R32 (J)/(Z) vs R42 (J)/(Z)

R3216068E

Here is a video I took of R32 and R42s on the (J)

Some photos I took of the SMEES in action

20150626_112842_zpsjohjdzkh.jpg

IMG_20150407_134625_zpsbjufzgux.jpg

20150612_070348_zpspqv39eth.jpg

20150626_113253_zps1n29vw0o.jpg

Also an extra Rare R160 (E) train terminating at Kew gardens

20150626_094632_zpsnvnt5c7k.jpg

What do you think is better on the (J) and (Z) R32s or R42s?

Both trains needs to retire. That's what I think. lol

R32 sounds like it's falling apart and for R42, I don't even know because it's been years since I last rode. Rarely ride the (J) but when I do, I usually just sit & wait for the R160 to come and I will get on.

Both trains needs to retire. That's what I think. lol

R32 sounds like it's falling apart and for R42, I don't even know because it's been years since I last rode. Rarely ride the (J) but when I do, I usually just sit & wait for the R160 to come and I will get on.

your not a fan of SMEES?

Honestly, this belongs to the photo section.

yeah I know I don't know why I put it over here

Me and 3 others asked riders in hopes to get a spot in the paper about subway cars/rides but so far I've personally gotten people favoring R32 over R42 based off appearance but most don't mind the car type as long as the train arrives on time

yeah I know I don't know why I put it over here

It's fine. I'm just wondering how this thread will turn out. I guess this thread isn't such a bad idea as I thought it'll be, as long as the discussion is civilized.

I, for one, don't mind having neither car type on the (J) / (Z). I have my own preferences on which line deserves which sort of equipment and which sort of scheduled waiting time is appropriate for a certain line, especially during the off-peak, specifically on weekends with all the never-ending GOs and flagging areas.

But I guess you already read my previous history changes in the Proposal Thread, so you're probably aware of own opinions already.

As a frequent rider of the line, it matters not. My main concern is getting to my destination safely and on time and the same applies on the way home; If I'm just leaving a late shift around 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning, I'm taking whatever shows up whether it's an R32, R42 or R160.

your not a fan of SMEES?

I do like SMEES but sometimes I don't feel like riding them from time to time. I take the (A) almost everyday and I love the R46 since my childhood & I don't mind NTT to be on that line. Every time I want to catch the (F), I was hoping that the R46 would show up rather than the R160, if not, then I would take any train that shows up. 50/50 chance that another R160 would show up again if I wait. Basically, it is hard for me to find an R46 on the (F) because the R160 keeps popping up every time I take it. I like both SMEE & NTT, even though it's been a long time since I rode the R32 on the (C) & (J). Also It's been like years since I last rode the R42 and I don't remember how the ride feels. Even the R40 Slant years ago(somewhere in 2008 I think) that used to be on the (A), I was on the boardwalk seeing them passing by. At that time, I was in middle school in Far Rock and I didn't go on trains that much.

There are people, like me, that think the (A) is the only line that is perfect for the remaining R32s (and it should have been 240 instead of 222) to go on (along with the (C) being entirely R46s or should I say, permanently full-length). I would have definitely preferred that, as well as a 10 minute off-peak headway for the (A) to equalize those with virtually all the other non-isolated B Division lines in the system. Other people, however, think the (J) is the only line that is perfect for the remaining R32s. And some other people think the (B) is perfect for the remaining R32s. At the end of the day, each to their own.

I do like SMEES but sometimes I don't feel like riding them from time to time. I take the (A) almost everyday and I love the R46 since my childhood & I don't mind NTT to be on that line. Every time I want to catch the (F), I was hoping that the R46 would show up rather than the R160, if not, then I would take any train that shows up. 50/50 chance that another R160 would show up again if I wait. Basically, it is hard for me to find an R46 on the (F) because the R160 keeps popping up every time I take it. I like both SMEE & NTT, even though it's been a long time since I rode the R32 on the (C) & (J). Also It's been like years since I last rode the R42 and I don't remember how the ride feels. Even the R40 Slant years ago(somewhere in 2008 I think) that used to be on the (A), I was on the boardwalk seeing them passing by. At that time, I was in middle school in Far Rock and I didn't go on trains that much.

IMO I can't stand R46s on the (A) or (F) only like R46s on the (R) (A little bit) nowadays and I can't believe you haven't rode the R32s or R42s for years they are on the (C) and (J) everyday,anyway I'm a SMEE fan to

Me, too. Every time when I head toward LIRR or subway, I don't mind taking R32, R42, R46, R62, R62A, R68, R142, R143, R160, R188.

Same goes for LIRR/MNRR and I don't mind taking what ever comes M7, M3 or LIRR BiLevel.

Same goes for buses as well.

Archived