Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StationAgent7-2015 said:

I wonder since is free, what’s the cost associated with the coverage , no deductible does it include inpatient and outpatient services, Major surgery in case of an accident. .

I heard there is different types of coverage. Now, my question is can you switch or I should say change your insurance once you pick your health insurance?

You can change at open enrollment just like any other job. The high option is the only one that really differs in coverage and people usually pick that for the dental if they have a kid with braces, you have additional deductions for that. Don't have it so I don't remember how much extra it is. The other coverage really is the same, one has copays, one doesn't. The one without copays has fewer doctors I think.

1 hour ago, SA2019 said:

Hi all.. I'm new to this site, and I'm so happy it's available to us. I'm wondering if anyone knows what list numbers they are up to with final processing? Any info is greatly appreciated as I am checking my email constantly... 😀

According to the forum they are around 700 final processing...what’s your list #

On 2/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, hmc12989 said:

There is no medical like there is for conductor. The drug test is all you do in terms of anything remotely medically related.

Of course there's training. They're not gonna send you to Parkchester on the 6 on a Monday morning without teaching you the basics - although if that's how they broke me in I probably would have quit on the spot 😂😂. Training is 5 weeks at PS248 in Brooklyn (25 Av on the D) and if you're lucky you might get to go to 14th Street for AFC training (that's the metrocard related portion of training) - or not so lucky if you live relatively close to PS248. (I live in the Bronx and had the pleasure of schlepping it to Brooklyn EVERYDAY for class...I didn't get sorted into the 14th Street group)

The first couple days is 8-4 in downtown Brooklyn - 1 day at 130 Livingston for HR related stuff, then a day at the union hall for your union orientation.

I apologize if you have already answered this... but during the training process how long are you doing classroom training before they send you to observe in the booth ?

9 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

One observation day is before you start AFC training...I think it's week 3. Then you do the AFC stuff and then you go do your two booth takeover days.

O wow thanks so much for that fast response. I start training soon and I just wanted to plan my free weekends now before I start having to work them. Just needed an idea when my schedule would official change 

You will have weekends off during training, observations and all that are M-F.

On the first day they give you a calendar and you know exactly when you'll be observing, taking over, and released to the road. (You won't know where and what hours for observation and takeover til closer to that time) You'll probably be sent to the road on AM tour on a Friday, have Saturday off and then start on whatever tour/RDO set you pick in class on Sunday.

Edited by hmc12989

7 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

You will have weekends off during training, observations and all that are M-F.

On the first day they give you a calendar and you know exactly when you'll be observing, taking over, and released to the road. (You won't know where and what hours for observation and takeover til closer to that time) You'll probably be sent to the road on AM tour on a Friday, have Saturday off and then start on whatever tour/RDO set you pick in class on Sunday.

Ok really looking forward to this...praying all goes welll...thanks so much !