Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Does anyone know if this list will be extended, since it's expiring next year February

No one knows for sure or else someone would've posted that information here by now. I know that HR also doesn't know if the list will be extended beyond the 2/2022 expiration. They are waiting for the news as well.

7 hours ago, TraDon said:

No one knows for sure or else someone would've posted that information here by now. I know that HR also doesn't know if the list will be extended beyond the 2/2022 expiration. They are waiting for the news as well.

Look like they going to extend it,

today they had a shortage of workers in Staten Island 

45 minutes ago, TraDon said:

I was told the last class that has been scheduled for Conductor is Monday December 27th 2021. They haven't been told if there will be an extension and there are no other class dates after 12/27 that are on the calendar right now.

I got scheduled to begin the 27th as well, they didn’t mention if it was the last class or not. Maybe I’ll find out more when training begins

5 hours ago, TraDon said:

I was told the last class that has been scheduled for Conductor is Monday December 27th 2021. They haven't been told if there will be an extension and there are no other class dates after 12/27 that are on the calendar right now.

More than likely the list will be extended. They updated their exams schedule and there isn’t another one to replace this one. As short as they are they’re not going to stop hiring they’re having trouble making service with the personal we have now. 

4 hours ago, DRosen said:

Got hired today and I begin on Monday, I have been following this forum for years and it surreal that my time is finally here. Thank you all for the information and help given. I wish you all luck in your process.

Congrats and welcome aboard. It may seem like alot because you’re going to get a lot of information in a short amount of time, but it’s really not a hard job. 

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

More than likely the list will be extended. They updated their exams schedule and there isn’t another one to replace this one. As short as they are they’re not going to stop hiring they’re having trouble making service with the personal we have now. 

I hope it does get extended. They didn't clear my medical hold so I'm starting the process over again and may not make the 12/27 class so I'm banking on an extension of the list. Just don't want to get my hopes up until it is officially extended. 

4 hours ago, ren said:

If the list does get extended do they go quicker through the list, hiring more people, or do they go through it at the same rate as before the extension?

It depends on their needs. If I’m a betting man, I’d say it will be at the same rate. Transit doesn’t move fast lol

Hey guys so I’ve been hired since July and recently got my preferred AM shifts this pick due to all of the new hires coming in and filling the nights and midnight shifts and some of the extra extras finally picking extra list. My question is, do I stay  on AMs going forward based on my Preferences or can the crew office really throw me back on PMs? I’ve always been a morning person And really hated PM shifts on certain lines. Imagine getting off from work out of Bedford park Bronx 2 am in the morning? LOL also for those coming out of school car or are in the process of being hired, don’t expect Morning shifts. Crew Office is going to tell you that straight up too. 

1 hour ago, exj16 said:

Hey guys so I’ve been hired since July and recently got my preferred AM shifts this pick due to all of the new hires coming in and filling the nights and midnight shifts and some of the extra extras finally picking extra list. My question is, do I stay  on AMs going forward based on my Preferences or can the crew office really throw me back on PMs? I’ve always been a morning person And really hated PM shifts on certain lines. Imagine getting off from work out of Bedford park Bronx 2 am in the morning? LOL also for those coming out of school car or are in the process of being hired, don’t expect Morning shifts. Crew Office is going to tell you that straight up too. 

Yes, they can change you to ANY tour and RDO every week, but generally they leave you alone. At this point it depends on how many people are out with Covid.

2 hours ago, Nicholasp said:

I'm confused at the moment I got called in for pre employment and urine test around 11/23/21 and haven't heard anything. Anybody in the same boat or have any recommendations on what to do? (Exam number 6601, list 48xx)

I know for sure they had class Dec 27

and the medical list #that the person who was in it #423x

im 428x waiting for medical from Oct 26

29 minutes ago, Gullys said:

I know for sure they had class Dec 27

and the medical list #that the person who was in it #423x

im 428x waiting for medical from Oct 26

So what does this mean? We just have to wait and there might not be another class? I see people says the list is going to extend but since they made it to us technically we don't have to worry?

2 hours ago, Nicholasp said:

So what does this mean? We just have to wait and there might not be another class? I see people says the list is going to extend but since they made it to us technically we don't have to worry?

They going to have to extend the list

ita take one year to schedule a test date and establish it 

currently there no other text number out 

we had to wait for the list that was extend to finished also the city shut down is the reason why they are behind schedule