ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

15 hours ago, lizzydriver said:

Are some of those people in those titles that you Mentioned are really that bad?  :(  Makes me anxious.
When you say Schedule Card, is that your schedule for that particular day and everyday is different?
Is it possible to perform on this job without talking to any of your co-workers?  I just want to operate the train as best as I can without dealing with co-workers (also hopefully not dealing with violent EDPs too! )

Yeah you will learn the different characters at each location when you come out on your as you’ll probably be extra extra. You’ll be placed in different locations but the best thing to do is not feed into it. Obviously don’t go for no disrespect but the little comments that you know they want a response from, I just ignore it. Schedule cards can be the same if you’re working the same pick job, however if you have a GO and there’s a supplement it can change your schedule drastically! My advice especially when you’re extra extra always ask for a schedule card. You can work and not talk to your partner, even though some people find this rude, you will get some people who just want to introduce themselves. They want to know who they’re working with. Other than that yeah you’ll just be in that cab alone for the most part. When you first come out though be prepared to have TSS’s pop up on you randomly and a lot!

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/7/2022 at 10:56 PM, mediccjh said:

Just avoid the Crew Room Lawyers. They usually have no clue what they are talking about, and are the ones who are getting into trouble.

They are usually the Loudest ones in the Crew Room as well..

On 5/7/2022 at 6:05 PM, lizzydriver said:

Personal + Past experiences has lead me to live this life of solitude.  At my current job I am the only employee who loves to be by herself, reading books during lunch in the cafeteria.  Operating inside of that train operator's room/cab sounds like a good career for me.  Do you like the break rooms where you work?
side note: i drive uber too.... i like getting folks from point A to point B and i hate small talk with customers.  but most customers are quiet, which i love :)

I strongly SUGGEST you get to know your classmates though.

Going solo down here not wanting to talk to anybody can get you labeled(Yes labels are in full effect here since i started 21 years ago) and if you really need help then what?

7 hours ago, Chris8 said:

I'm part of the Conductor 6601 test and will start school car May 30th. Good luck to all the TO's starting soon, can't wait to see you guys on the road some day! 

Good luck to you and everyone else starting soon. I'm on that list as well as this one and I hope I can get my foot in the door with one of the two.

15 hours ago, SweetTart59 said:

Good luck to you and everyone else starting soon. I'm on that list as well as this one and I hope I can get my foot in the door with one of the two.

What's your list number for 6601? 

Edit* (Sorry just saw it on the 6601 Forums) 

Edited by Chris8

Update:

Just came in to have my medical hold release. I had come in originally on 5/2 to do Medical. Passed everything but something had come up and had to be placed on medical hold. I had that taken care of during the week. They say to email to make an appointment and I was not going to wait over a week and miss out on my appointed date of 5/16. So I decided to come in today with documentation to release my medical hold. Came in at 6:30am and right now just leaving being sworn in, fingerprints taken and Photo ID taken. Starting 5/16 and hope to see some of you on Monday.

List#: 34xx

55 minutes ago, TA718 said:

Update:

Just came in to have my medical hold release. I had come in originally on 5/2 to do Medical. Passed everything but something had come up and had to be placed on medical hold. I had that taken care of during the week. They say to email to make an appointment and I was not going to wait over a week and miss out on my appointed date of 5/16. So I decided to come in today with documentation to release my medical hold. Came in at 6:30am and right now just leaving being sworn in, fingerprints taken and Photo ID taken. Starting 5/16 and hope to see some of you on Monday.

Sometime you just got to walk in there and demand service ( no appointment )

that what I did to be a conductor 

59 minutes ago, TA718 said:

Update:

Congrats!!!! That’s so dope, sometimes you just gotta take matters into your own hands and pull up lol! Good luck and don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you need anything! 

Hey Guys, I’m really freaking out and I need your help. I was at Livingston yesterday May 9th to hand in my application and take my drug test. I did not have my original Social Security card. I have a copy and my original birth certificate and passport. I was giving a piece of paper to make a new appointment once my issue is resolved. The paperwork says I can have my original Birth certificate and passport. I tried calling all day I couldn’t leave a message and I did not speak to anybody. Really freaking out I think I am losing time and afraid I will not get placed into a school car. Does anybody have any advise or can provide me with different number. I really want this job and losing my mind as time slips away. I already had a high list number at 4546!! Please help

21 minutes ago, Vinnypatron said:

Hey Guys, I’m really freaking out and I need your help. I was at Livingston yesterday May 9th to hand in my application and take my drug test. I did not have my original Social Security card. I have a copy and my original birth certificate and passport. I was giving a piece of paper to make a new appointment once my issue is resolved. The paperwork says I can have my original Birth certificate and passport. I tried calling all day I couldn’t leave a message and I did not speak to anybody. Really freaking out I think I am losing time and afraid I will not get placed into a school car. Does anybody have any advise or can provide me with different number. I really want this job and losing my mind as time slips away. I already had a high list number at 4546!! Please help

Your list number is still awhile away so you should be fine. You mainly need all your documents ready by the time you get to the day of your medical. If you need to replace your Social Security card, you can try and do it online on their website.

6 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Your list number is still awhile away so you should be fine. You mainly need all your documents ready by the time you get to the day of your medical. If you need to replace your Social Security card, you can try and do it online on their website.

Thank you I have submitted my requested for the new card already. I actually had the receipt of the request from the social security office. Thu saidabout 2 weeks. If I did not take the drug testyesterday can I still get called for medical? 

6 minutes ago, Vinnypatron said:

Thank you I have submitted my requested for the new card already. I actually had the receipt of the request from the social security office. Thu saidabout 2 weeks. If I did not take the drug testyesterday can I still get called for medical? 

The drug test comes first. Sounds like you gotta get the card in hand and I would just go back as soon as you can.

Unless you miss the next class entirely, you will retain your place in seniority compared to other people that are behind your list number.

I was on medical hold, but my list number determined my seniority not when I was sworn in.

Edited by Jericho

5 hours ago, TA718 said:

Update:

Congratulations!!!

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

The drug test comes first. Sounds like you gotta get the card in hand and I would just go back as soon as you can.

Unless you miss the next class entirely, you will retain your place in seniority compared to other people that are behind your list number.

I am going to the social security office Friday to get my replacement card in person because I cannot wait 2 weeks. I am incredibly nervous about missing the next available class. Friday I’ll get my SS card and Monday I will got back and hopefully be able to take my drug test that day. Do you think that will work or do you think they will tell me to leave?

5 minutes ago, Vinnypatron said:

I am going to the social security office Friday to get my replacement card in person because I cannot wait 2 weeks. I am incredibly nervous about missing the next available class. Friday I’ll get my SS card and Monday I will got back and hopefully be able to take my drug test that day. Do you think that will work or do you think they will tell me to leave?

Well, if you read a few posts up, you'd see that somebody had barged their way in to do the medical to get in the class, so it wouldn't hurt.

5 hours ago, Gullys said:

Sometime you just got to walk in there and demand service ( no appointment )

that what I did to be a conductor 

Absolutely! They’ll just take you and do the paperwork since you already did most of it. I was extremely lucky since the only title they were doing fingerprints for was T/Os. 

5 hours ago, Imhim said:

Congrats!!!! That’s so dope, sometimes you just gotta take matters into your own hands and pull up lol! Good luck and don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you need anything! 

Appreciate it! Thanks man, definitely will keep that in mind. 👍🏽

17 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Congratulations!!!

Appreciate it man, hope to see you guys on the road! 🤙🏽

9 minutes ago, Vinnypatron said:

Yep I saw. I’m gonna do the same thing. Can’t let this slip away. Thanks for all your help.

Definitely hit up the social security office ASAP whenever you have the chance. Get that replacement and the next day just show up really early at 6am. Doors open at 6:30am and just say you’re there to finish up your pre-employment since you were missing one document. Then go from there. I know May 16th is the current class and I believe after that it’s in June from what I read in the previous posts. 

27 minutes ago, Vinnypatron said:

For a different exam I had to re-do my ss card too cuz one of the hr ladies was questioning why my original card did not have my middle name on it. If youre in brooklyn just waltz in to the social security building on montague street where cadman plaza is. Just have your passport, social security card (if you ever had one) drivers licence. fill out the form and by next week it should be in your mailbox next week.

5 minutes ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

40xx went for pre on April 8th still waiting for medical anyone have an idea were they are up to on the medical? 

1 hour ago, Sto said:

GA all… I went in for Pre-Employ on 4/14.. Still awaiting Medical list #419*… looking for some advice. I see a lot of answers and responses. 

Looks like around 3800-3900.