Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

True but this only works if you have a car

They do have cars, but they don't drive into the city. They take the bus or train into the city. Coming and going in car is super expensive. The ones I know from CT and PA, they do drive. The ones from jersey dont.

3 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

They do have cars, but they don't drive into the city. They take the bus or train into the city. Coming and going in car is super expensive. The ones I know from CT and PA, they do drive. The ones from jersey dont.

I can agree since I live in Jersey,no sense to drive to the city unless there's free employee parking

On 5/6/2023 at 7:20 PM, tsanchez2828 said:

Thank you for the info my friend!

I have a minor correction for you. If you’re in the A division(number trains) it’s 6 weeks. If you’re in B division(letter trains) it’s longer. I’m in the A division so I don’t know how much longer the B division is.

1 hour ago, goliver28 said:

I have a minor correction for you. If you’re in the A division(number trains) it’s 6 weeks. If you’re in B division(letter trains) it’s longer. I’m in the A division so I don’t know how much longer the B division is.

Oh ok thanks for the info,I would like to be in the B division since letter trains are closer to me in Jersey,I would why it's longer

2 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Oh ok thanks for the info,I would like to be in the B division since letter trains are closer to me in Jersey,I would why it's longer

I think the letter trains have more features or functions than number trains. Also you have to do road operations on every train. Like us with the number trains it’ll be 7 days of road operations. There are more letter trains than number trains.

14 minutes ago, tsanchez2828 said:

Just got sworn in today,gotta order mines too,hope they are not to expensive,I'm down 88.25 from the finger prints lol

you get your boots for free, they pay for it, and once a year every october you get an additional allowance for an extra pair of boots, I got sworn in last september and got a [pair of boots that month and again in october

4 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

you get your boots for free, they pay for it, and once a year every october you get an additional allowance for an extra pair of boots, I got sworn in last september and got a [pair of boots that month and again in october

Oh cool didn't know that,thanks bro, I'm everything is so expensive and money is tight lol

On 5/4/2023 at 5:15 PM, Mohamed said:

Yea my friend hopefully, it seems the classes are every two months, maybe they will have another class in September and November. Not sure but will see 

Hi Mohamed, I hope that all is well. I know we went to do the drug test together and our numbers were close. I just got a phone call from mta to come for final processing and medical tomorrow. Just wanted to update. 

7 minutes ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Hi Mohamed, I hope that all is well. I know we went to do the drug test together and our numbers were close. I just got a phone call from mta to come for final processing and medical tomorrow. Just wanted to update. 

Wow .. I just got the same call bout 20 minutes ago. List number #77xx

12 hours ago, goliver28 said:

In case you didn’t know, the MTA uniform is free too.

**NVM** BEEN ANSWERED. cannot deleted :(

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ABOVE!!!!!! wow, crazy, goodluck yall, even more crazier if i see more of you in the 22nd class 

Edited by alexx
Been answered, didnt see

Just now, alexx said:

Do you just get 1 uniform? Wouldn't want to be wearing the same set daily , lol.  If not, can we buy extras?

you get a good amount of shirts, 6 pairs of pants, a coat among other things. but you will have to buy your own blue shirt and pants in the beginning as the uniform doesnt come right away

1 hour ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Yea indeed I got the call but my phone always on silent lol, got the email and I went already to get the postal money order. See you guys tomorrow at 7am and good luck to all tomorrow, hope everyone's medical goes smoothly and we all get to be in May 22 class 👍👍👍

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to anounce I am going into the May 22nd class after a year long wait of being put back on the list. I was list # 30xx. If anyone has any questions about the process, feel free to ask.

For the rest of the community, my question is any reccomendations on pants, shirts, boots and backpacks? Any particular brand or style? Thank you in advance.

5 minutes ago, TurtleTA said:

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to anounce I am going into the May 22nd class after a year long wait of being put back on the list. I was list # 30xx. If anyone has any questions about the process, feel free to ask.

For the rest of the community, my question is any reccomendations on pants, shirts, boots and backpacks? Any particular brand or style? Thank you in advance.

Why were off the list for a year.. if u don't mind me asking