LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

2 minutes ago, LinkyOG said:

DDDRRREEEEEEE !!! Passed the Phase 1 final today man !!! Last 6 weeks were HELL LMAO literally nothing could have prepared me for that. Rules Instructor said it was the easiest test we're going to take for a while too. This is just a complete lifestyle change man I had to sacrifice so much to past and this is only the beginning !! I'm beyond excited, a lot of work man! Gotta take the 2nd part of my medical with drug tests and then background test and just wait to figure out if I'm in the class starting in April or the class starting in August ! 

What’s up. NOIIICCCEEEE. congrats. I keep reiterating the information on this forum. It ain’t easy. It’s just going to get harder. Keep at it. How many people passed? 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LinkyOG said:

WARNING !!!

This process is not for the faint of heart!!!!!

It’s not for everyone. This program will make or break you. it’s a test on one’s self dedication and discipline and sacrificing more for the next 14 months. Good luck bro. Message with me any questions. 

Thank You Bro hopefully I can shadow you in the future,run some trains with you or something, a lot of the stuff you've shared has helped tremendously !!! So our class started with 36 people, the biggest phase 1 class they ever had, people were dropping every week, we got down 20 people and 17 of us passed. Dedication and Discipline bro no matter what, I can't think of a sound worse than that Velcro ripping open on the rule book LOL

16 minutes ago, TripleZ said:

I’m taking the cognitive test, math, vocabulary tomorrow. Any advice? Phase 1 is also definitions/signals correct? I’m nervous for tomorrow. What’s the process like tomorrow

Good luck tomorrow. Please read through the thread. This has been discussed numerous times. A lot of helpful stuff in these 90+ pages. My advice would be just take your time and carefully read what they want answered. If you have math involved, then it’s for assistant  conductor position. Engineers doesn’t include math. Phase 1 is not signals and definition. It’s the Operating Rules. Signals and def is the next step after cognitive test. For AC there is no phases. Only for Engineers. 

On 3/4/2023 at 3:01 PM, LinkyOG said:

Thank You Bro hopefully I can shadow you in the future,run some trains with you or something, a lot of the stuff you've shared has helped tremendously !!! So our class started with 36 people, the biggest phase 1 class they ever had, people were dropping every week, we got down 20 people and 17 of us passed. Dedication and Discipline bro no matter what, I can't think of a sound worse than that Velcro ripping open on the rule book LOL

I just passed my test 3/4, I was in your class for sure lol. I just joined this forum when I found this thread/comment

No call from HR yet right?

On 1/30/2023 at 4:13 PM, drenyce311 said:

What’s up. There is no exam.  Unless you already got invited for the open house and are talking about the cognitive exam. But if you just applied and it says pre screening. Just wait for an email or keep checking if the status changes. 

What kind of questions are on the cognitive exam? I'm kind of nervous lol.

On 3/7/2023 at 12:05 PM, jbass1993 said:

I just passed my test 3/4, I was in your class for sure lol. I just joined this forum when I found this thread/comment

No call from HR yet right?

What's Up, Congratulations Brother. I've yet to receive any email or call from HR in regards to phase 2 or medical or background checks. I'll be sure to keep you updated !

16 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

What's Up, Congratulations Brother. I've yet to receive any email or call from HR in regards to phase 2 or medical or background checks. I'll be sure to keep you updated !

No doubt I'll let you know as well if I get called

On 3/8/2023 at 7:53 PM, LinkyOG said:

Check your email! Me and 3 other guys who were in our class got emails to fill out background check info. 

Congrats to those moving on to phase 2.  Life changer.  I’m sure Dre has said this, but keep up on what you have already learned.  They are only going to add to it and you don’t want to be play catch up.  I’m going on 2 years qualified and I still think of the definitions and indications as I operate.  It all matters and plays a role on day to day operations.  See you out there. 

On 3/13/2023 at 12:11 PM, jbass1993 said:

I hope so bro. Based on people I've spoken with, there are 4 others that I know have gotten it. 14 people will fit in the April class

I haven't gotten any word yet but I've spoken to one of the people that scored the 2nd highest in our class he got a 94 he got called to start April 12th they just called him a couple hours ago. 

3 hours ago, Iwetoddit said:

Congrats to those moving on to phase 2.  Life changer.  I’m sure Dre has said this, but keep up on what you have already learned.  They are only going to add to it and you don’t want to be play catch up.  I’m going on 2 years qualified and I still think of the definitions and indications as I operate.  It all matters and plays a role on day to day operations.  See you out there. 

Every part of the process is nerve wrecking tbh lol it's great getting support and advice from Engineers who've been through the fire already 

3 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

I haven't gotten any word yet but I've spoken to one of the people that scored the 2nd highest in our class he got a 94 he got called to start April 12th they just called him a couple hours ago. 

I got the call this morning about April 12. I got a 92 on the final 

35 minutes ago, jbass1993 said:

I got the call this morning about April 12. I got a 92 on the final 

Congrats congrats brother I got a 89 perhaps I Didn't make the cut for this class and I'm in August :( Nevertheless A lot of learning ahead ! You'll be operating trains by the time I start lol Good Luck Bro !  

Hi i am going to the overview sunday for signals and definitions i want to know what can i expect for phase 1 and what is considered passing on the final. Lastly, do you have any study tips to help memorize the material. im very excited and really nervous i appreciate any advice thanks.

2 hours ago, BloomSmall said:

Hi i am going to the overview sunday for signals and definitions i want to know what can i expect for phase 1 and what is considered passing on the final. Lastly, do you have any study tips to help memorize the material. im very excited and really nervous i appreciate any advice thanks.

Hey what’s up. You gotta get through the signals and Definition test first.l before you get invited to phase 1. Read through the forum. Lots of good info in here on what to expect. Good luck. 

6 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

Just keep studying. You never know. If anyone in doesn’t doesn’t pass the medical or background check. Pretty sure they lll start calling others asap to fill the class.