring in revenue through the continued manufacturing of weapons of mass destruction. Either way trying to fabricate a falsified status quo through this capitalist government, blinding the public with false propaganda, with the establishment of unwritten social rules of conduct, by economically and mentally oppressing them. Meanwhile the racial, gender, and economic divides continue to widen to bounds unknown, never seen in modern US history before.

I am yet to hear of a government ruling over a multicultural nation that is actually serving the needs of the people in a way that is in line with basic human rights and true ethical justice. 

These problems goes way beyond political affiliation. 

This is why I don't not support either political affiliation: Really both parties are swaying the public into agendas that does not in reality support the needs of the commonfolk in this country, instead catering to many times global special interest groups comprising of the wealthy at the expense of the lower middle class and the poor. Either way, supporting foreign wars in order to bring in revenue through the continued manufacturing of weapons of mass destruction. Either way trying to fabricate a falsified status quo through this capitalist government, blinding the public with false propaganda, with the establishment of unwritten social rules of conduct, by economically and mentally oppressing them. Meanwhile the racial, gender, and economic divides continue to widen to bounds unknown, never seen in modern US history before.

I am yet to hear of a government ruling over a multicultural nation that is actually serving the needs of the people in a way that is in line with basic human rights and true ethical justice.

These problems goes way beyond political affiliation.

I agree, and I myself even distance myself from mainstream Republicanism.

Even though I've said in the past being called a libertarian isn't my favorite thing since I don't want to be confused with leftist libertarians such as the ACLU, I consider myself a conservative libertarian, not a mainstream Republican or "teabagger". Too many bad apples on our end now (and the other as well) who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves.

Oh man you got me! I was trying to watch Spongebob on YouTube and it got taken down! Now I'm mad at Viacom and the MSM!

Thinking for myself, something half this country can't do, is the whole reason I think the way I do.

PS-notice how I'm being reasonable, not resorting to yelling, name-calling or any other general rudeness. Completely unnecessary.

Sure. Mainstream media is at fault for everything wrong in society. Luckily people like you still have shitty outposts like CNN and FOX, where one can incoherently ramble on without addressing anything directly for a full 60 minute time slot, and then have the audacity to call it a show.

Viacom and media bullshit aside I can see that otherwise you seemed to enjoy this debate, which was nothing shot of bullshit and borderline trolling, but hey, that's what the Rep's do best.

Closing statement: My advice, take a chill pill.

My personal belief is that gun crime is rarely different from any other crime, and is more often than not tied to poverty and desperation than to anything else. Furthermore I'd argue that the most numerous victims of gun crimes don't come from freak shootings like this, but rather from a steady flow of armed robberies/assaults gone wrong, gang fights, domestic incidents and the like; each individual one may only claim one or two people but added up across the entire city that turns into a hell of a lot of people. Furthermore, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of these incidents grow out of a culture of despair and desperation that we never really excised from our poorer neighborhoods; to that end I'd be interested in doing the following things all at the same time as an experiment of sorts:

(1) Implement single-payer healthcare (including free semiannual mental health checkups with a qualified therapist) for metro area residents, and dramatically improve both the quality and quantity of mental health care available to most people in the working and middle classes (as well as the poor).

(2) Dramatically strengthen welfare, and switch more of it over to a jobs program, similar in spirit to the CCC and the WPA, that benefit recipients would be automatically enrolled in. The program would need to offer some combination of: 

-Training in real skills that are currently in demand in the job market; an example of this would be classes leading to Cisco certification (enabling graduates to move into the IT industry and do quite well there), or an apprenticeship program leading to an electrician's or plumber's license. 

-Some kind of paid work similar to the sorts of things done under the original WPA (infrastructure renewal, work on historic sites, and so on). 

-Under that scheme, both classes and jobs would pay on the order of $13.50-$15 per hour, and participants would be responsible for cobbling together some combination of training and work that added up to 40-50 hours per week. 

-You'd need to add the usual exemptions for parents with young children (or provide childcare for such parents), the elderly, the disabled, and so on, but other than that most if not all currently unemployed recipients of welfare and food stamps would be transferred over to the new program. Furthermore, people who are receiving benefits while working one or more jobs would also be eligible to transfer into the new program if they so chose. 

(3) Move into a lot of the areas in NYC that are currently slated to be filled with luxury condos and redevelop them into high-density, low-rise, mixed income housing targeted at working- and middle-class people, with a significant but not overwhelming number of Section 8 slots sprinkled throughout the development (rather than concentrated into a few buildings). Where feasible, replace old NYCHA projects with affordable mixed-income housing of this type, and zone the area for supermarkets, local small businesses/retail, maybe a little light industry here and there. The goal is to break up the ghettos and replace them with mixed-race, mixed-income neighborhoods that are capable of housing and supporting our poor without succumbing to blight.

(4) Once all of those measures have been properly completed, and about four or five years have passed for the city to adjust and the kinks to be worked out, I'd like to relax gun laws in the NYC metro area (not to the extent that they're relaxed in AZ or TX, but maybe to the extent that they're relaxed in suburban eastern MA). People who pass a basic firearms safety and proficiency class, who have no criminal record beyond things like moving violations or failure to clean up after their dogs, and who have a clean bill of mental health would be able to apply for and (barring extraordinary circumstances) get a permit for a handgun.

Permits would be revoked upon commission of a felony, involuntary commission to a mental health facility, or conviction of reckless endangerment with a firearm (in other words being a dumbass with a gun in a manner that could have seriously injured someone); permits would be suspended upon arrest for any felony or violent misdemeanor or arrest for a domestic violence incident until such time as the situation is resolved in favor of the defendant.

If I'm right, then parts (1) through (3) of this experiment will dramatically reduce the size, improve the living conditions, and break up dysfunctional elements of NYC's population of poor people, and in doing so will dramatically reduce overall crime (including gun crime). Furthermore, the creation of strong, tight-knit blue-collar neighborhoods should also help create an environment where guns are far more likely to be used to prevent crimes than to commit them, and finally readily available free mental health screenings will help dramatically reduce the number of mentally ill people that slip through the cracks and hurt themselves or others. As a result, it should become much safer to have the number of gun owners in the metro area increase dramatically, and thus part (4) shouldn't create much of an increase in the number of gun crime victims in the NYC metro area. Thoughts?

Archived