LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Red5Xwing said:

Well, I got the "Dear Candidate, thank  you for taking the time...." email that usually isn't even worth reading past that sentence if the word "congratulations " or some such isn't in there.  At least I didn't have to wait months longer for it but this really hurts man, my last actual chance was in literally in 2008, don't know if I can wait another whole year at this point since I'm not getting any younger at over age 50.

Congratulations though to those who are going into the next steps, the rewards are well worth the hard work once you get that Class I certification 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

I'm really sorry about that bro, I hurts when you want it bad or even are left in limbo for a while. 

Here's something that may not be your first choice but it's another opportunity that you can test for 101281

check it out bro THIS IS THE LAST DAY THAT YOU CAN APPLY SO GET ON IT it's another path with decent money and stability, retirement all that. 

3 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

I'm really sorry about that bro, I hurts when you want it bad or even are left in limbo for a while. 

Here's something that may not be your first choice but it's another opportunity that you can test for 101281

check it out bro THIS IS THE LAST DAY THAT YOU CAN APPLY SO GET ON IT it's another path with decent money and stability, retirement all that. 

Ok, heading over there now....thanks so much!! 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

On 1/14/2023 at 10:10 AM, drenyce311 said:

If you got an invite to the AC Overview. Yes you will have to take the cognitive test again plus an extra test on math. I would take both. Just in case one doesn’t call. At least you’re in the pool for another. Usually there’s a disclaimer that if you already applied to another position to don’t apply for another. But why not. You never know. 

Thanks for the info and advice! I’ll definitely be attending the recruitment event for AC. I still haven’t gotten any news from the Locomotive Engineer recruitment event I attended so just sitting tight 🫠😅 Very true! I’ll take what I can get.

Just got back home from phase 1. I cannot believe how much information was given to me....Book of Rules is WILD to say the least . Had super cool instructors Alex and Pete, you could tell they really want people to succeed. It could be the lack of sleep and working a full time job and while doing this but my Brain is fried going to review my signals and definitions again look over some of Rules 10,12,and 14 and call it a night. Anybody else that was there share your thoughts.... Dre does this get easier in the coming weeks ?

4 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

Just got back home from phase 1. I cannot believe how much information was given to me....Book of Rules is WILD to say the least . Had super cool instructors Alex and Pete, you could tell they really want people to succeed. It could be the lack of sleep and working a full time job and while doing this but my Brain is fried going to review my signals and definitions again look over some of Rules 10,12,and 14 and call it a night. Anybody else that was there share your thoughts.... Dre does this get easier in the coming weeks ?

It is a lot of info but it seems doable it’s a process we’re not gonna learn it all at once 

2 hours ago, Djf22 said:

It is a lot of info but it seems doable it’s a process we’re not gonna learn it all at once 

It's certainly doable but I guess like everything you start off sucking and it gradually comes to you (PAUSE). In a weird way I'm sort of excited about the 6AM morning class on Saturday. Always been a morning person. It's a long road, it's dope knowing everyone is in the same boat 

8 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

No it doesn’t. It’s hard to keep up with all the information you have to keep up to date with. You’ll get tested every time  you guys meet up. 

10 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

It's certainly doable but I guess like everything you start off sucking and it gradually comes to you (PAUSE). In a weird way I'm sort of excited about the 6AM morning class on Saturday. Always been a morning person. It's a long road, it's dope knowing everyone is in the same boat 

Saturday is 6 or 6:30?

3 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

I wrote down 6:00AM-2:30PM I don't want to mislead you but I may have wrote that just to arrive 30 minutes early. Worst case scenario you're there early. Apologizing in advance if I'm wrong 

Punctuality  is big here. Last thing you need is to show up late for class. Not a good look. 

Edited by drenyce311

8 hours ago, LinkyOG said:

I wrote down 6:00AM-2:30PM I don't want to mislead you but I may have wrote that just to arrive 30 minutes early. Worst case scenario you're there early. Apologizing in advance if I'm wrong 

How many people in phase 1? And did they say how many people will move on to phase 2?