Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

My training class just finished our Practical Yard Exam today, and we all passed. Found out from others that our whole Induction Class passed as well. We start posting next week, and I got part of my uniform yesterday as well. Still missing some shirts, pants, sweaters, ties, Conductor's hat.

Again, for everyone who's posted here with information, I'm extra grateful for all the advice, tips, etc. Anyone who's still in the process of applying, take the time to go through some of the earlier posts in this thread. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sammohung said:

My training class just finished our Practical Yard Exam today, and we all passed. Found out from others that our whole Induction Class passed as well. We start posting next week, and I got part of my uniform yesterday as well. Still missing some shirts, pants, sweaters, ties, Conductor's hat.

Again, for everyone who's posted here with information, I'm extra grateful for all the advice, tips, etc. Anyone who's still in the process of applying, take the time to go through some of the earlier posts in this thread. 

Wait your uniform came in from unipro or did you get some from terminals/last stops around the city? Because I’ve been hired since July and and been out on the road on my own since September didn’t get anything yet from Unipro. The only things I have are the uniform I brought from a uniform store in queens and new uniform they gave me at a few terminals so that I don’t have to wear that annoying safety vest 

6 hours ago, Sammohung said:

I'm currently in training as Conductor. Starting pay from training is $23.6731 an hour. This doesn't include night time/weekend differential. Weekend differential is the same rate as night time, but they don't double up. So if you worked 1800 hours to 0500 (6:00 PM to 5:00 AM) hours between Saturday and Sunday, you would only get the differential bonus once, not twice unfortunately.

The fact that you've been waiting to get into School car since the summer gives me hope. Happy for you. Been on medical hold since October smh 

Guys I’m on exam 6601, already passed the oral medical and psych testing.. and was gonna get “ called” next to go into the training… I’m number 31xx, what list number has reached this point I’m concerned … or does anybody know a email or contact number 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:12 AM, Schecter said:

When I ended in 2020 the pay was 24.74 an hour it went up but idk the actual rate for conductor now if you want look up twu local 100 new contract and look at the page wage scale and it'll give you a better idea, try to move up as fast as you can tier 6 is garbage if you have any questions ask me and I'll be more than glad to help my future brother or sister out. Happy new years to you all!

Sent you a private message 

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

Hey congrats on your training.. by any chance can you tell me the range of your list number Because I can’t figure out what list number they are currently up to for the school.. I completed all the Medicals  oral tests and etc

Last medical called and in school that I know for sure from reading this forum

was 423x 

last class was Dec 27

On 1/5/2022 at 3:48 AM, SDGD said:

Hi, does anyone know when the next class will be? I did the medical and "interview" but I couldn't start the December 27th class. I just had a newborn. I was told to email Olha but haven't heard anything back. 

OMG, I have a newborn as well! I am going for my OPA soon and expect to start the process shortly after if all goes well. 

Do you plan on taking parental leave shortly after you start work? We now get 12 weeks of parental leave from the state so that's cool. Not sure if you are a mom or dad but congrats! 

On 1/7/2022 at 2:07 AM, Sammohung said:

I'm currently in training as Conductor. Starting pay from training is $23.6731 an hour. This doesn't include night time/weekend differential. Weekend differential is the same rate as night time, but they don't double up. So if you worked 1800 hours to 0500 (6:00 PM to 5:00 AM) hours between Saturday and Sunday, you would only get the differential bonus once, not twice unfortunately.

There is no weekend diff. That’s just night time diff since you get it from Friday 1800 till Monday 0559. 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:13 AM, exj16 said:

Wait your uniform came in from unipro or did you get some from terminals/last stops around the city? Because I’ve been hired since July and and been out on the road on my own since September didn’t get anything yet from Unipro. The only things I have are the uniform I brought from a uniform store in queens and new uniform they gave me at a few terminals so that I don’t have to wear that annoying safety vest 

My uniform came from Unipro.

I got my Winter Jacket, the Bi-Swing Jacket, 3 long sleeve shirts, 3 short sleeve shirts, 2 turtlenecks, 2 mock turtlenecks, 2 pleated dress pants, and the mesh Conductor's hat.. I managed to get a tie from the Bedford Park Dispatch.

Sorry to hear about your uniform situation. Somehow I was the only one in my class who recivered anything so far.

On 12/2/2021 at 3:28 AM, Sammohung said:

Finally cleared pre-employment and got sworn in and fingerprinted yesterday.

My list number was in the low 2600s. If anyone wants to hear the horror story of what happened, here's a basic summary and timeline.

I got my e-mail for canvassing late June. I went in mid July for initial pre-employment, only to be placed on medical hold due to the fact I was seeing a mental health professional awhile back.

Between mid July and early September, I was placed on medical hold. My primary care physician didn't help with getting me a referral for a mental help professional for the evaluation NYC Transit was requiring. I spent a month trying to find one available in the NYC area who would take my insurance. I eventually had to settle on paying out of pocket for one.

During the process, I got dropped off the list as well. It took two weeks of contacting various NYC government e-mail addresses, and then someone at NYC Transit Employment Operations to be re-instated onto the list, then be contacted again to try to clear my medical hold. I was sent in to be evaluated by a NYC Transit doctor, who recommended I complete a counseling course for at least one month.

One month into the counseling course, I contacted them to get documentation stating I did everything that was asked of me, and I was an active particpant in the course. Of course, with my luck, my case manager wasn't on top of anything, and I had to go to her Manager to get the documentation I needed 2 weeks later. 

I went to 180 Livingston 2 weeks ago, just to be turned away when I was told what I was submitting was a copy of my birth certificate and they wanted an original. The previous times I had my paperwork checked by Employment Operations, none of their staff members said anything about my birth certificate. 

Today,I went in at 8:45am, was given my ticket at the front, and told to go to Station 3. I get to Station 3, sign in, and was told to have a seat and wait to have my name called. I waited until 2:30pm asking a staff member what was going on. Apparently, whoever I saw at Station 3 completely forgot about me. Being too patient was a bad idea. After finishing the paperwork and getting sworn in, I was told to go back to Station 3 to get a ticket to get fingerprinted, and I started filling out my part of the money order where it asks for name and address. The same lady at Station 3 from the morning berated me for filling out the money order. 

I get to fingerprinting eventually, the staff member told me to just fill out the part I had already filled out and got yelled at for. (what the f**k?)

Today was a real test of patience for me. I was probably at that office 4 hours longer than I had to be. But the whole time all I could think was "this is worth it, I need this job badly".

From getting my canavassing letter in late June, to finally being sworn in today and given my training date for December 6th, I can say it was an extremely frustrating process for all the hoops I had to jump through, all the calls I made to their office, and all the ridiculousness I had to deal with since being placed on medical hold.

Only took a bit over 5 months, but I made it. A big thank you for everyone who has posted helpful information on this post. 

I am on medical hold also and waiting for being called to have a practical test since Oct in 2021. But I haven't get any call for that and I found that there was their mistake. They said they would reschedule, but still I am waiting for the practical test being scheduled since Dec in 2021. Do you have any contact information who schedule Medical Practical Test? This is really frustrating......

6 hours ago, Joon said:

I am on medical hold also and waiting for being called to have a practical test since Oct in 2021. But I haven't get any call for that and I found that there was their mistake. They said they would reschedule, but still I am waiting for the practical test being scheduled since Dec in 2021. Do you have any contact information who schedule Medical Practical Test? This is really frustrating......

If you're on medical hold then you just do whatever the letter says that their doctors gave to you. For instance, if they suspect you have sleep apnea you need a sleep study to show you either do or do not have it. If you have it then you need 30 days of cpap data to give back to them to clear the hold.

You need to clear the hold first. If you're unclear about the medical hold then I would suggest you go up to 180 Livingston and tell them that you're there for clarification as to what you need to do.

2 hours ago, mibrahim12 said:

Hi, what's on the opa please? Can someone fail it ?!

Yes you can fail it but it’s fairly easy don’t stress to much and I’m sure it changes up every time taken all I can say is there will be 2 people in the room one interviewing you while a recording device is on the table and other one taking notes as you answer questions 

56 minutes ago, Grady6601 said:

So what should I have ready? And does medical come with pre/employment? And what kind of drug test is it? Hair or piss test?

When the time come your get email for pre employment ( basically to bring your original documents even HS diploma, or college transcript) the email will tell you what you need 

Piss test

then after that you would have to wait for medical, and if you pass medical you get sworn in that same day and get a start date for school car

6 hours ago, Gullys said:

When the time come your get email for pre employment ( basically to bring your original documents even HS diploma, or college transcript) the email will tell you what you need 

Piss test

then after that you would have to wait for medical, and if you pass medical you get sworn in that same day and get a start date for school car

Thanks sooo much for the info!!! I see they are up to 4800s on the list  for pre-employment and I’m in the 4900s does this mean that it can be soon that they call me ?

54 minutes ago, Grady6601 said:

Thanks sooo much for the info!!! I see they are up to 4800s on the list  for pre-employment and I’m in the 4900s does this mean that it can be soon that they call me ?

That great they moving fast 

I waited about two years after opa for pre-employment but that because the world slow down from the COVID 

you should get a called soon for pre-employment before end of summer maybe faster

mta got 16 Billion now to help out