R1/R9 museum train

Tracknut

• 2 weeks later...

They need special training to operate that train. The way they normally do it the T/O assigned comes from Work Trains Subdivision C. They don't let any of the Road T/O's operate it.

I will be riding the Train next wkend for that fan trips its looking very disapointing. They got 2 Track work Projects section. The first is NO Train service between Howard Beach and The Rockaways and # 2 Shuttle trains running between 207 Street and 168 Street.

They need special training to operate that train. The way they normally do it the T/O assigned comes from Work Trains Subdivision C. They don't let any of the Road T/O's operate it.

I will be riding the Train next wkend for that fan trips its looking very disapointing. They got 2 Track work Projects section. The first is NO Train service between Howard Beach and The Rockaways and # 2 Shuttle trains running between 207 Street and 168 Street.

Damn, those G.O.s really screwed the trip over. Its going to be hard to chase that thing around, I don't think I'll be able to get a ticket cause they might be sold out by now. I'll see if I can give Luz a call tomorrow to see if any tickets are left.

• 2 years later...
I was wondering myself where they stored that baby at. I got to get myself over to the Transit Museum.

The ones that are used on the fantrips (the IRT TOMC, Lo-Vs and the Arnines) are stored at 207 St. Yard. The others are at Coney Island.

The ones that are used on the fantrips (the IRT TOMC, Lo-Vs and the Arnines) are stored at 207 St. Yard. The others are at Coney Island.

Not exactly true. The NYTM cars (100,484,1575) are stored at the Museum except immediately before and after trips.

381, 401, 1802, 1000, 1300 are stored in 207 Yd. 103 (non operational) is uptown also.

The cars in Coney Island are not under going restoration and are used for storage. Those are 923 and 925.

The TOMC "extra" cars are at 207 Yd, however the R12, 15, 17, and 33WF single are stored in the Museum.

The Lo-V motor cars are currently at 207 Yd but they have been other places in the past (like E180 and 239 during last fall when the Yankee specials were running). The trailer is stored in the Museum.

they should let us all operate it at least 1 time!!!! lol............

they should let us all operate it at least 1 time!!!! lol............

Absolutely not. As of the last trip, car 1000 had some bad flats and the wheels will soon need to be replaced. This is a major problem because the Arnines use 31" wheels and the supply is low. This is why there are only a few T/Os and TSS who can operate them. AMUE is very different from SMEE and takes some time to adjust to. The way most T/Os operate the R160s (pop and stop), the museum trains would be out of wheels in no time. Square wheel destroy track.

Archived