Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Also try emailing ExamsUnit@nyct.com put your last 4 social, name, DOB, your exam number and your list number. Also the date you took the opa and ask if did you pass or fail.

That's what I did when I wanted to know if I pass and I got a response back saying I did. 

I am trying to delete it. How can I do that? Please help

5 hours ago, Katherine K said:

I believe it’s that’s from the 2018 test. I don’t know the results from the OPA

@+Young+ Please edit this post to remove the list number. Thanks.

Also, probably should help her change her username.

Edited by Jericho

9 hours ago, Mohamed said:

My list was 77## I never thought they would get that far but they did. Currently in school car training. Last week and I'll be on my own. Posting on the different lines was cool get to experience the different terminal end close down. 

So all you have left is the final, road practical, and project straight talk. Good luck!

16 hours ago, Jericho said:

Yea, the edit window is closed. Which is why I'm trying to get @+Young+'s attention.

Done. As far as the Oral Proficiency Assessment (OPA) is concerned, the exam is a pass/fail. If you pass, they will not notify you. If you fail, you will get a letter in the mail.

On 7/6/2023 at 10:02 AM, ONELUVNAY said:

It’s hard getting difficult news..I got disqualified because I couldnt reach the top bar on the train..I felt like they could of gave me a chance on the smaller trains,but I got the boot instead..it sucks, and I’m not giving up..put my name back on the restoration list..we shall see what happens..good luck everyone

Nah that's crazy. I got hired in September 2021 and it was two women who couldn't climb the train. They let both of them stay and One was supposed to be in the B division but they put her in the A because she couldn't climb the B division trains but she could climb the smaller trains in the A

14 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Nah that's crazy. I got hired in September 2021 and it was two women who couldn't climb the train. They let both of them stay and One was supposed to be in the B division but they put her in the A because she couldn't climb the B division trains but she could climb the smaller trains in the A

normally IIRC you contact the union and see if you can try it in the A division, IF they have openings there they let you otherwise you have to resign

5 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

normally IIRC you contact the union and see if you can try it in the A division, IF they have openings there they let you otherwise you have to resign

The TSS who was training us contacted one of the superintendents to see if they can try it in the A division and was given the okay. It really definitely depends on who is the TSS and if they care enough to reach out to higher ups to get you another chance.

On 7/19/2023 at 11:55 AM, Kat77 said:

Thank you Young! And yeah I haven’t heard back so I believe I passed the OPA. It’s the matter of when HR employment.

I wonder how would they contact you for the next process if you pass the OPA? A letter in the mail or an email. I mean I took the test May 19 we about to hit Aug. I remember the gentleman in the room said it could take 3 months. 

27 minutes ago, Amir said:

I wonder how would they contact you for the next process if you pass the OPA? A letter in the mail or an email. I mean I took the test May 19 we about to hit Aug. I remember the gentleman in the room said it could take 3 months. 

Bout 3 to 6 months. Took the opa September 2023. Called back in March. Then again in May for the medical. Sworn in that same month for the May class.

Good morning :)  does anyone know when the next class is scheduled for ?  I was told to submit my name restoration request this week but DCAS still has my name on the list and my medical and drug test expires next month 😮‍💨

3 hours ago, Blu24 said:

Good morning :)  does anyone know when the next class is scheduled for ?  I was told to submit my name restoration request this week but DCAS still has my name on the list and my medical and drug test expires next month 😮‍💨

after this month next one is in september

6 minutes ago, iv93 said:

Hey all i was just curious to know if i have been previously diagnosed with sleep apnea and have a cpap machine that i use daily would that hold me up or put me on medical hold? Thanks in advance. 

ask your cpap provider/supplier for a usage report for at least a month or more

1 minute ago, Comrade96 said:

ask your cpap provider/supplier for a usage report for at least a month or more

I have an app that i ise to track the nighly use would that be sufficient or should i still reach out to the provider? Thanks again

11 minutes ago, iv93 said:

I have an app that i ise to track the nighly use would that be sufficient or should i still reach out to the provider? Thanks again

You need a sleep report from the doctor or CPAP provider. They will not accept data from the app. If anything they should hopefully just be able to email it to you.

20 minutes ago, iv93 said:

if your app can actually print out or make usage report printable somehow do that and bring it to them, from at least the last 2-3 months.  Let them know from the get go that you have/use the machine

13 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

if your app can actually print out or make usage report printable somehow do that and bring it to them, from at least the last 2-3 months.  Let them know from the get go that you have/use the machine

Amazing thank you so much 

4 hours ago, iv93 said:

Amazing thank you so much 

Also bring the original letter that states you have sleep apnea just in case they asked for it. If you can have everything for them so you’re not put on medical hold it’ll be better for you. Unlike me who got put on medical hold and lost my chance and had to wait over a year for a second chance.