MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4392, 4454: Baisley Park retired from passenger service with no OMNY and Farebox. 

it serves as a parts units for the remainder NG fleet for now. Although, BP still has enough buses for service, 43 in total.

Edited by Calvin
Observation notice from BP with answer given

1 hour ago, poopybutt123 said:

It should be, it’s probably a lie and btw heres 2 more NGs u should add 4393 and 4267. 4267’s farebox is currently on 9275 and 4393 is being driven to scrap as I type this 

Just a note, don’t always rely on fareboxes to note if a bus was retired. Those are rotated out constantly between buses within a depot. Do not take this as me disputing the info. Its just a general warning as users in the past relied too much on fareboxes to determine the status of a bus.

1 minute ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Just a note, don’t always rely on fareboxes to note if a bus was retired. Those are rotated out constantly between buses within a depot. Do not take this as me disputing the info. Its just a general warning as users in the past relied too much on fareboxes to determine the status of a bus.

Oh okay I’ll keep that in mind next time ty for a remainder 

Edited by poopybutt123

A little notice when it comes to upcoming buses being retired, not to be negative or as said above disrupting info, when checking units, please try not to use the online tracker to determine final word that it's retired. Some of the units are actually out in passenger service, however, after maintenence  at the depot, the tracker on some are disabled and cannot be looked at. Units are 4011 and 4072 that's in-service but won't pop up online.  

* 4074 (in passenger service but may also not be online)

Edited by Calvin

Just now, Calvin said:

A little notice when it comes to upcoming buses being retired, when checking units, try not to use the online tracker to determine final word that it's retired. Some of the units are actually out in passenger service, however, after maintenence  at the depot, the tracker on some are disabled and cannot be looked at. Units are 4011 and 4072 that's in-service but won't pop up online.  

4379 as well