MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Removed the last few posts due to them not contributing to anything in regards to this thread, along with a few others just posting for no reason at all.

And please, I'm only going to ask this once before folks get warnings applied to their account. Report buses ONLY IF they are at Eastchester scrap, being parted out or if they've haven't seen service for more than 3-4 weeks or so. As I've said before, removal of fare payment systems DOES NOT always mean its being retired. I feel like I've said this more than once already. As mentioned by Seveneleven in another thread, we do not want this place to be a source of misinformation, so make sure that whatever you post is 100% solid, this especially applies to you @Calvinwith your posting habits and history.

If you have no business posting in this thread and is posting for literally no reason at all, stay out, you know who you are.

I understand. We want every peice of information 100% legit on all posts. Thank you for your understanding. I do take full blame of what was caused by it but at the same time did not appreciate disrespect towards others that settled on an agreement only to bring it back out again. 

If there's anything that's not out of these catogeries, it will be on the random thoughts thread to settle it. Like buses at vendors, if they are not at the depot, they are not to go in the bus moves topic but to go on the fleets and departments thread. 

Edited by Calvin

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/7/2024 at 7:14 PM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Just wait until the bus is towed out of there. Its a bit of a pain to keep up with your posts that sometimes are proven wrong regarding buses with no farebox and/or OMNY readers.

God forbid!  Everybody wants to be the one with the scoop that a certain bus has been retired.  And how many times have we seen that the information is WRONG!  

I've been saying the same thing on this site often.  A bus is scrapped when it has been towed out of the depot.  Not before!

51 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

God forbid!  Everybody wants to be the one with the scoop that a certain bus has been retired.  And how many times have we seen that the information is WRONG!  

I've been saying the same thing on this site often.  A bus is scrapped when it has been towed out of the depot.  Not before!

Please note that this was understood as of Friday night. Future posts that'll be on here are followed by the guidelines from my name mentioned as a sticky note. 

Edited by Calvin

40 minutes ago, poopybutt123 said:

?? What happened to that unit

5928 was involved into a rear accident back then. Back then, it happened because a minivan driver ran past a lot of red lights which caused this. 

Edited by Calvin

16 minutes ago, TyBusLover1 said:

How come on the roster it says that MCI D4500CL units 3198 and 4306 are saved? 

Both buses are still in (MTA) property. 3198 is at a train yard in Brooklyn. Pictures of the bus were shown when the (MTA) had their holiday pop-up sale in December.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

34 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

So how long do these OGs still got? By end of March?

And which ones still remain?

You may have them by the first week or middle of April. 3698, 3700, 3708, 3746, 3748, 3756, 3762 are the remaining ones running for now. 

In my suggestion, I would go now during the weekdays except late nights because how rapid the new buses are delivered or some transfers that’ll happen over at LGA. 

Edited by Calvin

11 hours ago, Calvin said:

You may have them by the first week or middle of April. 3698, 3700, 3708, 3746, 3748, 3756, 3762 are the remaining ones running for now. 

In my suggestion, I would go now during the weekdays except late nights because how rapid the new buses are delivered or some transfers that’ll happen over at LGA. 

Also 3751 is active. However I think someone mentioned 3746 as retired before.