Officials Reassure the Public There Is No Terror Threat to Our Subway System

TheNewYorkElevated

1411681628454_wps_9_New_York_Governor_An1411679984163_wps_16_NEW_YORK_NY_SEPTEMB

Well, this one really caught officials scrambling.

Yesterday, Bratton, Cuomo, DeBlasio, and Prendergast spent all of Thursday riding the subway as of an effort to reassure the public that they are safe despite the new Iraqi prime minister saying that he has received "accurate" reports from Baghdad that ISIS is planning attacks on the metros of Paris and the U.S.

Read more:http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/10624483-mayor-police-commissioner-address-reports-of-isis-terror-plot/

Oh, if and if you are wondering which lines they rode on, here they are:

Cuomo and Prendergast on an R160A  (E) to 34th Street-Penn Station.

Bratton and DeBlasio on the Lexington Avenue Line (generally on the  (5)) to 14th Street-Union Square.

The police presence was very high on most Manhattan stations. Including holding trains to peek inside cars. I wonder what exactly were they looking for? Your prototypical terrorist carrying highly suspicious bags or equipment wearing a large coat or garb with stuff bulging out? Seems like another ploy to try and calm people down.

The police presence was very high on most Manhattan stations. Including holding trains to peek inside cars. I wonder what exactly were they looking for? Your prototypical terrorist carrying highly suspicious bags or equipment wearing a large coat or garb with stuff bulging out? Seems like another ploy to try and calm people down.

Probably just the odd person with a camera out. Be warned, I bet that transit fans will soon be considered the enemy.

Probably just the odd person with a camera out. Be warned, I bet that transit fans will soon be considered the enemy.

This probably means being really carefull about taking pics in the subway. Don't dare aim the camera at the tunnels for some time, absolutely no flash, and its time to carry out the rules if you haven't been carrying them around. (me)

Ive notice the same thing....

Well in the end i guess it was just a false alarm then. Then again i would imagine maybe it was more undercover work and not the big show of force that stopped anything. No coincidence it was when the un held its session... They should just move it to corona park and stop screwing over the whole city especially manhattan.

I agree. The only time something happens in this city is if it is allowed to happen. We knew about 9/11 since 1999-2000. What did we do? Nothing. Because we needed an excuse for war. We don't need one now.

Pretty much. Their 'reassurances' that there is no terrorist threat isn't news to us because there hasnt been any significant threat to New York since the first millenial decade. Amazing how Cuomo just to save face come the elections took the ISIS agenda oversees and twisted it around into an islamophobic propaganda political scam to scare the shit out of the public into a fear of law enforcement and the military.

We have way more domestic problems to worry about here (Rising rate of crime, people falling into poverty, the recent break by Bratton on corruption in the NYPD and so forth). The last thing on my mind is a percieved terrorist threat. I call bullshit big time on this one.

Archived