NJ Transit: Two-thirds of customers surveyed report high satisfaction

Turbo19

And stop making Academy out to be the holy grail of NJ's commuter bus system.

I have to say, outside of their assistance w/ the #136 (at least) [or the rt. 9 routes in general], academy blows.....

I am not putting their commuter services on a pedestal, because it is simply not deserving of it IMO....

Nope beacause bus service does exist called academy however what he is aiming for is intrastate routes if you read up on your NJT history you would know those type of routes will FAIL remember 330& 61? Ect and many others? Also if academy is so bad offer $$ to actually upgrade service. Academy is only getting buses from NJT with zero financial assistance. Plus the fares are not that much higher than NJT anyway. FYI rail passes work on 139 at no extra charge and unlike bus passes let you even explore the state at your leisure. 

The 116 structure and 2 the NJCL is NJT's worst line the only one that sucks more is the Atlantic city line.

I don't know if it's you disagreeing with him, or you completely missing the point now..... Nobody is saying service doesn't exist, what's being stated is that NJT should perhaps run service over Academy...... Academy is a private operator, NJT is not - That's the point..... He doesn't want to offer money to Academy, he would rather have NJT run those services in that part of Central Jersey..... What you're suggesting would defeat the purpose......

As for that last bit.... I'd disagree that the NJCL is NJT's worst line (outside of AC) - That honor indubitably goes to the NEC.....

As far as this topic goes, I forgot to mention that I don't even think it's the north jersey folks that ride NJT buses within the state, that largely comprises these 2/3rds of riders..... For some odd reason, I don't get the sense that the rail riders are all that enthralled with service either..... This is why I think it's solely the folks commuting from NJ to NYC via *some* bus are the riders/customers that are highly satisfied.... Especially the bus routes that are no where near train service up there in North Jersey.....

That's a stupid question. I live in those areas.

And stop making Academy out to be the holy grail of NJ's commuter bus system. They steal money out of my (and every other NJ resident's) paychecks to use for their own financial gain.

And wasn't it you who told me that NJT funds them? Now you're going back on your word huh? That's what I thought.

So if the NJCL sucks so bad and Academy isn't funded well, how are those people gonna get to NY? Walk there? Crowd up the roads more? Call up iron man so he fly them there?

No just have NJT do all the bus service down there. NJT can use the Leonardo garage.

How bout instead of guessing what people down here want, you board an Academy bus headed for Route 36 and talk to some of them. Ask them if they'd prefer NJT on Route 36 instead.

Oh and pjbr, the reason Academy is crowded is because they use nothing but D4000s and they're the only bus service heading to NYC from that general area and most of their clientele are people who don't wanna be bothered with the train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shuttles are funded however NY bound services are NOT pay attention. B35 already put it there. Ain't nobody got time for your tantrums for a NJ resident you know very little. However if NJT were to take em over then sure that would be nice. Realistically yeah.

I have to say, outside of their assistance w/ the #136 (at least) [or the rt. 9 routes in general], academy blows.....

I am not putting their commuter services on a pedestal, because it is simply not deserving of it IMO....

I don't know if it's you disagreeing with him, or you completely missing the point now..... Nobody is saying service doesn't exist, what's being stated is that NJT should perhaps run service over Academy...... Academy is a private operator, NJT is not - That's the point..... He doesn't want to offer money to Academy, he would rather have NJT run those services in that part of Central Jersey..... What you're suggesting would defeat the purpose......

As for that last bit.... I'd disagree that the NJCL is NJT's worst line (outside of AC) - That honor indubitably goes to the NEC.....

I missed the point I was going by frequency.

transit kid really miss the point of the whole thing. i don't think he ever took marketing class. Just to point out any seat that had not been used during the trip are consider perishable. it a loss of money He probably got on the crowded time and never rode a bus where it not crowded. i rode some njt bus where is i am the only person on the bus because it was the second bus after everyone was in work. this is where they lose money. if they want to increase service every bus need to be full all the time, not just holiday or seasonal time, so they can spread the crowd out properly. of course it suck that you have to wait longer then expected but there nothing you can do until more and more people ride the public transportation. it tough to run it because you don't know how good you will be able to keep passengers with you in that area where they think it best route.

transit kid really miss the point of the whole thing. i don't think he ever took marketing class. Just to point out any seat that had not been used during the trip are consider perishable. it a loss of money He probably got on the crowded time and never rode a bus where it not crowded. i rode some njt bus where is i am the only person on the bus because it was the second bus after everyone was in work. this is where they lose money. if they want to increase service every bus need to be full all the time, not just holiday or seasonal time, so they can spread the crowd out properly. of course it suck that you have to wait longer then expected but there nothing you can do until more and more people ride the public transportation. it tough to run it because you don't know how good you will be able to keep passengers with you in that area where they think it best route.
.......right

I am not putting their commuter services on a pedestal, because it is simply not deserving of

You mean the 136 EPRESS? Lol

Lol.... Yeah, that cracks me up when I see it too.

In fairness to me though, never claimed Acadeny weren't spelling deficient :lol:

(that's not a typo btw.... I saw a bus along Rt. 9 today that showed "ACADENY" in the destination signage... smh)

I find that very EPRESSIVE.....

Archived