R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve finally seen the 211’s in person for the first time at Jay street yesterday, sad to see that It was going on the other direction, I was heading to ozone park while the 211 sets was heading to 207th street, during my trip, I saw 3 sets going to inwood, each at different times, is this the usual service pattern or is it changed everyday?

20 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

That's been a thing since 4080/4124 came into service..... a month ago.

Way earlier, I've caught 4070-4079 on the overnight a time or two when it was brand new.

The only thing is that it hasn't been a consistent thing. There were times when all sets were taken OOS early because of crews not qualified to operate them.

6 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

I’ve finally seen the 211’s in person for the first time at Jay street yesterday, sad to see that It was going on the other direction, I was heading to ozone park while the 211 sets was heading to 207th street, during my trip, I saw 3 sets going to inwood, each at different times, is this the usual service pattern or is it changed everyday?

Tell me about it. Also I don't know.

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Way earlier, I've caught 4070-4079 on the overnight a time or two when it was brand new.

The only thing is that it hasn't been a consistent thing. There were times when all sets were taken OOS early because of crews not qualified to operate them.

It don't have to be consistent, they started to doing it. Thats all that matters imo. Funny thing, 4060 still hold first of everything in the series having the owl debut on the night of August 5. Two weeks later, it was 4070. They tryna run them around the clock, get them ready so the 46s can be knocked out quickly and match their rates with the 179s.

Edited by Metro CSW

2 hours ago, U-BahnNYC said:

What's the update with deliveries? Looks like there are 4 sets delivered and in service now. Are there any delivered but awaiting entry into service? Which #s are coming next?

5 Trains in-total. However, 4 are on the road for now. 4100-4119, 4130-4134 are in the system but going to start testing soon. 4135 and above are the current cars in delivery process.Β 

Edited by Calvin

On 4080-4084+4120-4124 now and I gotta say the train definitely feels really spacious and the acceleration is nice. The intercom system is trash though , cant hear being said and the FIND keeps going out every couple of stops, I bet that gets annoying to deal with

Edited by Maxwell179

15 minutes ago, Maxwell179 said:

On 4080-4084+4120-4124 now and I gotta say the train definitely feels really spacious and the acceleration is nice. The intercom system is trash though , cant hear being saidΒ 

Maybe they should make it louder, or upgrade it.

34 minutes ago, Maxwell179 said:

On 4080-4084+4120-4124 now and I gotta say the train definitely feels really spacious and the acceleration is nice. The intercom system is trash though , cant hear being said and the FIND keeps going out every couple of stops, I bet that gets annoying to deal with

Just hit 50 on the Flats entering Broad Channel, train really gives a nice smooth quiet rideΒ 

Edited by Maxwell179

1 hour ago, Maxwell179 said:

Yeah the intercom is absolute trash... I wonder if the (MTA) has made Kawasaki aware so they can fix this on future deliveries. Legit the announcements are inaudible.

I was on 4060-4064 Friday night and the AC also went bust from Fulton St to 42nd/PABT. The train got hot inside real fast.

17 minutes ago, Calvin said:

4141, 4142, 4143 and 4144 have arrived to the NYC Subway system. 4140 should be here soon.Β 
https://www.riverrailphoto.com/subway/h9a859a7d

Wait, is 4140 the A car or the B car? Image shows both A cars, begs me to believe it's not 4140 that's missing unless I forgot the numberings on the R211's, in which case forget anything I said.

1 minute ago, Vulturious said:

Wait, is 4140 the A car or the B car? Image shows both A cars, begs me to believe it's not 4140 that's missing unless I forgot the numberings on the R211's, in which case forget anything I said.

4140 is an A car to be specific. The green plastic shows 4143 as a B car and 4144 but can be seen if it’s zoomed in.

29 minutes ago, Vulturious said:

4140 is an A car (soon to arrive). There is only one A car in the image (4144), the rest are B cars (4141, 4142, 4143). The lighting kinda makes the last car look like an A car, hence why you likely thought it was two of them.

Edited by RandomRider0101
Details

51 minutes ago, Calvin said:

4141, 4142, 4143 and 4144 have arrived to the NYC Subway system. 4140 should be here soon.Β 

Cool. Can't wait for 4135-39. Also, I can barely see the numbers, even if zoomed in.

Edited by Ale188
Just a prob for me

3 hours ago, Calvin said:

4140 is an A car to be specific. The green plastic shows 4143 as a B car and 4144 but can be seen if it’s zoomed in.

Oh wait, I was either not paying attention or I couldn't see my screen properly. Either way, I think I discovered what it's like to be dyslexic with images.

6 hours ago, Calvin said:

Combine the T & A sets, there are 105 cars in the systemΒ 

85 R211A cars 15 more to be delivered and we have 10 sets in the system with 4 sets in service.Β 

Edited by FLX9304

28 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Combine the T & A sets, there are 105 cars in the systemΒ 

85 R211A cars 15 more to be delivered and we have 10 sets in the system with 4 sets in service.Β 

5 sets in service, cuz 4090-94 and 4125-29 went into service last thursday. If you do combine the Ts and the As. that's 100, cuz the Ss are an extra 5. 20 Ts + 70 completed 10-car A sets (that being 4060-4129), + 4130-34 and 4140 (tomorrow) - 4144 equals 100. You took all of the cars, not just the Ts and As. Just sayinΒ