Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gullys said:

That great they moving fast 

I waited about two years after opa for pre-employment but that because the world slow down from the COVID 

you should get a called soon for pre-employment before end of summer maybe faster

mta got 16 Billion now to help out 

Sheesh and thanks 🙌🏾🙏 appreciate the information 

1 hour ago, mibrahim12 said:

What is on the opa please?

I believe OPA stands for Oral Proficiency Assessment. You will be in a room with two people. One will ask you questions while the other observes and takes notes. You will either be shown or told of scenarios that you might encounter while employed as a conductor. You'll be asked questions based on those scenarios and then asked what you would do. That is all that is on the OPA. It is a Pass or Fail exam so there are not numerical scores. Once the exam is done you will eventually get your Pass or Fail status sent to you in an email. Should you Pass, your name will remain on the list and you would wait until they get to your list number for Pre-employment.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Is this list close to being finished?

The list is supposed to expire next month (February, 2022) but it seems  likely they will extend it. They keep calling people to take the OPA. I think they would save resources if they weren't extending the life of the list. I hope it is extended because I am still on medical hold.

They will most likely keep hiring from both the t/o exam 7604 and the c/r exam 6601 because there's still tons of crew shortage. As a t/o now that got promoted off this exam to t/o they had delays entering a terminal because of not having crews to move trains. I was supposed to clear at 134am and didn't end until 450am. Trains are running not as much and have longer headways. The MTA needs c/rs and t/os we're the ones that make them money the more trains run the more money they get, the less trains run the more money they lose.

To anyone who hasn't been contacted for pre-employment yet, or if you already have been contacted...please get all your information together now so you can save yourself the headache and stress of trying to get things together last minute. You will need originals of: High School or College Diploma (transcripts seem to suffice for some); Birth Certificate or Passport; Social Security Card, and Vaccination Card (anyone hired after mid November of 2021 will have to show proof of vaccination).

You will need your job history from the time you left high school. If you were unemployed for any point in time from high school to present day then you say you were unemployed. If you were laid off, put that. If you were fired do not lie about it. Put you were fired. There will be a separate area for you to explain why you were fired. You will need addresses, phone numbers and contact people for every job you list. Get all of that together NOW

If you have any tickets or pending tickets you will have to have those paid off or beat BEFORE you go in for pre-employment or you will be turned away until you pay or beat them. Do not show up to 180 Livingston with unpaid tickets because they will tell you to pay them on the spot or leave.

You will be asked if you've ever been arrested and/or jailed. Answer truthfully please.

You can find a blank copy of the pre-employment packet of forms here. There is another form on that page that you will have to fill out if you pass the drug test and make it to the medical day of pre-employment. It is a very similar form but a little more details are asked of you.

Sorry for the long post but people keep asking questions that have already been answered previously. Hopefully this helps.

9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

They will most likely keep hiring from both the t/o exam 7604 and the c/r exam 6601 because there's still tons of crew shortage. As a t/o now that got promoted off this exam to t/o they had delays entering a terminal because of not having crews to move trains. I was supposed to clear at 134am and didn't end until 450am. Trains are running not as much and have longer headways. The MTA needs c/rs and t/os we're the ones that make them money the more trains run the more money they get, the less trains run the more money they lose.

How are you doing with the crew shortages? Seems like the job is stressful enough with full staff. 

4 minutes ago, TraDon said:

To anyone who hasn't been contacted for pre-employment yet, or if you already have been contacted...please get all your information together now so you can save yourself the headache and stress of trying to get things together last minute. You will need originals of: High School or College Diploma (transcripts seem to suffice for some); Birth Certificate or Passport; Social Security Card, and Vaccination Card (anyone hired after mid November of 2021 will have to show proof of vaccination).

You will need your job history from the time you left high school. If you were unemployed for any point in time from high school to present day then you say you were unemployed. If you were laid off, put that. If you were fired do not lie about it. Put you were fired. There will be a separate area for you to explain why you were fired. You will need addresses, phone numbers and contact people for every job you list. Get all of that together NOW

If you have any tickets or pending tickets you will have to have those paid off or beat BEFORE you go in for pre-employment or you will be turned away until you pay or beat them. Do not show up to 180 Livingston with unpaid tickets because they will tell you to pay them on the spot or leave.

You will be asked if you've ever been arrested and/or jailed. Answer truthfully please.

You can find a blank copy of the pre-employment packet of forms here. There is another form on that page that you will have to fill out if you pass the drug test and make it to the medical day of pre-employment. It is a very similar form but a little more details are asked of you.

Sorry for the long post but people keep asking questions that have already been answered previously. Hopefully this helps.

I’ve had 5 traffic court cases rescheduled for 3 years now how am I suppose to settle them if they keep rescheduling it every year I already know I’m going to beat each one tho but every time it gets close it gets rescheduled what do I do then?

1 hour ago, TraDon said:

The list is supposed to expire next month (February, 2022) but it seems  likely they will extend it. They keep calling people to take the OPA. I think they would save resources if they weren't extending the life of the list. I hope it is extended because I am still on medical hold.

This is what’s annoying, there’s thousands of people who want to take another exam to get it, but if they keep extending this list they’re never going to get past this crew shortage.

43 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

This is what’s annoying, there’s thousands of people who want to take another exam to get it, but if they keep extending this list they’re never going to get past this crew shortage.

Extending it will keep the thousands of people left on the current list eligible to be employed quickly instead of scheduling another exam, having thousands take it, score them all, put together the list, and start all over.

You have people who already passed who are just waiting for medical or drug testing as opposed to the 1 to 2 years it will take to do another exam and establish a list and start the hiring process all over again. 

1 hour ago, Grady6601 said:

I’ve had 5 traffic court cases rescheduled for 3 years now how am I suppose to settle them if they keep rescheduling it every year I already know I’m going to beat each one tho but every time it gets close it gets rescheduled what do I do then?

Like I'm saying, they will ask you to pay off all tickets if you haven't already beat them in court by the time your appointment date for the drug test comes. Once you get in the building they will eventually ask if you have pending tickets or court cases. You will not proceed unless you pay the tickets on the spot. You will be asked to leave.

5 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Like I'm saying, they will ask you to pay off all tickets if you haven't already beat them in court by the time your appointment date for the drug test comes. Once you get in the building they will eventually ask if you have pending tickets or court cases. You will not proceed unless you pay the tickets on the spot. You will be asked to leave.

That’s dumb as hell what if I get points for pleading and paying all those 

23 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Extending it will keep the thousands of people left on the current list eligible to be employed quickly instead of scheduling another exam, having thousands take it, score them all, put together the list, and start all over.

You have people who already passed who are just waiting for medical or drug testing as opposed to the 1 to 2 years it will take to do another exam and establish a list and start the hiring process all over again. 

This list has been established since 2016, that's close to 7 years. I know it's not your fault, but either stop extending the list or schedule another exam and call off both. The way they keep doing this, it's going to continue to be a lose-lose situation.

Edited by Lawrence St

46 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

This list has been established since 2016, that's close to 7 years. I know it's not your fault, but either stop extending the list or schedule another exam and call off both. The way they keep doing this, it's going to continue to be a lose-lose situation.

Test came out in 2016, list established in 2018, February makes 4 years with no new test being announced it'll likely be extended for 1 to 2 years, more than likely 2.

Edited by dman1455
Spelling mistake.

2 hours ago, Grady6601 said:

That’s dumb as hell what if I get points for pleading and paying all those 

I don't know what to tell you. Everytime I've gone up there (4 times so far) they ask if anyone has tickets and if they aren't paid they are told to pay them right there or get out.

Edited by TraDon

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

The list wasn't established until some time in 2018 which was almost 2 years after the test was administered in 2016. That's what I mean when I say it will take longer to get employable candidates from a new test. So you want to kill the list that has been active for only 4 years (from date of establishment) and start all over with scheduling a new test. They wouldn't physically get people to take the test until some time in 2023 at least. You gotta secure schools or other places to hold the exams. Hire temp proctors to administer it. They do this all the time but it doesn't mean a new test will be given 2 weeks from the end of the previous list. And also, the Conductor list that was established before 6601 was still active for over 6 years from its established date and that was pre-pandemic (buy also included a hiring freeze).

I get wanting a new exam so that you can take it and have a chance to get the job though.

15 minutes ago, TraDon said:

I don't know what to tell you. Everytime I've gone up there (4 times so far) they ask if anyone has tickets and if they aren't paid they are told to pay them right there or get out.

Well I had pending cases (tickets) and I was never asked about that during my pre employment back in November. So... yeah. Just my experience.

3 minutes ago, Nicholasp said:

Well I had pending cases (tickets) and I was never asked about that during my pre employment back in November. So... yeah. Just my experience.

When they finally call you for your medical, you will want to get those tickets squared away or they will not swear you in.

3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

When they finally call you for your medical, you will want to get those tickets squared away or they will not swear you in.

Guess I gotta take the points lmao, because nothing is stopping me from getting that job, looks like defensive driving to get the points reduced 🤷‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Honestly I score around 93 or so and I tried my best, would be great if they do get to my list number but if they don't then I'll just take the new test and do my best again

You prolly will get called from experience I heard 1-6000 gets called from what I heard I got a 95 and in the 4900s and there are up to the 4800s for pre employment as the forum says where it states the pay and where they are up to