ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BCDubs said:

Hi all.  I read that it usually takes 48-72 hours to get your drug results back. Has anyone experienced a delay in this?

I took the urine test last week and I haven’t received anything back yet.

deeply concerning.

It’s usually 2-3 weeks with the short staffing in the office….what’s your list number?

Just now, STtoMTA said:

It’s usually 2-3 weeks with the short staffing in the office….what’s your list number?

thanks for the info.
I’m not on the list.  I’m actually applying for a position with the bus company. No one has yet to address my concerns.

Just now, BCDubs said:

thanks for the info.
I’m not on the list.  I’m actually applying for a position with the bus company. No one has yet to address my concerns.

Yeah well you’ll be fine, sometimes it’s a bit delayed cause they’re processing so many people for so many things and the office itself is short staffed

25 minutes ago, BCDubs said:

Hi all.  I read that it usually takes 48-72 hours to get your drug results back. Has anyone experienced a delay in this?

deeply concerning.

Usually the next thing you hear is to come in for medical or another drug test and that can be weeks or months away.

2 hours ago, BCDubs said:

deeply concerning.

I took the drug test on 4/8/22 and still waiting for the next step.

Hey future T/O 's, just wanted to check in and let everyone know what to expect. It's been two and a half weeks since I started School Car and things are starting to get fun, gonna operate the A line from 207th to Far Rockaway tomorrow 😁.

The first week is going to be kind of boring, more paperwork and alot of videos on safety. You will also get track certified by learning how to cross the Third rail and climb onto the train from the tracks. Depending on your seniority in the class you will get to choose the division you want. By the end of the week you'll be split into a smaller group and assigned to a pair of TSS's . Practice squats and invest in a good bag because the books and tools are brutal to carry around. (You must have them with you at all times.)

The second week will be lots of studying, more equipment and more studying. I'm slowly starting to get the hang of things and understand what the job entails.

Good luck to everyone, make a group chat with your classmates, don't be afraid to ask questions as many times as you need. Don't let the TSS's scare you, as tough as they make the job sound they're there to guide you, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF you got this. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!

39 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

Hey future T/O 's, just wanted to check in and let everyone know what to expect. It's been two and a half weeks since I started School Car and things are starting to get fun, gonna operate the A line from 207th to Far Rockaway tomorrow 😁.

The first week is going to be kind of boring, more paperwork and alot of videos on safety. You will also get track certified by learning how to cross the Third rail and climb onto the train from the tracks. Depending on your seniority in the class you will get to choose the division you want. By the end of the week you'll be split into a smaller group and assigned to a pair of TSS's . Practice squats and invest in a good bag because the books and tools are brutal to carry around. (You must have them with you at all times.)

The second week will be lots of studying, more equipment and more studying. I'm slowly starting to get the hang of things and understand what the job entails.

Good luck to everyone, make a group chat with your classmates, don't be afraid to ask questions as many times as you need. Don't let the TSS's scare you, as tough as they make the job sound they're there to guide you, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF you got this. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!

Thanks! Can’t wait to get started!

1 hour ago, Phillyphill said:

Hey ! My list number is 36Xx. I took my pre-employment  on March 29th. Still haven’t heard anything in regards to  the medical. Is this normal ? When should I expect to hear anything? Thanks 

Soon, keep your eye on your email and texts and phone calls. They emailed and texted me. I noticed a lot of people are restoring their name to the list.

Edited by rondread445

6 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

Soon, keep your eye on your email and texts and phone calls. They emailed and texted me. I noticed a lot of people are restoring their name to the list.

Where do you see people restoring their names? I’m about to put my name back on the list. 

23 minutes ago, rondread445 said:

A lot of people in my class have restored there names. One guy in my group list# is 5** while mine is 15** I had to restore.

I emailed the form requesting to restore my name. How long did it take for them to respond with confirmation?

9 hours ago, Phillyphill said:

Hey ! My list number is 36Xx. I took my pre-employment  on March 29th. Still haven’t heard anything in regards to  the medical. Is this normal ? When should I expect to hear anything? Thanks 

I’m in the same boat, my list # 38xx and I took my pre-employment on 4/4. Have heard nothing from them yet.

16 hours ago, rondread445 said:

Good attitude to have... Since you over here in the B Div when you start your YX and Yard posting good chance you'll get Senior Folks..

Over here at 179 you'll be fine they really teach folks and will answer any question you might have.

3 hours ago, TA718 said:

Nice congrats. When did you go in for pre employment? I missed mine on 3/23 but when in 4/20 to do it and did the drug test. 

List #34xx

I went the 30th it was a very smooth process for me. 30th of March pre employment. April 26 medical. May 16th I start