How Would You Help Direct Subway Service If The 2024 Summer Olympics Came to New York City

Well, there has been talk in the news lately about rumors of Governor Andrew Cuomo starting a campaign to help bring the Olympics to New York City for 2024. So I had a curious idea. How can you direct subway service when the 2024 Olympic Games are in NYC. 

In your response, state these parts:

The location where Cuomo would might suggest building a stadium plainly over the Olympics.

Make sure you address service patterns (you can also add/revive old services as a suggestion. EX; (K) line between 168th Street and WTC to help overcrowding on the  (C) and  (E) .)  

Make sure you use the physical system. No new crossovers.

Oh, and you can use the 2nd Avenue Subway too since you all pretend its 2024. :P

Alright, you all got the rules. Now go out, and share your ideas! Oh, and I forgot. Always be creative! 

No offense to the OP, but can we PLEASE lock this quickly before you know who shows up and suggests something like "Send the N around Coney Island, up the Brighton and onto the Franklin shuttle, because a little old lady from Hoboken will want a direct route to the Bronx from Staten Island..." or something like that.

700px-7_subway_extension_and_hudson_yard

If it aint broke dont fix it, thats my motto.

The plans have changed; the 2024 bid is supposed to be built over a deck at Sunnyside Yard.

That being said, the Olympics in those places would be a terrible idea. Better to put it somewhere that no longer has any use, like say, Corona Park's World Fair site.

This thread will be locked following this post, but I feel this must be said. Any transit plans for a potential Olympic bid will not just be confined to the subway. It's not simply about adding part-time subway lines, but rather the massive coordinated effort required between all of the regional agencies of the MTA, PATH and NJ Transit. For an idea of how that would work out, look at how the Super Bowl was handled earlier this year and imagine that on a much grander scale.

If you still want to continue this conversation, I suggest you do so in the What If? thread linked below.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/30996-subway-what-if/

P.S. Welcome to the forums.

Archived