Contract

JoeBaisleyPark

Hopefully by January. I was told whenever the TA get's a new one (I forgot when) is when they will all be merged into 1. That was for OA, TA, and Bus. I'm not sure of all the LIB details yet.

hope its not a long-term contract 'cause then buses will be switched, like RTS at LIB or LIB buses with stupid doors to (MTA), mama-mia! :eek:

• 1 month later...

Good question! I'll start training as a MTA Bus Co. Operator at the end of this month...@ $16.50hr?!:mad:...LMAO...

And already am thinking of testing for the MaBSTOA Bus Operators exam. LMAO!!! It pays $18.84hrs as most us already know.

Money talks and B*&^# sht. walks.

It is not fare to get lesser pay than the other Bus companies when we're all doing the same type of job for the same city.

Good question! I'll start training as a MTA Bus Co. Operator at the end of this month...@ $16.50hr?!:mad:...LMAO...

And already am thinking of testing for the MaBSTOA Bus Operators exam. LMAO!!! It pays $18.84hrs as most us already know.

It is not fare to get lesser pay than the other Bus companies when we're all doing the same type of job for the same city.

When (MTA) Bus gets a new contract you will most likely be getting the same pay as TA and OA.

$16.50 an hour? Luxury. When I started as a Conductor in the early 90's, I was paid minimum wage for the entire training period of six weeks at $4.25 per hour.

I think that MTA Bus will indeed get pay parity with TA and MaBSTOA, but I have a feeling that it'll come with the Regional Bus Co. attached.

• 4 weeks later...

What i like to know is what is on the table for the mta bus contract.will we get parity?updated pension?universal passes? No one seems to really know. I hear everything is on the table,but.. what is everything?
Well there is no Parity (MTA)Long Island Rail Road get's paid more than (MTA)Metro-North Railroad so don't feel bad by the way they do the same job as well

This is VERY complicated!

Right now, the MTA is willing to give parity to MTAB, Universal PASS's and alter some of the pension tiers, but they want the OK for Regional Bus Authority. The reps said no. Resoundingly.

Why?

The MTA's solution to the Union and Senority issues under RBA is to assess them all under their employment start date with MTA.

What does that mean? Well, if you got 20+yrs with Green Line or TCC and you just joined MTA 2yrs ago under the merger, your new senority would be 2yrs. All other senority under PBL is out the window.

That's not all! All current B/O's and others will be grandfathered in as Civil Service employees under MTA. But the MTA wants to the contractual right to have ALL future employees as non-Civil Service. Which means they can be fired at any time with no union grievance. Kinda like Provisional, but worse!

The reps said no and wouldn't even talk with the MTA about any of those conditions, including those from the Private Lines/MTAB reps.

The MTA is trying to hammer out a contract with Local 100 for the DoB and MTAB first and then implementing it with ATU's Locals at Staten Island, QV, JAM, and JFK, Far Rock and SC. Much as they have done with previous contracts.

BTW, Toussiant is for RBA and those givebacks stated.

Also, the (MTA) isn't trying to just swindle and screw Buses, they're going for Subways and MoW, too.

*NOTE*

There should REALLY be a seperate forum or section for these issues, seperate from the public (and mostly the MTA) to be discussed. It would protect employees from harassment and other and talk openly about this. You can do this by having the admin ask for a scan or copy of a TA PASS and their Union card to verify, 1: They're a MTA employee; and 2: They're not management.

Just my opinion on this.

This is VERY complicated!

Right now, the MTA is willing to give parity to MTAB, Universal PASS's and alter some of the pension tiers, but they want the OK for Regional Bus Authority. The reps said no. Resoundingly.

Why?

The MTA's solution to the Union and Senority issues under RBA is to assess them all under their employment start date with MTA.

What does that mean? Well, if you got 20+yrs with Green Line or TCC and you just joined MTA 2yrs ago under the merger, your new senority would be 2yrs. All other senority under PBL is out the window.

That's not all! All current B/O's and others will be grandfathered in as Civil Service employees under MTA. But the MTA wants to the contractual right to have ALL future employees as non-Civil Service. Which means they can be fired at any time with no union grievance. Kinda like Provisional, but worse!

The reps said no and wouldn't even talk with the MTA about any of those conditions, including those from the Private Lines/MTAB reps.

The MTA is trying to hammer out a contract with Local 100 for the DoB and MTAB first and then implementing it with ATU's Locals at Staten Island, QV, JAM, and JFK, Far Rock and SC. Much as they have done with previous contracts.

BTW, Toussiant is for RBA and those givebacks stated.

Also, the (MTA) isn't trying to just swindle and screw Buses, they're going for Subways and MoW, too.

*NOTE*

There should REALLY be a seperate forum or section for these issues, seperate from the public (and mostly the MTA) to be discussed. It would protect employees from harassment and other and talk openly about this. You can do this by having the admin ask for a scan or copy of a TA PASS and their Union card to verify, 1: They're a MTA employee; and 2: They're not management.

Just my opinion on this.

I like the idea myself, but as you know (if you are an MTA employee), some do not want to give out their pass, and I can't blame them. Some of the managers are friends with some rank and file, and can get the rank and file friends on this board, use their pass, in the meanwhile the boss is over their shoulders reading what we say. So they will find out either way.....

I have already stated on this board, and to supervisors (in the DOB and the DOS), my feelings toward MTA. For those who don't know or haven't read my feeling toward them, they suck a$$, due to the lack of respect they have for their rank and file who are the workforce, and who move the people, their disciplinary actions are too harsh for petty stuff, and under the new bosses, things haven't changed one bit. IMO they got worse. Saying that, they do have great pay, great benefits, and great a retirement package. I said great, not excellent or perfect. So I would recommend applying for a career with them.

Again I have said this to the Superintendents, TSSs, Dispatchers (DOB), and others faces. Of course they say if you do the right thing as an employee one will never feel that way. I just tell them nicely "that's bull and they know it", as they have no problem taking money from ones mouth, for petty stuff, while they as hire ups, get away with stuff they should be fired on the spot for. Alot do abuse their powers, and that is why we have a union. (Talking like this is now making me want to got to be a shop steward again, instead of the TSS path again. Problem is Local 100 is too corrupted and too political)........

• 3 weeks later...

I have been monitoring online a La Guardia Bus Depot website... One of the drivers posted this recently. They have been working without a contract for a few years now.

"I would sure hope that we would hear about a contract from our Union-Chair before reading about it on line. No one is going to come out a say ( POST ) on line that we do indeed have a contract when indeed we don't. I haven't heard anything from my guys @ Lga Guardia Depot. This is why we have a Union Committee ( Like them or not ) to let us know and to keep us abreast on things we should be concerned about.

All i know is that i wouldn't want to be in office during this time of ( The Hostile Takeover ) or ( Being without a contract ). Our Union People on a Depot Level can only do so much, Their hands are tied and they have to watch what they say. With this whole MTA situation, no matter who sits in that chair are very limited to what they can do or say, The MTA is the most arragant agency out there. It's very hard to win a battle with them without going on a all out war."

Archived