SI man arrested for stealing bus from the St. George Ferry Terminal

aemoreira81

These people don't need "help" per se.  They need to be taught about self-control and self restraint.  When you're stealing buses, then there is something terribly wrong.  If he has Aspergers, why isn't he being treated for it? He was obviously diagnosed at some point, so where are the parents at? He's 20, but if he was being taken care of by his parents, this would've never spiraled out of control.  Sounds like someone who is crying out for help and attention, and isn't getting it at home.  

These people don't need "help" per se.  They need to be taught about self-control and self restraint.  When you're stealing buses, then there is something terribly wrong.  If he has Aspergers, why isn't he being treated for it? He was obviously diagnosed at some point, so where are the parents at? He's 20, but if he was being taken care of by his parents, this would've never spiraled out of control.  Sounds like someone who is crying out for help and attention, and isn't getting it at home.  

Well, the article says refers to "Foster Father", which implies that he doesn't live with his parents. Secondly, if his foster parent or parents are like a few of the ones I've had in the past, then they don't care about him. They're just in it for the money. That's painful, you know. Only when I got older was I able to do something about it. Of course, I had different method. I just went AWOL.

On the topic of treatment, that costs money. Though, if he's in Care, then ACS's special Medicaid may cover the med costs. Then, there's the subject of if he's taking it or not. When it comes to being in FC and needing to take meds, they will test a few on you first, something I've never liked. Maybe he got fed up and stopped. If that's the reason, I can sympathize with not taking meds. 

What I cannot sympathize with is this action, nor the actions of anyone else who knew about his obsession as well as condition. If the Foster Parents knew about his condition, they should have taken more preventative measures. This means, the Foster Parent or Parents will have some explaining to do. It doesn't matter if he's 20, the city, as well as the foster care agency, is paying you to take care of him. But then again, that agency might not give a shit either. Been there too. 

I can go on aand on, but I have work.

Well, the article says refers to "Foster Father", which implies that he doesn't live with his parents. Secondly, if his foster parent or parents are like a few of the ones I've had in the past, then they don't care about him. They're just in it for the money. That's painful, you know. Only when I got older was I able to do something about it. Of course, I had different method. I just went AWOL.

On the topic of treatment, that costs money. Though, if he's in Care, then ACS's special Medicaid may cover the med costs. Then, there's the subject of if he's taking it or not. When it comes to being in FC and needing to take meds, they will test a few on you first, something I've never liked. Maybe he got fed up and stopped. If that's the reason, I can sympathize with not taking meds. 

What I cannot sympathize with is this action, nor the actions of anyone else who knew about his obsession as well as condition. If the Foster Parents knew about his condition, they should have taken more preventative measures. This means, the Foster Parent or Parents will have some explaining to do. It doesn't matter if he's 20, the city, as well as the foster care agency, is paying you to take care of him. But then again, that agency might not give a shit either. Been there too. 

I can go on aand on, but I have work.

Well yeah, it goes back to him receiving attention from whoever is taking care of him... What's really sad is that some people don't love themselves enough to be able to function in society without receiving tons of attention and affection.  It always amazes how many kids are like this.  They just need someone to believe in them, but at the same time they have to learn how to believe in themselves first and foremost.    

I said he needs to be treated for whatever it is he has wrong with him. We can't blame the parents because we don't know the details. I've seen someone with Asperger's and when it gets to its highest point, it's hard for anyone to control. I agree there is something terribly wrong with him, but without knowing everything, blaming it on his parents is jumping the gun.

Well yeah, it goes back to him receiving attention from whoever is taking care of him... What's really sad is that some people don't love themselves enough to be able to function in society without receiving tons of attention and affection.  It always amazes how many kids are like this.  They just need someone to believe in them, but at the same time they have to learn how to believe in themselves first and foremost.    

If you don't have someone who doesn't believe in you, you can't believe in yourself. You need it instilled in you first. 

I said he needs to be treated for whatever it is he has wrong with him. We can't blame the parents because we don't know the details. I've seen someone with Asperger's and when it gets to its highest point, it's hard for anyone to control. I agree there is something terribly wrong with him, but without knowing everything, blaming it on his parents is jumping the gun.

If you don't have someone who doesn't believe in you, you can't believe in yourself. You need it instilled in you first. 

It doesn't take rocket science to see that this kid is lacking in terms of love and affection.  He doesn't just go out of his way to talk to everyone he sees just because.  I work with kids that have various problems as well, and despite all of that what is usually missing is self-confidence and self-esteem for whatever reason, and it usually stems in some fashion from the parents not doing something or one parent not being present.  All of the kids that I deal with have at least one missing parent in the household, that's probably the case with this kid, so it does indeed go back to the home environment and the type of upbringing that they have to some extent.

You're just proving my point...

It doesn't take rocket science to see that this kid is lacking in terms of love and affection.  He doesn't just go out of his way to talk to everyone he sees just because.  I work with kids that have various problems as well, and despite all of that what is usually missing is self-confidence and self-esteem for whatever reason, and it usually stems in some fashion from the parents not doing something or one parent not being present.  All of the kids that I deal with have at least one missing parent in the household, that's probably the case with this kid, so it does indeed go back to the home environment and the type of upbringing that they have to some extent.

I'm from a one-parent home and although I don't have what he has, every situation is different regarding home lives. Mine is better than most, but we don't know what the parents are like(personality, attitude, etc). We should reserve judgements and/or comments until more comes out about the family.

I'm from a one-parent home and although I don't have what he has, every situation is different regarding home lives. Mine is better than most, but we don't know what the parents are like(personality, attitude, etc). We should reserve judgements and/or comments until more comes out about the family.

Perhaps, but I work with enough kids to have an idea.  I probably shouldn't speculate, but these "complex" issues usually aren't as complex as one may think.  

Part of the reason is someone who has Asperger's is not automatically going to steal a bus or a train. I'm an Aspy, but I'm on the near nuerotypical end. I would have never considering trying to joy ride a bus or a train.  

I also have Aspergers and I would also never consider doing that.

If you really want to drive a bus or operate a train go into training, and if your hired then you can do it.

Some people are too impatient.

Archived