Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

4 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

I was not one of them , never even knew about that, maybe ppl are making up stories just to get under your skin.

I don’t think anyone is hating. The problem is that MTA has everyone waiting on this list for 4 or so years. Instead of making the list active they called provisionally instead which is weird. We’re all happy for everyone but wish they went about it how they usually do for every other list. Anyway, glad everyone is making progress. Good luck people.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Crozay said:

I don’t think anyone is hating. The problem is that MTA has everyone waiting on this list for 4 or so years. Instead of making the list active they called provisionally instead which is weird. We’re all happy for everyone but wish they went about it how they usually do for every other list. Anyway, glad everyone is making progress. Good luck people.

How and where does this Unofficial list exist, how do you know that is true, besides stuff you read on the internet. I mean why would they do that and make the rest of us wait?  What’s the logic behind that, last year they even postponed anSA exam because they needed to take care of all the ppl who took this exam

1 minute ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

How and where does this Unofficial list exist, how do you know that is true, besides stuff you read on the internet. I mean why would they do that and make the rest of us wait?  What’s the logic behind that, last year they even postponed anSA exam because they needed to take care of all the ppl who took this exam

Well I know because I have family that works in the union and also that are station agents and conductors. There is also an article that was posted about it a few pages back. That’s our point tho. The hiring didn’t make sense but it is what it is. We’re all moving forward. But the unofficial list definitely does exist.

Just now, Crozay said:

Well I know because I have family that works in the union and also that are station agents and conductors. There is also an article that was posted about it a few pages back. That’s our point tho. The hiring didn’t make sense but it is what it is. We’re all moving forward. But the unofficial list definitely does exist.

So once you get hired , do you get attcajed about where you came from, if you took an exam, if you are provisional or an transferencia and does the angry union rep try to get you fired baches they feel the provisional should get priority over who gets a promotion, that’s what happens with most union employees they hold a grudge forever with these kinds of jobs.

3 minutes ago, Crozay said:

Wait so what about the new ppl are they going in as provisional or that’s just fir the ppl who were already on board .

and what about the new hires are they provisional 

2 minutes ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

Thank you let me read this.  I am new to all this , I guess if MTA took this approach there is a valid reason for them to do that.

Quoted : this is the article you posted on the link .......

Union Scores Important Win for At-Risk Provisional Station Agents

Stations VP Derick Echevarria led the fight to protect provisional Station Agents

TWU Local 100 Station Division Officers have scored a vital job security victory for hundreds of provisional Station Agents. An agreement, completed today (Nov. 20, 2018) with management, guarantees that NYCT will offer permanent appointment to all of the affected provisional Station Agents in the order that their names appear on the DCAS list that is expected to be certified on or before Feb. 1, 2019.

“This is the strongest possible assurance that all provisional Station Agents will eventually be made permanent,” said Local 100 Vice President Derick Echevarria. Union attorney Arthur Schwartz explained that current provisional Station Agents were hired off a DCAS list that had not been certified.  “In years past, provisional employees often faced layoff when a list for their title was certified by DCAS,” said union Attorney Arthur Schwarz. “This agreement provides a very important layer of protection to these workers.”

Local 100 President Tony Utano added his praise to Station Division officers for their work.  “I’m thrilled that these workers can now enjoy their Thanksgiving and the rest of the holiday season without

Just now, StationAgent7-2015 said:

Quoted : this is the article you posted on the link .......

Union Scores Important Win for At-Risk Provisional Station Agents

Stations VP Derick Echevarria led the fight to protect provisional Station Agents

TWU Local 100 Station Division Officers have scored a vital job security victory for hundreds of provisional Station Agents. An agreement, completed today (Nov. 20, 2018) with management, guarantees that NYCT will offer permanent appointment to all of the affected provisional Station Agents in the order that their names appear on the DCAS list that is expected to be certified on or before Feb. 1, 2019.

“This is the strongest possible assurance that all provisional Station Agents will eventually be made permanent,” said Local 100 Vice President Derick Echevarria. Union attorney Arthur Schwartz explained that current provisional Station Agents were hired off a DCAS list that had not been certified.  “In years past, provisional employees often faced layoff when a list for their title was certified by DCAS,” said union Attorney Arthur Schwarz. “This agreement provides a very important layer of protection to these workers.”

Local 100 President Tony Utano added his praise to Station Division officers for their work.  “I’m thrilled that these workers can now enjoy their Thanksgiving and the rest of the holiday season without

What I am saying the Provisos accepted this when came on to the job or where they already working for MTA

So the new hires are coming on board as provisional or permanent.

i hate to be at a job where all this fighting is going on over a job .

Permanent. They aren’t doing provisional anymore. That was before the list went active. I’m sure the provisionals were explained this before they accepted the position.

Just now, Crozay said:

Permanent. They aren’t doing provisional anymore. That was before the list went active. I’m sure the provisionals were explained this before they accepted the position.

Wow, I had. Idea this was even happening, and is good this list will be made permanent , 

i guess if I am offered a position and I am happy to accept, knowingly and willingly accept, it should be fine, unless MTA offered the. A deal . Yes I see what you mean about provisional, meaning they can be let go at anytime. 

Now with the new hire is there a probation period when you are hired where they can let you go at anytime?

Do your job, come to work, be on time, don't generate customer complaints (there is a difference between ranty angry customers and pissing them off to the point they complain to twitter or 511 - the latter is the problematic one) and make sure transit gets the money they're supposed to at the end of the day.

Stations agents get paid BiWeekly, or 2 times a month or every 15 days, I don’t  need no 401k, life insurance , short term disability, no dental, no health insurance don’t need any of that 

BiWeekly $1751.00. I get taken out in taxes $751 , the rest left over is $1000 fir half my rent expenses, can’t afford health insurance or dental 

2 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Do your job, come to work, be on time, don't generate customer complaints (there is a difference between ranty angry customers and pissing them off to the point they complain to twitter or 511 - the latter is the problematic one) and make sure transit gets the money they're supposed to at the end of the day.

I never gave a statiopn agent any bad times, but then again I have a laid back persona , I getting along with ppl 

You don't need a 401k, medical, or dental? You REALLY think that tier 6 pension is going to pay all of your bills when you retire? People want this job purely for the benefits alone, quite frankly that's a stupid position to take.

We get paid every other week. Your medical is "free" with 2% being deducted for retirement healthcare. Dental and vision is lumped into the $30 the union takes every paycheck. Nobody is forcing you to contribute to a 401k but it's stupid not to, and you don't need to buy any additional life insurance or disability above what they offer for FREE. Of all the jobs I had, the benefit contributions are less overall for WAY BETTER than what I ever had.

5 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Is 5here mail service today,,, I am going to walk to my mailbox and check if I get a letter from MTA , hey you never know maybe I have a letter from them   📬  or   📭. 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

You don't need a 401k, medical, or dental? You REALLY think that tier 6 pension is going to pay all of your bills when you retire? People want this job purely for the benefits alone, quite frankly that's a stupid position to take.

We get paid every other week. Your medical is "free" with 2% being deducted for retirement healthcare. Dental and vision is lumped into the $30 the union takes every paycheck. Nobody is forcing you to contribute to a 401k but it's stupid not to, and you don't need to buy any additional life insurance or disability above what they offer for FREE. Of all the jobs I had, the benefit contributions are less overall for WAY BETTER than what I ever had.

I don’t need a pension either, or any money at retirement , I have already worked since 16 years old paying taxes , social security won’t be around then either , so I am not counting on anything, I should be f8ne, hey I take care of my mothers and she worked all her life.

4 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Wait free health insurance or does it only cover medications, I don’t take pharmaceutical or prescription drugs , I live a holistic life style,

3 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

As a new hire with no crazy deductions and a straight 80hr check with no OT, your take home will be about $1300 a check, and that's after all the deductions.

My current job I make 18.00 biweekly I get 1600 take some 1100. If I get quarterly bonus of $400 , that pay check is 2100 I bring home about 1500.00 something like that no vacation or sick time, I accrued 4 hours every pay cycle which I need to accumulate for either vacation or PTO once a month 8 hours. No medical unless I want to buy it Cigna 200 $ a month vision is 7.29 and dental is more money . I pay short term longer term and life insurance, lets be real I don’t ever use that and is money wasted unnecessarily . I am a cautious careful person.