Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

The application for the promotional closes Dec 15. Remember transit does not test right after the date so the test date can be anywhere from February to April of next year. Even though less people take the exam it takes time to conclude testing, protest sessions and then to certify the list...

Even though the promotional examination is for current employees, this is listed on the Notice of Examination (NOE) for everyone to see. If you wish to see the NOE for this specific examination, click here.

13 minutes ago, BusBoy2010 said:

Thanks! And if I need to reinstate my name on the list how long does it take for this to happen? And what do I have to do? 

From the green announcement box on the top of this webpage:

"For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail."

As far as how long does it take - I would give them about a week or two to restore your name. The main reason why is because the Dept. of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) handles all of the Civil Service Examinations for all of the City agencies, which include, but not limited to, NYC Transit, NYC DOT, NYPD, FDNY, Dept. of Sanitation, NYC DEP, etc.

2 hours ago, Mena Ibrahim said:

Hi guys! My list number is in the early 5000s . I took a drug test back in April but haven't heard back from them since then. Is that normal and what should i expect please?

Have you considered following-up by making some phone calls? Here are a few phone numbers:

-Office of the President of NYC Transit - 646-252-5800

-Office of the Executive Vice President of Human Resources - 347-643-8435

I would not recommend to directly call Human Resources. If you want to know why, or if you want more help, send me a Private Message (PM) and we'll take it from there.

Good luck!

Edited by +Young+
Addition

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, BusBoy2010 said:

So once I restore my name to the exam than I will get a new letter for the oral proficiency exam? Is that the next step? I remember when transit contacted me two years ago all I got was a letter to appear for the oral proficiency exam and I never responded. 

You should. I would reach out to the Examinations Unit (examsunit@nyct.com) who handles the Oral Proficiency Assessment (OPA), and see what they have to say. They should respond to your e-mail within two to three business days.

Good luck!!

1 hour ago, BusBoy2010 said:

Thanks! And if I need to reinstate my name on the list how long does it take for this to happen? And what do I have to do? 

You have to email LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov

Tell them your name, last 4 of social, exam and list numbers

Wait for it to be processed and eventually youll be put back on the list

Hey can someone help me, so I am in the 8-22 class I ordered my boots already and now I’m trying to upload the Covid vaccine card. Every time I go to upload and hit enter it says my date of birth or my BSCID is incorrect? My date of birth I know is correct and isn’t my BSCID my employee ID number which I used to order the boots as well with? I have tried 4 times on different days know and it not working 

11 minutes ago, Moe23 said:

Hey can someone help me, so I am in the 8-22 class I ordered my boots already and now I’m trying to upload the Covid vaccine card. Every time I go to upload and hit enter it says my date of birth or my BSCID is incorrect? My date of birth I know is correct and isn’t my BSCID my employee ID number which I used to order the boots as well with? I have tried 4 times on different days know and it not working 

Just wait til you get to class. Your BSC ID will be active by then.

36 minutes ago, Moe23 said:

Congrats 8/22 here as well 

56 minutes ago, Moe23 said:

What list number did they reach for the 8-22 class?

6 hours ago, Geezdaprinc3 said:

How do you know you passed ? 

Trust me. You’ll know once you leave. One person who took the OPA the day I took it asked me “what happened in the back room after the test?”  She obviously didn’t make it to the back room and didn’t understand she failed the OPA. I didn’t have the heart to break her the bad news. I said “They just takes to us… that was it.” 😅

24 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

I have a question I am on few mta exams list. And I'm just waiting to be called. Now do I have to keep reinstated my name or why would someone have to do that

Dont worry about having to be reinstated too much, you can either call nyct employment ops and ask if youre still on the list or call the dcas number (212-669-1357) and follow the prompts