R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

the C will most definitely not be getting option 1, if option 2 happens then itll get that, the priority is to replace older trains

Option Order I is to replace the older trains too and if they do make the (C) full length Only a small chunk of Option order I would go to pitkin or 207th. They haven't even started retiring the R46s in mass yet since congestion pricing is around the corner and CI still have a spare issue. Option I is 640 cars so that's plenty of cars and majority of Option I would either go to Jamaica or Concourse since Jamaica routes have CBTC already and the (D) will eventually get it as well on 6th ave on top of the GOs that the (D) can sometimes run on 8th ave.

Their Priority should be to make sure they have enough equipment for the potential surge in ridership. 

Edited by R32 3838

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

Option Order I is to replace the older trains too and if they do make the (C) full length Only a small chunk of Option order I would go to pitkin or 207th. They haven't even started retiring the R46s in mass yet since congestion pricing is around the corner and CI still have a spare issue. Option I is 640 cars so that's plenty of cars and majority of Option I would either go to Jamaica or Concourse since Jamaica routes have CBTC already and the (D) will eventually get it as well on 6th ave on top of the GOs that the (D) can sometimes run on 8th ave.

Their Priority should be to make sure they have enough equipment for the potential surge in ridership. 

IMO jamaica isnt going to recieve anything mainly because of the manpower needed for a triple yard move vs a double yard move if it gets split between the (B)(D)

Edited by Comrade96
typo

7 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

The MTA has and keeps saying the trains are empty and there’s plenty of room for lots more. Their priority is retiring r46’s asap. 

3 hours ago, MJHmarc said:

The MTA has and keeps saying the trains are empty and there’s plenty of room for lots more. Their priority is retiring r46’s asap. 

The (MTA) is full of shit, Go ride the trains and see how packed they are. Not trying to sound rude but I'm tired of the " (MTA) says the ridership is the same and there's plenty of room" That's all bullshit and when congestion goes into effect, Y'all going to learn the hard way. As for the R46's they haven't started yet besides a very few cars. The trains aren't empty at all, esp during rush hour. Why do you think they purchased buses they rejected in 2008-2009 from NJT for? Come on man use your brain.

8 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

IMO jamaica isnt going to recieve anything mainly because of the manpower needed for a triple yard move vs a double yard move if it gets split between the (B)(D)

I still think they'll get them, they aren't testing them for CBTC for nothing. It would make sense for them to get them anyway due to the high capacity of the (E) and (F).

30 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

I still think they'll get them, they aren't testing them for CBTC for nothing. It would make sense for them to get them anyway due to the high capacity of the (E) and (F).

they test them there because thats the only place they CAN test CBTC on. I dont think you understand the amount of OT youd have to pay crews to move that many trains. the (E)(F) already have new techs and 6th ave CBTC is hot on the hells of whenever 8th ave finishes

3 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

The (MTA) is full of shit, Go ride the trains and see how packed they are. Not trying to sound rude but I'm tired of the " (MTA) says the ridership is the same and there's plenty of room" That's all bullshit and when congestion goes into effect, Y'all going to learn the hard way. As for the R46's they haven't started yet besides a very few cars. The trains aren't empty at all, esp during rush hour. Why do you think they purchased buses they rejected in 2008-2009 from NJT for? Come on man use your brain.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

this made my day!

5 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

I agree 100%. Not only during rush hours, but also during the weekends.

The MTA better purchase both option orders of r211's to retire all r46's, to make the "A", "B", " C" and "D" trains 100% NTTs and to make both the "C" and "G" trains 100% full length.

14 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

If the "B" and "D" trains get the r211's, great, but keep in mind that the "B" and "D" trains have less ridership than the "E" and "F" trains.

The r211's are designed to accommodate more people than the r160's. That's why it makes more sense for the r211's to go to the "E" and "F".

IMO Jamaica can keep the "Cuomo" refurbished r160's and the Alstom r160's, but the Siemens r160's should go to the "B" in exchange of r211's.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

If the "B" and "D" trains get the r211's, great, but keep in mind that the "B" and "D" trains have less ridership than the "E" and "F" trains.

The r211's are designed to accommodate more people than the r160's. That's why it makes more sense for the r211's to go to the "E" and "F".

IMO Jamaica can keep the "Cuomo" refurbished r160's and the Alstom r160's, but the Siemens r160's should go to the "B" in exchange of r211's.

you also have to take into accoubt the amount of yard moves required for the E and F to get 211s, especially now that OT is bone dry

Edited by Comrade96
typo

On 5/16/2024 at 5:08 PM, poopybutt123 said:

Update on R211 status?? How many cars confirmed built 

Until Metro CSW (or another reliable person) provides us with an update on R211 construction, we don’t know.

What I am guessing is that 140-144 should be built; considering the last report mentions “140 has entered the receiving line” a month ago, meaning that set has to be built:

2 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

you also have to take into accoubt the amount of yard moves required for the E and F to get 211s, especially now that OT is bone dry

It's a one for one replacement, I could careless about money because the agency is about to make bank on congestion pricing. Every time a new car order comes in, they shift cars around anyway. They are currently moving Pitkin R46s to CIY or retirement (soon) anyway so it's a moot point.

It's not that difficult to move an R160 from Jamaica to CIY. Concourse I do see them getting these cars (I hope they do) Because these would be perfect for the (D)  but to sit here and think Jamaica not getting these because of money is a dumb argument. The Cars are built for high capacity, It's logical to put them on the (E)  and (F) due to the larger doors and more standing room. The (D) also makes sense due to it's high ridership. Queens will get hit the hardest when congestion pricing starts kicking in so it would make sense long term to just give them the R211s.  The (A) (D) (E) and (F) should be the only lines to get these cars. The (B) should be 100% R160s.

Posted (edited)

The SIR units are on pause until the early faults with the pilot are taken care of: cab signaling, software issues and operator training schedules need to be sorted out. So its at 144 in Lincoln.

The production receiving is really at 4365 and 4255-59 & 4265-84 at prepping for shipping and any of the lot (consecutively or non-consecutively) could be ready for embark.

4250-54 has been delivered and reached PIT, undetected. You'll also see that 4245-49 and 4260-64 are testing together.

The shells at Kobe are at the 4400s mark. IIRC, it's at 4430.

Edited by Metro CSW

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Metro CSW said:

The SIR units are on pause until the early faults with the pilot are taken care of: cab signaling, software issues and operator training schedules need to be sorted out. So its at 144 in Lincoln.

The production receiving is really at 4365 and 4255-59 & 4265-84 at prepping for shipping and any of the lot (consecutively or non-consecutively) could be ready for embark.

4250-54 has been delivered and reached PIT, undetected. You'll also see that 4245-49 and 4260-64 are testing together.

Damn when did that set get delivered? And thanks for the info as always. How do you get it?

Edited by Ale188

8 hours ago, Metro CSW said:

Would 4350-4365 be at Lincoln while 4366-4430 be at Kobe Japan? Tryna update my fleet list rn.

Also, good to know that my suspicions were true and 144 is built 

9 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Damn when did that set get delivered? And thanks for the info as always. How do you get it?

Had a feeling there was another delivery that didn’t get detected 

20 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

There was actually some political pressure behind the move to add more express buses to Brooklyn and S.I. As there’s a higher chance of people going from car to express bus vs the subway. I know one person who told me this is what they will do instead of driving but avoiding the subway at all cost. Time will tell how all of this plays out. Also queens blvd is the only area CBTC train sets can be tested. 

14 hours ago, Metro CSW said:

4250-4254 never came, unit in Pitkin YD is 4260-4264.

On 5/17/2024 at 5:39 PM, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I thought about it and the (B) can get away with having the R68s post 8th ave CBTC since it only runs during the week and it does get suspended. The (D) on the other hand needs techs because once 6th ave is out for CBTC work, The (D) would be going via 8th ave/Culver (southbound, I wish they can add a switch between W4th and B'way Lafayette on the southbound side so (D) trains can run their normal route) on weekends and nights due to GOs along with the (F)

2 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

I thought about it and the (B) can get away with having the R68s post 8th ave CBTC since it only runs during the week and it does get suspended. The (D) on the other hand needs techs because once 6th ave is out for CBTC work, The (D) would be going via 8th ave/Culver (southbound, I wish they can add a switch between W4th and B'way Lafayette on the southbound side so (D) trains can run their normal route) on weekends and nights due to GOs along with the (F)

Shame there’s no way to install that crossover to permit southbound trains from 8 Av to access the Manhattan Bridge - would be very useful for reroutes without having to do the (D)(F) swap in Manhattan and Brooklyn

On 5/19/2024 at 3:03 PM, R32 3838 said:

Trains don't get automatically suspended and the "B" doesn't always get suspended. There has been instances that the MTA's website says that the "B" is suspended, but then I see the "B" making regular stops along CPW.

If the "W" (at some point) and the "Z" has NTTs, then the "B" should have NTTs.

6th Avenue is getting CBTC and the MTA needs to consider running the "B" during the weekends like it did in the past. CPW needs more local service, especially 86th, 81st and 72nd, which have a lot of tourists and the "C" by itself doesn't do justice.

Of course there's people out there that want the r211's on the "N" "Q" and "W" instead of the "A", " B", "C" and "D". These people don't understand that Broadway is not getting CBTC anytime soon and the "N", " Q" and "W" trains have less ridership than the "A", "D", "E" and "F" trains.

1 hour ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Trains don't get automatically suspended and the "B" doesn't always get suspended. There has been instances that the MTA's website says that the "B" is suspended, but then I see the "B" making regular stops along CPW.

If the "W" (at some point) and the "Z" has NTTs, then the "B" should have NTTs.

6th Avenue is getting CBTC and the MTA needs to consider running the "B" during the weekends like it did in the past. CPW needs more local service, especially 86th, 81st and 72nd, which have a lot of tourists and the "C" by itself doesn't do justice.

Of course there's people out there that want the r211's on the "N" "Q" and "W" instead of the "A", " B", "C" and "D". These people don't understand that Broadway is not getting CBTC anytime soon and the "N", " Q" and "W" trains have less ridership than the "A", "D", "E" and "F" trains.

When they say something is suspended especially early on during that point, it means whatever trains that are not running around in service. Any trains that completed their journey will not be sent back out to run another journey. As for any other trains that remain running around that still have yet to get to a terminal to discharge all passengers or the train is forced to discharge due to some unforeseen circumstances will continue until they reach a destination whether it's to their original terminal or detoured elsewhere.

This doesn't necessarily relate even indirectly to this thread so I'll make it relevant, even if the MTA decided to run the (B) in service during weekends, they don't really have anywhere they can go outside of Manhattan all together. You could say they can run between 145 St and LES-2 Av, but even that creates a bit of an annoyance especially when construction occurs forcing lines to share with other forcing said lines to decrease in tph to compensate. The R211's are coming in now and from what Metro CSW has mentioned, Kawasaki has gotten to the 4400's which is already almost the entire base order. Option 1 is also purchased and if I'm not mistaken option 2 has also been confirmed which we just don't know whether they're gonna be close-ended or open-gangways. Option 2 is essentially meant to expand the fleet, hopefully that means the (C) can expand so they won't have to worry too much about borrowing from other lines.