MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2024 at 7:07 PM, TyBusLover1 said:

The amount of MBC NGs has dropped a lot in the past month or so…

Well, that is to be expected. Both the 2023-24 LFS and XD40 orders are coming in pretty fast. With how fast the 2024 XD40 deliveries are coming into LGA and how fast they are entering service, I'm expecting a bunch of LGA NGs to be announced retired these coming weeks. Same with ECH NGs (either retirement or transfer to JFK) since their XD40 order is done and BP/JFK NGs due to the LFS order.

Edited by DT323
Add some more details

1 hour ago, DT323 said:

Well, that is to be expected. Both the 2023-24 LFS and XD40 orders are coming in pretty fast. With how fast the 2024 XD40 deliveries are coming into LGA and how fast they are entering service, I'm expecting a bunch of LGA NGs to be announced retired these coming weeks. Same with ECH NGs (either retirement or transfer to JFK) since their XD40 order is done and BP/JFK NGs due to the LFS order.

Eastchester won't be sending anymore Next Gens to either LGA or JFK. They sent 4020-4022, 4024-4036, 4140 over for now as replacements to retire the Old Gens that aren't in good condition anymore and that the Nova LFS order was on pause or slowly delivered at that time. Same with Baisley Park. 

Although, Eastchester has 6 Next Generation units running for now. At this time, one of their XD-40s are going through repairs like 9356. 

Edited by Calvin

6 hours ago, DT323 said:

Thanks! And Yeah, I agree about the first part. 

Didn't catch any NG or OGs cuz I didn't go to Queens...oldest model I caught is probably the C40s

P.S. I'm lying...It's the 2011 XD40s, I saw some Nova artics from 2010, but i have no idea if I caught one on vid...I don't think so at least.

Edited by Ale188

How long do you guys think the OGs have? I wanna hit up Queens when the weather gets warmer. But judging by how fast the Novas and XD40s are coming in I'm judging they won't last until May.

And if I were to hit up the OGs what are the best spots to catch them?

Edited by DCTransitFilms

4 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

How long do you guys think the OGs have? I wanna hit up Queens when the weather gets warmer. But judging by how fast the Novas and XD40s are coming in I'm judging they won't last until May.

Jamaica either by the 165th terminal or Sutphin & Jamaica or by the Far Rockaway routes since I seen they are more frequent there. I’d give the OGs by Late March into April since there’s 13 left. I spotted 3756 on the Q9 so far today omw home 

Edited by JoshTheScrub

3 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Honestly I'd say till March, if there's a miracle maybe up until early April. And for the routes you can pretty much catch all over JFK and FR, the best spots I'd say is in the Rockaways because you got the Q22 and the Q35. Now if you want normal buzz spot you can hit up Jamaica which ofc is a very busy area for conga lines of buses. And if you wanna get busy hit up Woodhaven Blvd it's really good over there. 

4087: LGA Next Gen unit and ex. NYCT retired from service and to scrap. This bus has its payment options removed and ready to be towed to Eastchester. 

Edited by Calvin
Side note: 4376, 4450, 4548 and 4582 have been towed to Eastchester this week. 3962 is a parts bus.