MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TyBusLover1 said:

You mean it was towed from jfk right?

It was sitting at JFK last week. Although, it did get towed and later put aside to the above post that it was present at ECH. It's just not this week that happened. 

All scrap units are hooked and dropped off by a tow truck. 

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

It was sitting at JFK last week. Although, it did get towed and later put aside to the above post that it was present at ECH. It's just not this week that happened. 

All scrap units are hooked and dropped off by a tow truck. 

Thanks.

JFK units for scrap: 3743- Old Gen unit and 3809 with 3813- Next Gen units. All have parts removed with payment options with a tow truck for movement to ECH. 

Edited by Calvin

On 2/24/2024 at 5:07 AM, Calvin said:

3962 (LGA unit) and 4416 (BP to JFK) both ex NYCT units are retired from service. Both units had their payment options removed. 

9 minutes ago, TyBusLover1 said:

4416 is not retired as it’s on the Q8 as I’m typing this.

Yep! Just got a text that it's approaching 165th St Terminal. Thank you!

On 2/28/2024 at 4:39 AM, Calvin said:

JFK units for scrap: 3743- Old Gen unit and 3809 with 3813- Next Gen units. All have parts removed with payment options with a tow truck for movement to ECH. 

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

3819 : current retired MTA Bus next gen unit. No payment options were found. 

4393: No longer in the LGA roster as well as at Eastchester as scrap. 

Focusing on those 3800s...finally! 

16 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

I seen 2 buses: 7723 and 7527 that have gotten into separated accidents on threads that do NOT belong there, it should be on this particular thread. 

It makes no sense here either as both those buses have NOT been retired or scrapped. They were only OOS and not off the internal roster.

Posted (edited)

4358: JFK to scrap. This Next Generation has the front part removed with payment options as well. 

Also, 4188 is active at JFK. The unit was out of service for long term repair but cannot be looked up online as GPS is disabled. 

Edited by Calvin

17 hours ago, Calvin said:

4358: JFK to scrap. This Next Generation has the front part removed with payment options as well. 

Also, 4188 is active at JFK. The unit was out of service for long term repair but cannot be looked up online as GPS is disabled. 

I really wished this unit died

1 hour ago, poopybutt123 said:

I really wished this unit died

I mean, it's going to be retired eventully. Although, tbh, the message isn't appopriate on the outside world. Like me saying to someone to hope the person gets sick for a long time. But, ends up getting it because he/she has food posioning .