How are C/R's and T/O's assigned trains?

duelingdragons

If you can pass the exam then get called and pass School Car then you are Put on the Road Extra List in your Div. You will work a diffrant line and location every day. Your tour and days off can change at any time you they not set in stone. Example they may give you PM's with Wed/Thurs off. Fri you may get a 1PM Extra board job at Parsons (E)(J) Lines. Meaning you and stand by for a job to open. They may call you at 3PM to Pick a 4:30PM (M) job out of Met. which you may clear at 1AM at Met. Then Sat a 1:56pm Report at Stillwell Ave on the (F) Line.

Also, Pelham Bay Dave... when you say you won't know your days off, etc., do you basically find out at the beginning of the week?

I mean, you obviously find out at some point not to come in to work.. also, how exactly do you check to see? Is there a big schedule posted somewhere?

Glad I'm learning all this before I go in. =)

They tell you that when you are called. Don't want to go in to that detail.

How long for a steady Route ? C/R 1 to 2 Years T/O 3 TO 4 Years.

As a Extra you get diffrent hour and Routes. The Hours and day off changes are the hardest Part. You may start out working Early Morning then changed to late PM Hours or Midnights.

Actually I had an A Div question...just a follow up to a conversation I had with a C/R not so long ago.

He explained East/West in A Div to me which seems pretty similar to what's done in B Div (South/North/Queens). Meant to ask, the (7) and (S)...are those East or West?

Actually I had an A Div question...just a follow up to a conversation I had with a C/R not so long ago.

He explained East/West in A Div to me which seems pretty similar to what's done in B Div (South/North/Queens). Meant to ask, the (7) and (S)...are those East or West?

You mean like the IRTs Westen/Eastern Division, similar to the BMTs?

You want to pick A-Div, subwayGuy? ATS..... :eek:

Hah...nah was just wondering. You don't always get to pick your Div assignment when you go into schoolcar from what I've heard...

Who knows, depending on how things go, maybe A Div C/R B Div T/O haha, get me a nice big roomy R62/R142 cab with auto announcements, avoid the flashing signals, then move up front and on to B Div just in time to avoid the FIND issues I'd face as a C/R :):D

Who knows, depending on how things go, maybe A Div C/R B Div T/O haha, get me a nice big roomy R62/R142 cab with auto announcements, avoid the flashing signals, then move up front and on to B Div just in time to avoid the FIND issues I'd face as a C/R :D:D

LOL, heh, but by that time you might have full LCD screen-FINDs or something else to deal with. :)

That's not good, I thought you could pick A or B. If I got stuck in the A-Div I'd probably try to transfer to the B if/when opportunity becomes available. I guess it's good if you live in the Bronx or uptown, maybe not from southern Bklyn. Can you get IRT reporting locations in Brooklyn or Manhattan [eventually]?

Also, Pelham Bay Dave... when you say you won't know your days off, etc., do you basically find out at the beginning of the week?

I mean, you obviously find out at some point not to come in to work.. also, how exactly do you check to see? Is there a big schedule posted somewhere?

Glad I'm learning all this before I go in. =)

You will call on Fridays, after a certain time. They tell you what tour you will be doing the next week, and what your days off will be. Nothing is set in stone here, but they do try to give rookies off on Weekends when possible. Why? They want to keep the people they invested their money in. Eventually you will kiss the weekends good-bye for a long time. The culture has changed, is what we were told.

As for the routes, I already rode with a T/O on the way to schoolcar one morning (I wanted to see the route, and line). They just finished probation, and picked one line already. The hours just suck though, but it can be done. 50% of the workforce of MTA NYCTA is rookies now.......

The Rock Pk Shuttle is still the (H) on the crew assignment sheets. Sometimes you pick your div and sometime you don't. I started in the IRT but now on the BMT/IND and have worked every line as a C/R and T/O exept for the Franklin and GC Shuttles.

Well it would be nice if the TA would then replace the (H) as (S) or, the oppsite...

Have done SIRT even tho its a SubDivision...

Archived